Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

1 hour ago, Kent-Fox said:

Kinda think he is at his level with Leicester

What level is that though? European contenders, relegation scrappers, mid-table non-entities, title contenders if we ever actually get in a right winger? What man? WHAT?

15 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

We’ve played two games since the WC and got 0 points. Continue that form and we’re in trouble before the end of January

The season started in August and we didn’t win a game until October, yet we finished in November before the World Cup in 13th, as we are now.

No point planning to visit the Cov-Scum just yet until we see what state we are in come Feb 1st.

23 minutes ago, JimJams said:

What level is that though? European contenders, relegation scrappers, mid-table non-entities, title contenders if we ever actually get in a right winger? What man? WHAT?

Maybe a couple of seasons of mid-table stability is exactly what we need. In that time the squad needs a major overhaul , we need to introduce Alves, Braybrooke and hopefully one or two others into the main squad. The long delayed stadium expansion needs starting and last but not least Rodgers is life expired. People need to pull back their expectations on here. As long as we are a reasonably competitive PL team I am prepared to be patient.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

A level of tolerable inconsistency

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

The long delayed stadium expansion needs starting and last but not least Rodgers is life expired. People need to pull back their expectations on here. As long as we are a reasonably competitive PL team I am prepared to be patient.

...a bit drastic, but I  can see you are concerned!!!

Aiming to stand still,  is being devoid of ambition and leads to an inability to see and take opportunities, we won't standstill, we will go backwards. 

I am going to keep looking forward and watching us push to be our best, it really is something that should be understood by now.

• 2 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Swanning about in midfield trying not to get injured while wearing the captains armband at the City Ground is unforgivable for a Leicester player.

Get rid. He doesn't want to be here and I'm past wanting him to stay.

Albrighton  was Captain right? But dont disagree with sell.

looks like youri is not the difference between staying up and going down.  

if you are going to make the argument that with madders available then he is -  that's a debate to have

otherwise get whatever cash in that you can - now ....... but you have to bring someone in who you are sure can control the tempo of the game from the base of midfield in this league

• Like 1

We need a shake up and not averse to him going. We can’t carry passengers anymore, and sadly he looks like one since the World Cup. They need to reinvest immediately obviously.

What a sad way to end his time here. He could have been, and still is to a little extent, a legend. But FA Cup winning goal will always be tarnished with how things will end - pulling out of tackles at the City Ground. I’ve alway get with YT that when the going is good, he’s fine. But he’s not one for leading by example of grabbing a game by the scruff of the neck - and that’s what we need right now.

Just now, pkonline said:

I don't think selling Youri this window, for a small fee, would be all that helpful - any replacement would cost us much more in January vs Summer.

It's a trade off of sorts, sell him for a fee and get his salary off the books whilst getting some fresh blood in and get some energy in the team to save our season. Tielemans has nothing left to play for and walks free in 5 months.