Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Rodgers   

574 members have voted

  1. 1. Rodgers In/Out

    • In
      204
    • Out
      368


Recommended Posts

Guest Dirkster the Fox
Posted

I'm sticking with Brendan. Sure this season has become a turd, but would prefer stability until the summer and re-assess.

Posted (edited)

Everything he has built has now collapsed. We have gone backwards massively at a time when we really could have pushed on. 

 

I don’t see how anyone can still be Brendan in at this point. (Other than for saving money). 

 

Whats truly worrying for for me is that I’m now only confident that we are better than 3 teams in the league.  

 

A huge fall from where we were. But genuinely, if the players have had enough of Rodgers... we could be pulled into a relegation fight. It would only take losing to Norwich and Burnley and we would 100% be in contention 

Edited by Lambert09
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Dirkster the Fox said:

I'm sticking with Brendan. Sure this season has become a turd, but would prefer stability until the summer and re-assess.

...it will  still cost the same to offload him!!!

 He would have to have suitors with his contact with us and his backroom staff, it will be expensive.

  I would not be surprised if he has had a conversation with  Top and agreed that he was staying, and has been promised a significant change to our previous policy in respect of spending.

  That would probably explain his boldness in the statement that he made. He is not that brave. 

Edited by sacreblueits442
Posted
56 minutes ago, Gerard said:

That ship has long since sailed. I was hoping after sacking OGS they would come in for BR and give us compensation.

 

£200,000 a week we pay for BR, he is paid like an elite level manager and underperforming with what I believe is arguably the 4th/5th best squad in the division. We're a shambles defensively and at set pieces which lies firmly at the manager's door. Any manager who constantly change from a back four to a back five has run out of ideas and trying things at random hoping rather than knowing something sticks. He doesn't have a plan.

Our squad is not as good as Man City, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea, Spurs and, I'd argue, West Ham as West Ham's front three are better than ours. I'd have Bowen/Lanzini/Fornals/Benrahma any day in our attack.

 

Agree RE set pieces, we haven't improved at all and lets not forget Kane hit the bar from a corner the other week, but as for changing in defence he hasn't really had much to choose from given we've had that many injuries. It's only natural he has to change constantly. The bigger issue for me is why we keep getting so many injuries.

Posted

I’ve tilted now to out because we haven’t improved and he hasn’t resolved our problems. That being said I’m interested to see whether the players respond to his recent comments.

Posted

I've no faith in the rebuild and his words are increasingly hollow. Allowing him to do his own thing is very risky.

 

I don't want to be but I'm veering towards out having been in only a couple of weeks ago when we last had the poll.

  • Like 1
Posted
1 hour ago, Gerard said:

That ship has long since sailed. I was hoping after sacking OGS they would come in for BR and give us compensation.

 

£200,000 a week we pay for BR, he is paid like an elite level manager and underperforming with what I believe is arguably the 4th/5th best squad in the division. We're a shambles defensively and at set pieces which lies firmly at the manager's door. Any manager who constantly change from a back four to a back five has run out of ideas and trying things at random hoping rather than knowing something sticks. He doesn't have a plan.

4th 5th best squad in the league with 7/8 players out for 18 months. That says a lot to me.

Posted
24 minutes ago, The Year Of The Fox said:

Do you call this being stable? 

10th in the league is pretty stable? We aren't going down and we aren't gonna make top 6.

 

FA Cup run was shocking. League Cup run was decent but we should have made the semi's. Europe was shocking. League has been poor, but more inconsistent than anything. 

 

Stability until the summer, as OP said, is right really. Get the injured players back, get rid of some of the rubbish and bring some good players in (players who will actually improve the team!).

 

However I can't see where our next point is coming from, possibly Wolves as they struggle to score. I don't think we'll get anything from Liverpool or West Ham.

Posted

To qualify for Europa league we either need to win the Europa Conference League ( not happening imo) or finish 6th in the premier league not happening imo. The sooner Rodgers gets sacked the better, we aren’t going down and we are not getting Europe

Posted

Is Brendan Rodger’s successful with - 

 

1.) squad rotation 

2.) incoming transfers

3.) developing our younger players

4.) team selection

5.) tactics 

6.) staff appointments

7.) team morale, working towards keeping our better players content with ambitions and putting over his vision

8.) dealing with the media

9.) mapping out a more successful future for the club, aka having a plan

10.) controlling player discipline 

 

I like Brendan but there’s not many boxes he’s ticking here. 

Posted
4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

10th in the league is pretty stable? We aren't going down and we aren't gonna make top 6.

 

FA Cup run was shocking. League Cup run was decent but we should have made the semi's. Europe was shocking. League has been poor, but more inconsistent than anything. 

 

Stability until the summer, as OP said, is right really. Get the injured players back, get rid of some of the rubbish and bring some good players in (players who will actually improve the team!).

 

However I can't see where our next point is coming from, possibly Wolves as they struggle to score. I don't think we'll get anything from Liverpool or West Ham.

No were Leicester we will beat Liverpool then lose to Norwich and Burnley in a few weeks that's how it works

Posted

Rodgers never distanced himself from the United job , he fuelled speculation when the Arsenal job  came up 

within a year of him joining here. He is not committed , the players know that , it is not a good position. To be in

Rodgers is not a long term manager the next few weeks could confirm this

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Posted

Personally I want us to get thrashed the next two games. As humiliating as it would be, we’ll be able to offload him quicker. 
 

I’ll go to the Randers game as I’m sitting with a mate I don’t see often. After that I shan’t bother again until he’s gone 
 

  • Haha 1
Posted

I'm in by the slimmest of margins. Far as I'm concerned he needs to prove he's good enough now rather than relying on past achievements

 

On the positive side, he is a quality manager. When he came we were excited for a reason. His record is decent. He gets us winning the games we should and in the past he has taken us on impressive win streaks. The football can be very good. Even in a 'bad' season we're still mid table which is decent for a side like Leicester.

 

On the negative, he talks about a rebuild and fresh faces and there's no doubt it's required but I think he's part of the problem. He has become stale just as much as the players. I'd rather see a new face with fresh ideas take on the rebuild job. 2 seasons of choking has taken its toll. Yes we won the FA Cup but being brutally honest we deserved to lose that game and had some astonishing luck and a wonder goal.

 

If a decent alternative became available who wanted to come here I'd be all for it. Until then, he gets the chance to prove himself and only goes if we start to get too close to the bottom 3. And we make the call in summer. I think Top is on that line of thinking too.

Guest bennytwohats
Posted (edited)

Given where we were when he took over, and the success he has brought, he still has a little bit of credit in the bank for me, so in, but only just.

 

To be honest I can totally understand why people would feel differently and want him gone at this point, but the speed with which some people jumped on him, and the venom in some of the views here really is quite jarring for me (just to be crystal clear, I'm not suggesting this is everyone who wants him gone). I can handle a season of relative mediocracy after the glory years we are coming off the back off - yes I understand we've fallen short of expectations, but from what I can see a large proportion of our fans are acting like spoilt, entitled children. I find it baffling that there are people willing us to lose so we can offload him quicker, rather than willing us to turn a corner and get back on track with him - it's a funny interpretation of supporting your club imo. Between that and the increasingly embarrassing actions of some thugs masquerading as Leicester fans I'm beginning to feel quite turned off the football right now - for me that's more jarring than what we are seeing on the pitch.

Edited by bennytwohats

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...