Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Webbo

England friendlies.

I went to watch this with the kids. A good day out all in all. Tickets were £25 for me and £10 each for them so not too bad really.

Atmosphere inside felt pretty good, and the Mexican Wave is always entertaining for the kids.

Outside the beer police were in full force. Total ban on drinking on Wembley Way and surrounding areas. None of the shops selling any alcohol at all. There was a fan zone where you could get a beer outside but the days of grabbing beer from the Sainsbury Local and getting boozed up outside appear to be gone. 

Probably for the best to be honest....

I think for friendly this shouldn't have been at Wembley never going to sell out, like when England played Switzerland in a friendly last time it was played at the KP. This would have been perfect opportunity to host it at stadium, yet to host an international fixture like The KC stadium or Ashton Gate. 

14 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I think for friendly this shouldn't have been at Wembley never going to sell out, like when England played Switzerland in a friendly last time it was played at the KP. This would have been perfect opportunity to host it at stadium, yet to host an international fixture like The KC stadium or Ashton Gate. 

It did sell out.

I'm all for spreading games around the country though

It's bit like City tbh. They wanna encourage families and I took my 2 yesterday in the family stand. Reasonable pricing but the screeching middle class mums shouting "Jack will do it" (Grealish) was painful. I must admit I said "f*** off at a decision by the ref (not parent of the year, admittedly buts its football), the looks i got from some was unbelievable. So much potential with England atm and I really wish the atmosphere would reflect that. Molineux in summer will be a lot better.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Lcfcbl said:

It's bit like City tbh. They wanna encourage families and I took my 2 yesterday in the family stand. Reasonable pricing but the screeching middle class mums shouting "Jack will do it" (Grealish) was painful. I must admit I said "f*** off at a decision by the ref (not parent of the year, admittedly buts its football), the looks i got from some was unbelievable. So much potential with England atm and I really wish the atmosphere would reflect that. Molineux in summer will be a lot better.

Yes, I agree with this. I kind of have to "park" my own enjoyment - but the kids enjoy it. Althouth my two lads both compained about the girls behind us screaming like they were meeting the Beatles off the plane when Grealish came on.

Sat next to a really nice guy from Barnsley who spent most of the game telling me how amazing it was that we won the Prem! Always nice to hear though. Told me how him and his mates watched the Spurs/Chelsea game and celebrated like they had won the league that night!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, stripeyfox said:

Yes, I agree with this. I kind of have to "park" my own enjoyment - but the kids enjoy it. Althouth my two lads both compained about the girls behind us screaming like they were meeting the Beatles off the plane when Grealish came on.

Sat next to a really nice guy from Barnsley who spent most of the game telling me how amazing it was that we won the Prem! Always nice to hear though. Told me how him and his mates watched the Spurs/Chelsea game and celebrated like they had won the league that night!

Been England quite a few times over last few years and the goodwill and genuine congratulations you get from others when you tell them you are Leicester is amazing. Yesterday alone, I had Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Millwall all wanting a drink and bigging the kids up about 2016. Unfortunately, mine are too young to remember it but I enjoy the praise. Even an old cockney boy on the tube when he saw our flag was bigging us up, he was off to boxing, couldn't care less about the England game.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Lcfcbl said:

Been England quite a few times over last few years and the goodwill and genuine congratulations you get from others when you tell them you are Leicester is amazing. Yesterday alone, I had Scunthorpe, Lincoln, Millwall all wanting a drink and bigging the kids up about 2016. Unfortunately, mine are too young to remember it but I enjoy the praise. Even an old cockney boy on the tube when he saw our flag was bigging us up, he was off to boxing, couldn't care less about the England game.

I went to the Euros in 2016, and it has to be said we felt like we were celebrities with the amount of people congratulating us and shaking our hands. Preston, Doncaster, Rotherham, Birmingham, Derby, Man City fans. Really really surreal 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, Lcfcbl said:

Molineux will be cracking atmosphere been a long time since they hosted an international shame one is behind closed doors. My try and get tickets for the Hungary match.

• Like 1