Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
whitlock

Youri Tielemans

I don't agree he's been terrible, He's been working alone in Midfield since Maddisons injury and he's still be better than the rest.

I do agree that we should sell him this Window regardless. We can't be losing millions of pounds on players who dont' want to be here.

Keeping unhappy players rarely ends well.

• Like 1

He is a top player on his day, and at times, I could see him at a big club. However, too often he is below that level and has even cost us games in the past with his lack of pace, tracking back and misplaced passes. Overall I think he is comfortably a top 6/7 player, but not consistent enough for a top 5 and above club. 

Shame we didn't sell him when his stock was highest, and looks likely he will leave for free in the summer, but that FA Cup goal will always be one of my favourite ever moments! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I don’t think he is unhappy here, certainly not running off and waiting at airports and his displays on the pitch have been more committed than most.

There is a huge difference between a player who wants out and a player coming towards the end of their contract and wanting to keep their options open.

I think he genuinely likes the Club but is unhappy with the the lack of progress since the Accident.

Like most good players they want to win rhings and he doesn't see that happeing here in the short term.

Which is why I believe he does want out and would be gone if anyone of the mentioned clubs had made a Bid.

At the very least the Club should agree to allow him to leave to a club of his choice if he agrees to sign a new Contract,

This would help protect our investment in him.

• Like 1

Youri at his best is a joy to watch , sadly his top top club player status has, imo,  declined with more and more flaws in his game being exposed over the last 18 months. Slow, ponderous and mistake ridden have been a steadily increasing feature .

I don't see any of the 'big 6' clamouring for his signature and prepared to pay a fee this window nor do I see any of them bringing him in on ridiculous wages , even in a free, as he wouldn't be a guaranteed starter. 

Youri is a bright lad that has been professional towards the club and it appears he genuinely loves the club too. 

I don't see him as a saleable significant asset right now and I also do not see him as the 'in demand' star he once was.

If we don't fall through the trap door his time with us may not be over🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

A last minute Newcastle move wouldn't shock me to be honest. Bruno out for the foreseeable as is Shelvey. Be nice if we could get them to chuck £15-20m over this way! 

Can't bare the thought of him going through the motions for 4 months whilst we are in the thick of a relegation fight! 

This season he's not been as bad as some make out. It's easy to jump on him, because his style is so lethargic. I believe he is professional enough to still be giving his all (although against Forest he was very off, albeit so was everyone else). However, he should have been moved on in the Summer, as others have alluded to, regardless of how good a player is, we need to put ourselves ahead of their needs.

On 17/01/2023 at 12:05, cruzFOX said:

Nobody wants him not even the arses lol

we are stuck with him and he’s stuck with us. Not even in the summer will he move

Can't see him playing for nothing. Of course he will be picked up by a top club. They know and we know his capabilities.

2 minutes ago, 1884Man said:

He is a greedy b***** who just wants more money. Can't see him staying in England. He wants £160k a week I bet.

What has given you this impression? Because he has let his contract run down?  - it’s his prerogative to do so if he thinks it opens up his options for the future. 

I'm reading various articles and apparently Newcastle won't meet he wage demands. Footballers really do not live in the real world. Anyone on even 100k a weak is honoured and should be working damn hard for the money. The game has become a joke.

Edited by 1884Man