Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

Spurs fan in L1

3 hours ago, boots60 said:

Many years ago as a naive 14 year old I went to White Hart lane & stood on the shelf, which for those old enough to remember was the middle tier of a triple decker stand & probably the best standing view at a ground in the old first division.(along with Man City's Kippax)

We were a bit lairy & made no attempt to hide our Royal blue from the locals & even (briefly) sang Leicester songs. Unfortunately for myself & my mate, we were unaware of the possible danger from Spurs fans who didn't take kindly to 2 upstarts invading their territory & got a bit of a hiding, nothing too serious but bloody & bruised.

The moral of this tale is if you have to watch a game in the middle of fans from the opposition shut the **** up & hide your colours. I learned this lesson very early.

Back in the early Seventies when I was young and dumb, I was ejected from Carrow Rd for 'giving it large'.

I walked round to the home end and paid to get in again (as you could in those days).

I did a great job of keeping quiet until we scored - I just couldn't help myself. Much to my relief it turned out there were a good few Leicester fans in there with me, so I was merely ejected again.

Edited by Buce
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Absolute morons the Leicester fans who gave/sold the two tickets to the Spurs fans.

Probably someone who put their seat up for resale (it was communicated by the club due to the original fixture being postponed).

Probably didn't have a seat in L1 anyway and thought he could get into the away end.

Still, crazy for actually getting in there, and staying!

I sit om L1 and didn't see anything to be honest, probably to shell shocked along with everyone else!

3 minutes ago, philce said:

Probably someone who put their seat up for resale (it was communicated by the club due to the original fixture being postponed).

Probably didn't have a seat in L1 anyway and thought he could get into the away end.

Still, crazy for actually getting in there, and staying!

I sit om L1 and didn't see anything to be honest, probably to shell shocked along with everyone else!

The club don't want tickets to go to Leicester fans who have not got memberships so can't really see Spurs fans buying one to then buy a ticket too. 

Edited by SemperEadem

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

The club don't want tickets to go to Leicester fans who have not got memberships so can't really see Spurs fans buying one to then buy a ticket too. 

Doesn't stop someone who can selling it on tho, print at home tickets etc, its very easy to do now.

22 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Think alot of posters on here are over thinking the situation really, the person obviously did something stupid and suffered the consequences for his actions. 

He's not dead, I'm sure he'll learn a lesson from it. 

I think there's a lack of sympathy for this person, the situation wouldn't of happened had he not been there. Away fans are not permitted in the home end, so he's made his own choice.

No reason for defending him nor abusing our fans for reacting to him either.

Brilliant lol

Should stand well in any court case. "Did you do this?" "Well, yeah, but....... he's not dead".

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Have to show pretty much your blood type to get into SK1 now. Wonder if Sunday will see the same for L1 with the shows lot turning up there.

I walked straight into SK1 on Wednesday, like I do every single game. 

7 hours ago, bennytwohats said:

Quite.

Im quite astonished at the prevailing views in this thread. Yes the guy was stupid and naive. But surely we can be better than being pleased he got his head kicked in for being stupid and naive?

There are very few things in this life I feel genuinely warrant someone getting beat up by a big group of people. Supporting another football team and acting a tit certainly isn’t one of them. 

.. an opposing supporter believing it would be acceptable to be in an enclosure and supporting his team openly, should be expecting some pushback in that scenario!!!

There is a lack of respect in choosing to do this, it comes with consequences as you would  not agree with someone, choosing to enter a group of lions, caged at a zoo and their choosing, to have a picnic within that cage because of the view it afforded them.

In life we all are aware of decisions that are ill conceived and taught throughout your formative years of the dangers in society which can be covert or  unashamedly open.

An assault on a person, having placed himself in such a situation, you may believe he has little or no right to be, is not something we all wish to see, but drawing this to an officials attention would have served a better purpose.

Let me be clear, I understand emotions were running high and I do not blame anyone for being incredibly angry, either at the result or the behaviour of an imbecile. 

However, my point was, and is, this. If one is boilingly angry, in any life situation, the responsibility for what one does with that anger lies not with the cause of the anger, but on the individual that is angry. 

I'm sorry if this comes across as high & mighty, but being in the presence of someone offering themselves as prey is not a legitimate reason. And no, I'm not calling anyone a sexual predator, but the parallel is obvious. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Let me be clear, I understand emotions were running high and I do not blame anyone for being incredibly angry, either at the result or the behaviour of an imbecile. 

However, my point was, and is, this. If one is boilingly angry, in any life situation, the responsibility for what one does with that anger lies not with the cause of the anger, but on the individual that is angry. 

I'm sorry if this comes across as high & mighty, but being in the presence of someone offering themselves as prey is not a legitimate reason. And no, I'm not calling anyone a sexual predator, but the parallel is obvious. 

Let me be the first to call bullshit on the word boilingly.  Im not having that is a word to describe a quantity of anger.  Highly impressive sentence apart from that though sir, especially using "one" to desscribe ones self,  not just once but twice. :appl:

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Let me be the first to call bullshit on the word boilingly.  Im not having that is a word to describe a quantity of anger.  Highly impressive sentence apart from that though sir, especially using "one" to desscribe ones self,  not just once but twice. :appl:

I wasn't talking about myself, and I'm not sure why you're using that deflection here either. And I frankly don't care about your approval or otherwise of my use of language :)

Have a good weekend. 

• Like 1