Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

Spurs fan in L1

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Some are acting like it was premeditated ffs, emotions are running high after a devastating collapse from us. Almost all football fans in that situation would be in a volatile mood, then if there's a Spurs fan celebrating like a twat (in the most fractious part of the ground) he's obviously going to get filled in.

It's not a case of "haha I will hit this person just because he supports a different team, I am so big and strong" like some posters want it to be.

It's a weird reaction to want to fill someone in over something that's happened on a football pitch, it reeks of someone with anger issues (and many other things that'd probably get me banned haha). I generally agree with everything you say but we're definitely not aligned on this one. These are the people that would rather spend 90 minutes looking at someone in the away end with foam coming out their chops and veins bulging, like some mad stalker.

I do agree it's obvious it'd happen because the type of people that go in L1 are generally the dregs that think chanting "we know what you did" or literally anything to that tune is the peak of comedy. 

It's a shame there are people like that, but it's a big world and it's up to people to be switched on and try not to put themselves in obviously dangerous positions.

Maybe I do agree with your point, I'm not sure lol

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, filbertway said:

It's a weird reaction to want to fill someone in over something that's happened on a football pitch, it reeks of someone with anger issues

I don't think too many would outright want to fill someone in, but in the most chaotic implosion I've ever seen tempers would be running extremely high. If a Spurs fans was celebrating next to you jumping up & down, cheering and and potentially bumping into you/goading our fans - even the most mild mannered person in the world would be irritated by it. At worst it's annoying so in a situation like that it'd be incredibly inflammatory.

I'm not an angry person, I'm level headed 99.9% of the time(despite my posts) but I was angrier than I've ever been in the ground at FT.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Stadt said:

I don't think too many would outright want to fill someone in, but in the most chaotic implosion I've ever seen tempers would be running extremely high. If a Spurs fans was celebrating next to you jumping up & down, cheering and and potentially bumping into you/goading our fans - even the most mild mannered person in the world would be irritated by it. At worst it's annoying so in a situation like that it'd be incredibly inflammatory.

I'm not an angry person, I'm level headed 99.9% of the time(despite my posts) but I was angrier than I've ever been in the ground at FT.

Angry enough to punch someone?

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I'm not surprised at all. Clearly a very silly man to be there and act up, but to read some of the overt pleasure taken in assaulting this idiot is quite revolting. 

I hate to think how far the 'he was asking for it' brigade extend their philosophy. That's the kind of defence that perpetrators of sexual crimes try to pull. 

As I was replying to Stadt I was thinking it overlaps with the sexual crimes theme. I think my opinion is the same on both, in an ideal world people shouldn't be concerned that they'll be attacked, but the world we live in is from ideal and you have to exercise some common sense. I wouldn't climb over a zoo enclosure fence (and not just because I physically can't) to get a better look at the lions. Humans that attack other and lions probably have the same amount of remorse.

Everyone agrees the attacker is in the wrong, but horrible people have and always will exist. That's why it's upto the good people to try and look out for each other when they can.

Anyway, I'll stop there as I'm in danger of taking the thread off tangent :D

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Aye, sometimes you can do things without meaning to in the heat of the moment. I've hit a wall or desk plenty of times after conceding a last minute goal on footie manager. Stopped short at booting the dog in the ribs though :D

• Like 1

To be fair I agree it's a stupid idea.

But a young stupid me did the same many moons ago when we played Chelsea in the cup.

I remember celebrating when we scored in the Chelsea end, had some nasty looks in my direction.

Luckily I didn't get a beating that night probably thanks to Shevchenko scoring the winner.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

Many years ago as a naive 14 year old I went to White Hart lane & stood on the shelf, which for those old enough to remember was the middle tier of a triple decker stand & probably the best standing view at a ground in the old first division.(along with Man City's Kippax)

We were a bit lairy & made no attempt to hide our Royal blue from the locals & even (briefly) sang Leicester songs. Unfortunately for myself & my mate, we were unaware of the possible danger from Spurs fans who didn't take kindly to 2 upstarts invading their territory & got a bit of a hiding, nothing too serious but bloody & bruised.

The moral of this tale is if you have to watch a game in the middle of fans from the opposition shut the **** up & hide your colours. I learned this lesson very early.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Many years ago as a naive 14 year old I went to White Hart lane & stood on the shelf, which for those old enough to remember was the middle tier of a triple decker stand & probably the best standing view at a ground in the old first division.(along with Man City's Kippax)

We were a bit lairy & made no attempt to hide our Royal blue from the locals & even (briefly) sang Leicester songs. Unfortunately for myself & my mate, we were unaware of the possible danger from Spurs fans who didn't take kindly to 2 upstarts invading their territory & got a bit of a hiding, nothing too serious but bloody & bruised.

The moral of this tale is if you have to watch a game in the middle of fans from the opposition shut the **** up & hide your colours. I learned this lesson very early.

You got filled in at 14 years old? Wild lol 

24 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Haha yeh potentially highest stress moment since Deeney 2013 and we are saying these people may extend their mantra to sexual violence, just WOW

What part of being stressed/annoyed doesn't give you the right to physically attack other humans are you not understanding?

I've had a really stressful week at work, you won't mind if I come over and punch you in the nose then?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, danny. said:

What part of being stressed/annoyed doesn't give you the right to physically attack other humans are you not understanding?

I've had a really stressful week at work, you won't mind if I come over and punch you in the nose then?

I bet the Spurs fan in question wished he was sat next to you on Wednesday night.  Not only would you have given him a friendly thumbs up as hes going mental and giving it the big en, you would also have offered him your car keys for a quick exit and the option to bang your wife before you get in.  Obviously if you had caught him in the act there would be no excuse for any kind of violence or raised voices, offer him a cup of tea and directions back to the M1.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I bet the Spurs fan in question wished he was sat next to you on Wednesday night.  Not only would you have given him a friendly thumbs up as hes going mental and giving it the big en, you would also have offered him your car keys for a quick exit and the option to bang your wife before you get in.  Obviously if you had caught him in the act there would be no excuse for any kind of violence or raised voices, offer him a cup of tea and directions back to the M1.

Ah yea, because not wanting to physically attack someone over a football game and them "giving it the big en" clearly means I would offer my wife and car to that person. You're thinking in absolutes. There are a lot of things between passive capitulation and physical assault.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

See? This shit. Jesus christ, don't be a fvcking idiot. There's a world of space between letting him fvck your wife while you watch and actually filling him in. 

Where's your emotional maturity for christ sakes?

15 minutes ago, danny. said:

lol lol lol

1) Where have i said being stressed/annoyed gives you the right to physically attack another human being? In fact i've twice said in this thread i do not condone violence.

2) How have i made your week at work more stressful (unless you work with me, in which case, sorry!) giving you an excuse to punch me in the nose? The spurs fan was exacerbating a split second high stress situation in the faces of his aggressors. SUUUURELY you can understand that!?? Christ, even comparing a weeks worth of stress in a workplace to an utterly unexpected, unfathomable implosion in the space of 30 seconds is speechlessly ridiculous.

Its incredible that people think football is some kind of rational, logical, emotionless passtime that stokes up no anger within us. If you think the stress of a job is comparable to that enjoyed/endured in a football match, you are missing the point of being a fan! Again, not condoning violence, i genuinely wish the spurs fan well and hope not to see/hear of incidents like this again. A few choice words and getting the stewards to deal with him should suffice

6 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

lol lol lol

1) Where have i said being stressed/annoyed gives you the right to physically attack another human being? In fact i've twice said in this thread i do not condone violence.

You brought up stress as a justification "Haha yeh potentially highest stress moment since Deeney 2013"

2) How have i made your week at work more stressful (unless you work with me, in which case, sorry!) giving you an excuse to punch me in the nose? The spurs fan was exacerbating a split second high stress situation in the faces of his aggressors. SUUUURELY you can understand that!?? Christ, even comparing a weeks worth of stress in a workplace to an utterly unexpected, unfathomable implosion in the space of 30 seconds is speechlessly ridiculous.

You haven't done anything to stress me out, it's not rational to want to take my stress out on you is it. But then someone celebrating their local sporting team's win is rational to want to punch them? "Agressors" it's a game not a war, Jesus. And yea, my job is often way more stressful than watching a football game, but I guess that depends on your job and how much you care about a game.

Its incredible that people think football is some kind of rational, logical, emotionless passtime that stokes up no anger within us. If you think the stress of a job is comparable to that enjoyed/endured in a football match, you are missing the point of being a fan! Again, not condoning violence, i genuinely wish the spurs fan well and hope not to see/hear of incidents like this again. A few choice words and getting the stewards to deal with him should suffice

I totally understand anger. Also frustration, and a whole gamut of emotions. Acting on that anger to attack people, it's just wrong. People annoy me literally every day, I don't go around punching them.

Edit: I DO understand all this, I'm not an idiot. I also understand why someone would stab or shoot someone else if they were mouthy to them, slept with their partner etc. I understand it. But it's absolutely a horrible part of any uncivilised society and needs to stop. 

Edited by danny.
  • Like 1