Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Steven

LCFC vs Villa (A) Post Match Thread 2 - 1

Disappointing game result & performance in the second half, really thought we had enough chances to put this game to bed before half time.

Thought Vardy should have started keep Daka for Napoli, our defence has been shocking all season the injuries have certainly took their toll on us Castagne is not the defender he used to be he’s making far too many mistakes Cags is a train crash most games, we just can’t seem to defend for toffee !

Lets see if we can bring in some quality defenders in January shore up that defensive nightmare ?

Well onto Napoli Thursday let’s hope we can get a convincing win there and push on to Sundays game with Newcastle a must win game for us not only for getting up the table but we can’t lose to a side that can’t buy a win 🙏 for embarrassing stakes if we can’t beat them !!

Daft as it sounds if that VAR goal that wasn't disallowed just before half time would it have changed the performance in the second half, would we have came out better? At least then come half time Brendan could have a go at them. Then maybe second half the team would have come out and battled. 

Just now, Leicesterpool said:

Daft as it sounds if that VAR goal that wasn't disallowed just before half time would it have changed the performance in the second half, would we have came out better? At least then come half time Brendan could have a go at them. Then maybe second half the team would have come out and battled. 

It definitely spooked him because the team came out in contain and control mode after a pretty decent first half bar the goal conceded.

3 minutes ago, justfoxes said:

Disappointing game result & performance in the second half, really thought we had enough chances to put this game to bed before half time.

Thought Vardy should have started keep Daka for Napoli, our defence has been shocking all season the injuries have certainly took their toll on us Castagne is not the defender he used to be he’s making far too many mistakes Cags is a train crash most games, we just can’t seem to defend for toffee !

Lets see if we can bring in some quality defenders in January shore up that defensive nightmare ?

Well onto Napoli Thursday let’s hope we can get a convincing win there and push on to Sundays game with Newcastle a must win game for us not only for getting up the table but we can’t lose to a side that can’t buy a win 🙏 for embarrassing stakes if we can’t beat them !!

lollollol

Please forget a “convincing win”…

Let’s just eek out a result or our season may well be on life support (if it’s not there already). 

Edited by NaijaFox

Just now, supernuk said:

It's a very poor result against a very poor Villa side. Our defence has become one of the worst in the league, we can't defend set pieces. Unfortunately for me I'm starting to shift towards Rodgers out. Thursday night is massive 

No I disagree. The Newcastle game is the crunch one for me. We are in serious trouble and I firmly believe that we are now set into a relegation battle.

We have a Good First half, Ruined again by the King's Clothes scenario of defending..

The players havent the mental strength to fight back or give that consistent same level...

Rodgers hasn the Charisma to change or influence a game...

Its no use mentioning how good/poor individuals were....The "team"  is just lame & lacking any ideas how to change their so obvious readable pattern...

Maddison,KDH,Daka,Barnes looked like they could start a New era & style.....But others are not Holding their end...

Then we fizz out...

Until our defence Stop being a laughing stock, by Making repeatidly the same..no!!! The same awful mistakes....I Doubt I will be interested After the European

campaign to watch or Listen to excuses...

4 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

2 minutes ago, Dames said:

It definitely spooked him because the team came out in contain and control mode after a pretty decent first half bar the goal conceded.

It probably ultimately backfired on us, because the Villa players went in mad at being “cheated” and came back out with that mindset and passion.

Well, what another very disappointing result! ….. and against the ‘MIGHTY’Villa !! …. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 …….. I’ve deleted my ranting tales of woes as the players themselves must realise how poorly and badly they’ve let themselves down; let alone the Club that pay them?

11 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Sorry I disagree. The players continuing feeling sorry for themselves. That second half they showed no desire, no bollocks and a stinking attitude. 

I don’t know why people get stuck in with the pre and post match waffle 

So he doesn’t have to take responsibility for his players?

Again, if it’s a one off. Fine. It’s been this way for months. It can only come down to one lane ultimately.

It’s tough to understand how we have completely lost the identity that drove success under BR in the first 2 seasons.

That identity was strong defending and countering, and the defense has been shambles

Calgar is a shell of himself, lost pace and confidence 

Evans is a year older and has a knock still

Its tough to hold on and wait for the lineup to return that brought our success - we need points all teams deal with injury 

waiting for this 

Fofana Evans Souyuncu

Pereira Ndidi Tielemans Castagne

Maddison Barnes

Vardy

The options on the bench for defense is terrible 

vestgaard, Bertrand, Armartey = not reliable

Thomas & Justin = young wingbacks offensive minded 

0 - August the 14th is our ONLY clean sheet since the start of the season, 15 games ago!!! This is pure madness. 

How the hell hasn't Rodgers seen this and attempted to fix it!?! Even it means a park the bus 0-0. More than most I like to give BR the benefit of the doubt. He obviously respects his job and wants to succeed. We know he's aware of our weakness. But week in week out I'm just not seeing a progress. That's what's so frustrating. If anything we feel to be getting worse. Ndidi has become a bit of a liability in the last few weeks. Only escaped a pen' because opposition bailed him out. And Evans doesn't seem to have the authority any more. Yes we have players out and injuries, these things effect teams but it doesn't stop them from re-setting and saying our single objective this game is to not concede. It was one of the most important things Ranieri did in our title year.    

We score goals but you can't expect a team (unless you're ManC or Liverpool) to be scoring 3 goals a game to win them.  

• Like 3