Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Ridvan Yilmaz

20 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Ryan Bertrand replacement?

It'll be interesting to see if we do go out for a left back given all three of our right backs can play out there. That would suggest one is off to me.

I agree it looks that way, and with Ricardo and JJ just having signed new contracts, it won't be either of them.

I think Bertrand is surplus, really.

Makes me think if the offer is right Castagne may be sold, I want us to keep him but if there is any truth in this surely he can't just be a replacement for Bertrand.  

Would leave us with JJ, Ricky, Timmy, Luke thomas and Yilmaz, would be hard to keep them all happy. 

We need a natural left footed player, even though Castagne has played there for years and Justin can play there, we need another option there for balance.

Bertrand is a waste of a wage, has no future and no chance of playing.

Full back - Ricardo/Castagne/Justin/Thomas/New young LB

Center Back - Evans/Fofana/Soyuncu/Amartey/New young CB

• Like 1

Same number of letters in his first and second names.   R_____ _____z.

Gerrimin.   Convert him to a left footed right winger.   Get him blessed by monks.

Tick. Tick. Tick.

Premier League Champions.  He'll make us sing that.

Maybe I'm being over optimistic while enjoying a Guinness in a Somerset beer garden.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

We won't need a Bertrand replacement now we have 4 injury free first team full backs, so would be an option if one of our full backs goes in the summer. Castagne is the most likely to go as there was interest from Juventus before. 

Richardo/Justin/Castagne/Thomas.

We don't need a left full back unless Thomas or Castagne are leaving. 

I haven't seen improvement from Thomas that I expected this season. But think he's an able second choice while he develops.

Bertrand needs to leave in the summer. We don't need him (and he's shit from what I've seen)

Edited by TommyK

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

We sign a 20 y.o. and demote our own 20 y.o. . This one is completely ridiculous.

not if the 20 year old we sign, is better than the 20 year old we have. 

Who's to say we aren't looking at Selling Thomas? maybe there is interest and rodgers has decided he won't make the cut.... 

not saying i agree, but who knows!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Greg2607 said:

not if the 20 year old we sign, is better than the 20 year old we have. 

Who's to say we aren't looking at Selling Thomas? maybe there is interest and rodgers has decided he won't make the cut.... 

not saying i agree, but who knows!

You are right, who knows? Football is often totally illogical and Rodgers's has got a patchy reputation when it comes to judging players.

On 11/04/2022 at 18:09, turlo said:

We won't need a Bertrand replacement now we have 4 injury free first team full backs, so would be an option if one of our full backs goes in the summer. Castagne is the most likely to go as there was interest from Juventus before. 

....I like, Castagne and think he is a very professional player and very good defender!!!

It has been a stop start season for him and I suspect he is not guaranteed his favoured position by Rodgers and if he went, I would wish him well.  Yilmaz is a really terrific player that I can see, when going forward. Such an intelligent player when putting balls in the box, whipped in with pace bending away from the keeper, so that he has to stay on his line. The ball is mostly ground level where one touch is all you need in those instances when you are on the end of these balls. It would also suit Daka with his pace and ability to finish.

Should we pick him up, he is going to run riot on the left going forward.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Attywolf said:

They do both fill a different role. Thomas is more defensive and Yilmaz is more attacking and much more of a fast dribbler. I don't see why playing each player for a different type of team that their skill set will work best against isn't a good thing. 

Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Luke but he always looks very uncomfortable at left wing back. It'll be handy to have a different player who can fulfil that role should the need arise. Would have been useful at times this season!

12 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Absolutely. I'm a big fan of Luke but he always looks very uncomfortable at left wing back. It'll be handy to have a different player who can fulfil that role should the need arise. Would have been useful at times this season!

I know I keep saying this but Justin is so much better on the left and had a great partnership with Barnes pre injury, he's our best option there but has been stuck on the right ever since returning.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mark said:

I know I keep saying this but Justin is so much better on the left and had a great partnership with Barnes pre injury, he's our best option there but has been stuck on the right ever since returning.

Yeah, that's a very good point actually. I agree.