Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Liverpool (A) Cup Quarter Final

55 minutes ago, goody2028 said:

Was going to drive down in the day and stay over but the city centre is so far away from the ground. Anyone else doing similar? 

6 of us are making a night of it. Going up about midday on the Wednesday and staying at Premier Inn Liverpool one (Leicester 4 :D) Will probably end up walking there and back but will see on the day. Thinking of booking for a meal somewhere around 5pm as I'm sure being Christmas week most places will be rammed with office parties etc..

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

6 of us are making a night of it. Going up about midday on the Wednesday and staying at Premier Inn Liverpool one (Leicester 4 :D) Will probably end up walking there and back but will see on the day. Thinking of booking for a meal somewhere around 5pm as I'm sure being Christmas week most places will be rammed with office parties etc..

When I went to the Everton QF the same week and stayed over, I was surprised how quiet the city was. Always strikes me that office parties finish before the final week for Christmas in larger cities. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NAKC20 said:

Think you should be fine on that score. Personally speaking there's no chance I am spending time with work colleagues literally 3 days before xmas, goes for most friends/family/colleagues i know. I have never heard of an office do being organised that late in the month

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Chloe_77 said:

Another section opened this morning- surely they have to put these on general sale sooner rather than later? 

They will wait until about 10 days before probably knowing that tickets will continue to shift in the meantime. They should stick them on general sale pretty soon though as people have had 3 weeks (members 2 weeks) to buy tickets.

6 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

They will wait until about 10 days before probably knowing that tickets will continue to shift in the meantime. They should stick them on general sale pretty soon though as people have had 3 weeks (members 2 weeks) to buy tickets.

Zero reason to not open them up now. 

Edited by Lako42

On 30/11/2021 at 15:04, goody2028 said:

Was going to drive down in the day and stay over but the city centre is so far away from the ground. Anyone else doing similar? 

Mersey rail is a good shout. Probably about a 20 minute walk from Anfield to Sandhills but it’s about £2 and gets you right back in to central. 

• Like 1

On 30/11/2021 at 15:04, goody2028 said:

Last time I went to Anfield I got on the football bus from the City Centre. Sure, it's full of Liverpool fans but tbh they're sound.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, AjcW said:

I've booked a parking space on a little newbuild estate near the ground..... so i'll be walking back to Nottingham probably lol 

Yeah, I did the same on JustPark yesterday, was unsure of parking options so took a punt on this. Never done it before but it *should* be OK...

2 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

Yeah, I did the same on JustPark yesterday, was unsure of parking options so took a punt on this. Never done it before but it *should* be OK...

Yeah lots of decent reviews so happy enough to go with it! I’m going to be cutting it fine so no other option really