Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FoxesTez

Spurs fan in L1

1 minute ago, fazzyfox said:

Vs Arsenal, the famous one with Walshys late goal (and Bergkamp played alright I suppose), we were in the double decker and some Arsenal fans were winding up home fans, next thing you know there's a couple of guys having a full on punch up and coming along the row towards us. We had the Foxy ladies cheerleaders sat behind us and being chivalrous and concerned for their safety I stood up and put my arm across (you know, that measure that is guaranteed to stop two heavyweights who are going hammer and tongs at each other). No need....one of the cheerleaders shouts "Oi!" and starts whacking the Arsenal fan with her LCFC umbrella. He lay on the floor squealing for help as the teenaged Scrappy-Doo-esque dynamo gave him a thorough hiding. A one off or were they really undercover super stewards? 

Mentioned in Pipes autobiography.

lol as a non league follower, it's really weird to see people happy that someone got battered because they decided to sit/stand in a certain part of the ground. Such a weird mindset.

Unless of course he was being a dick and attacking people. I cba to read the other 3 pages.

• Like 1

I am pretty uncomfortable with the amount of posters in this thread completely ok with a guy getting filled in for not being a Leicester fan in our end. 
I’ve been in Arsenal and Chelsea away to see our team play and was soon spotted even though I was behaving myself. Home fans can smell an away supporter. 
I especially feel for this guy because sometimes it is impossible to stay silent even if you know your life might literally depend on it. The Arsenal game that I went to in the away end was the Friday night one under Shakespeare that we lost 4:3. When Vardy scored the third goal I managed not to celebrate vocally but found my body jumping out of my seat with arms aloft. The hand of my Gunner mate grabbed me by the collar and quickly pulled me down. Sometimes your body just betrays you. Especially in a thrilling game. I could have got beaten up for that, but didn’t intend to be disrespectful. 

Edited by An Away Move

27 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

Your welcome.  I will give you another one for free.

Fat ugly old ladies who "find love" abroad with young lads from Gambia or wherever.  Then shocked and upset when they lose thousands of pounds and it doesnt work out.

Stupid decision = consequences.

So tell me, why did you move from the Gambia to Tamworth ? 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

So tell me, why did you move from the Gambia to Tamworth ? 

I thought that would be obvious..................

A fat ugly old woman spent £20,000 on me and moved me over here.  I then stole another £50,000 off her and moved in with a 20 year old fit blonde girl.

Unfortunately for old Ethel my first wife stupid decision = consequences.  My point all along.

Edited by TamworthFoxes

Sitting in L1 as A Spurs fan clearly wasn’t a good idea, but to physically assault another human because they support a different local sporting team to you is pathetic and completely wrong. 

It’s a game. 

I’m clearly in the minority here though. Maybe should go and post in the Unpopular opinions thread. 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, danny. said:

Sitting in L1 as A Spurs fan clearly wasn’t a good idea, but to physically assault another human because they support a different local sporting team to you is pathetic and completely wrong. 

It’s a game. 

I’m clearly in the minority here though. Maybe should go and post in the Unpopular opinions thread. 

That is an incorrect explanation of what unfolded!

13 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

I thought that would be obvious..................

A fat ugly old woman spent £20,000 on me and moved me over here.  I then stole another £50,000 off her and moved in with a 20 year old fit blonde girl.

Unfortunately for old Ethel my first wife stupid decision = consequences.  My point all along.

I suppose it was obvious. No one chooses to live in Tamworth without an ulterior motive. 

26 minutes ago, danny. said:

It’s a game. 

Again, not what happened. 

It's unfair to call out those who assualted him based on your mindset two days later whilst sitting at home on an internet forum. It's a cold night in January, you've had a few beers, watched your team go 2-1 up and have spent 94 minutes shouting at Spurs fans who you generally do not like, and in the space of 30 seconds that lead has turned into a loss and one of the aforementioned fans you do not like is celebrating in your face whilst their players celebrate wildly below you. Emotions are clearly running very high in that split second and obviously reactions occur. I'm not saying violence is right, but we are human beings, i am amazed anyone is surprised/shocked that this incident occured.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Unabomber said:

What did happen?

Yeah, definitely feels like a couple of posters here are taking pride in going "not what happened" without actually telling us what happened? If they don't want to tell us that's entirely their choice, but don't be surprised at the narrative of this thread going awry when people aren't being told what happens.

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Some are acting like it was premeditated ffs, emotions are running high after a devastating collapse from us. Almost all football fans in that situation would be in a volatile mood, then if there's a Spurs fan celebrating like a twat (in the most fractious part of the ground) he's obviously going to get filled in.

It's not a case of "haha I will hit this person just because he supports a different team, I am so big and strong" like some posters want the case to be.

This is right. I was telling a friend about this and he was like "you're not defending it are you" and I had to explain that it wasn't defending it. I just wasn't surprised. It's the most volatile area of the stadium by a mile. The home/away end was already a powder keg after the 2-2 goal. I'm genuinely surprised it didn't get any "worse" than it did then that third goal went in.

It's more realistic awareness of the situation. Of course he was going to take a pasting (or not, depending on the story seemingly) in that situation. There was a Liverpool fan in the home end causing a commotion in the kop when Salah got/missed his penalty and a few clappers were thrown towards him and took some stick. That's the sedate kop. Now put a Spurs fan in the most edgy part of the ground with one of the latest winning goals we've ever seen. What else is going to happen? It's not right, it's just not in any way a surprise.

Spurs fan is a complete plonker for sitting in the home end, and if celebrating too that is bound to wind people up!

I think you've got to have some self restraint at the point of assulting someone for it. People seem to think if you're within the boundaries of a football stadium or just outside it anything is fair game. 9/10 people would also back down if it was 1 v 1 and not backed up by similar low IQ thugs.

It is football, and I'm not saying take the rivalry out of it or anything, but assulting someone is just moronic. There are cameras everywhere so I suspect whoever got stuck in will now be banned or charged.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

lol as a non league follower, it's really weird to see people happy that someone got battered because they decided to sit/stand in a certain part of the ground. Such a weird mindset.

Unless of course he was being a dick and attacking people. I cba to read the other 3 pages.

You should watch the Robbie Savage documentary on Macclesfield. A full on riot happens in the terrace which he has to go in and help stop. In the bottom league of the pyramid. 

Assault is clearly bad and again i want to reiterate i don't condone violence, and merely am not surprised by the actions here. However I have a millwall supporting colleague, he's not a knuckle dragging thug! He was telling me that one of their 'fans' has got multiple years in prison for stabbing an Everton fan in a scrap before a match in 2019. Millwall fans have raised £1000's for his family, held benefit nights, and are continuing with monthly contributions to 'help his family during such a hard time.' He showed me their forum, there is 100% support behind the thug and his actions as Everton fans 'brought it on themselves by walking through our manor and this was clearly too much for him to take', and universal condemnation for the length of sentence he got. Unbelivable!!!!! Imagine if a Spurs fan was caught celebrating there!!!!

12 minutes ago, smallpauldj said:

You should watch the Robbie Savage documentary on Macclesfield. A full on riot happens in the terrace which he has to go in and help stop. In the bottom league of the pyramid. 

Which was a derby to give context and those games are occasionally segregated at non league. I have been in an away end at Nuneaton’s old Manor Ground for example to watch Hinckley. 

You wouldn’t get an opposition fan in non league go stand next to the fierce area of support. It would kick off then which is exactly what happened here. 

• Like 1

A lot of us must have been to other grounds occasionaly and sat with the home supporters, surely? You just have to keep your mouth totally shut, and politely applaud if they score, no matter how you are feeling. Anything else is disrepectful beyond being a risk to your health. I don't think this guy deserved to experience violence in any way- its shameful and and I hate that side of game - but you have to assume he was aware of that risk. 

On Tuesday, there was a teenager a few rows in front of me in the family stand who had been quiet during the game but who obviously couldn't contain his excitement when Spurs won it - he had come with one of the regular ST holders who I recognised. But while I was tempted to give him a shove and tell him to shut the f-ck up, I obviously didn't, and I assume no-one else did either. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, smallpauldj said:

Haha yep, almost certainly caused by the fact macc fans are ingrained into thinking that the other teams supporters are scum of the earth because they happen to wear other teams shirts.

We had the same in Kings Lynn with Leicester/Norwich fans trying to ruin the day. Also had it with Atherstone when their fans attacked our fans at half time because they thought there were some baby squad lads there. It's embarassing.

Most proper non league fans are aware of the unwritten rule of "stand behind the goal you're attacking". You might have a bit of banter back and forth but it's generally good natured and you'll shake hands and wish them a safe journey on the way home.

At the end of the day, you're all there to watch football and support your team. It's good to have the banter and passion, but don't be a slobbering caveman about it.