Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tim'llFixIt

Tin Foil Hat Conspiracy Thread

29 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Humans could have lived on mars, launched an asteroid at earth killed off the dinosaurs and took over the earth no ones none the wiser.

I’m veeeery suspicious of everyone in this thread trying to disprove the alien/monkey theories.

@Line-Xin particular seems very intent on steering us in another direction 

hmmm

Edited by marbles
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

What do you mean "what was wrong with that?"? There were people who had died from completely unrelated causes being added to the toll just because they tested positive in the 30 days prior.

there is no agreed cut-off after which COVID-19 can be excluded as a likely cause and we know that some people die from their infection many weeks later. Coronavirus can also contribute to a death without being the main or “underlying” cause.

However, it is only an approximation of the number of people who die from COVID-19 because other causes of death are included and some people who die from COVID-19 never had a positive test.

17 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I didn't say they ****ed around with monkeys. I'll dig in a bit deeper into the evolution 'theory' thanks for your input.

Just as a confirmation, as I'm sure you know.  "Theory" in the scientific sense, such as the theory of evolution and the theory of relativity, is an explanation of a phenomena proven through testing via the scientific method and is not just an idea ('theory') in someone's head like Lady Gaga having a chap.

Not exactly light reading, but Dawkins' books The Blind Watchmaker, Climbing Mount Improbable, Unweaving the Rainbow and The Selfish Gene are excellent places to start the subject.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Just as a confirmation, as I'm sure you know.  "Theory" in the scientific sense, such as the theory of evolution and the theory of relativity, is an explanation of a phenomena proven through testing via the scientific method and is not just an idea ('theory') in someone's head like Lady Gaga having a chap.

Not exactly light reading, but Dawkins' books The Blind Watchmaker, Climbing Mount Improbable, Unweaving the Rainbow and The Selfish Gene are excellent places to start the subject.

As an addendum to this, complex life has existed on earth for the equivalent of roughly 18 million human generations, and simple life over 130 million human generations.

Given most lifeforms are shorter-lived than humans and therefore replicate even faster, that's an awful lot of time for the changes detailed in evolution to occur. Not grasping the true size of that time abyss is why a lot of people tend to have a problem with the Theory, I reckon.

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

No, he really doesn't - despite it being explained on innumerable occasions.

To emphasise this, in science, a 'theory' is defined as “a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena”. But in popular vernacular it relates to an unproven assumption - or conjecture. The second of these is occasionally misapplied in cases where the former is meant, as when a particular scientific theory is derided as "just a theory" implying that it is no more than speculation or conjecture. One may certainly disagree with scientists regarding their theories, but in order to do so they need to b falsified. It is an inaccurate interpretation of language to regard their use of the word as implying a tentative hypothesis; like you say - the scientific use of 'theory' is quite different than the speculative use of the word. 

Unfortunately, it is often easier or more fun for some to believe than to actually educate themselves or learn the science. They frequently justify such laziness as "thinking outside of the box". 

3 hours ago, Line-X said:

No, he really doesn't - despite it being explained on innumerable occasions.

To emphasise this, in science, a 'theory' is defined as “a plausible or scientifically acceptable general principle or body of principles offered to explain phenomena”. But in popular vernacular it relates to an unproven assumption - or conjecture. The second of these is occasionally misapplied in cases where the former is meant, as when a particular scientific theory is derided as "just a theory" implying that it is no more than speculation or conjecture. One may certainly disagree with scientists regarding their theories, but in order to do so they need to b falsified. It is an inaccurate interpretation of language to regard their use of the word as implying a tentative hypothesis; like you say - the scientific use of 'theory' is quite different than the speculative use of the word. 

Unfortunately, it is often easier or more fun for some to believe than to actually educate themselves or learn the science. They frequently justify such laziness as "thinking outside of the box". 

Who does LOL no one has stated that.

Like I said yesterday I can comprehend the science, there is of course a 0.01% chance not everything is as we know in some cases but it's not really a massive concern too me tbh and I defiantly wouldn't label it thinking outside the box.

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Who does LOL no one has stated that.

Plenty on this forum spouting conspiratorial nonsense have claimed precisely that. Conspiracy believers consistently use the phrase, in addition to branding themselves as 'critical thinkers'. 

11 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Like I said yesterday I can comprehend the science

To remind you, this is what you said...

23 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol no i think we could have been created by an alien race or something. idk lol 

I don't see how we evolved from chimps.

1 minute ago, Line-X said:

Plenty on this forum spouting conspiratorial nonsense have claimed precisely that. Conspiracy believers consistently use the phrase, in addition to branding themselves as 'critical thinkers'. 

To remind you, this is what you said...

Yea that was the 0.01% I was talking about. 

like I said its not a great concern I wouldn't class myself as a critical thinker either I thought it was just a bit of a fun whacky thread for whacky ideas but the science committee has arrived. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

Yea that was the 0.01% I was talking about. 

like I said its not a great concern I wouldn't class myself as a critical thinker either I thought it was just a bit of a fun whacky thread for whacky ideas but the science committee has arrived. 

It isn't a great concern at all - but if you read it back, despite all your back-pedaling it comes across as your own belief. Particularly when you said that you "don't see how we have evolved from chimps". 

• 1 month later...
On 17/04/2022 at 17:30, Jaspa said:

Here's the most well put together moon landing hoax video you can practically find out there.

Another thread bump.

Someone showed me more of this last week, (possibly in an attempt to push my buttons). I knew it was farcical, but I hadn't appreciated quite how bad it actually is. It's an appalling documentary, one sided, dishonest, deceptively edited, badly researched and aims to bombard the lay audience with falsities, erroneous claims and supposition so as to bamboozle and misinform. I was astonished by the level of inaccuracy and intentional misrepresentation. Today, I clicked to a random timestamp, saw the "non-parallel shadows" picture, and immediately questioned why there's no mention of David Percy getting caught red-handed twenty years ago cropping the photograph to hide the shadows changing directions.

I then recalled that it's made by that twat Massimo Mazzucco, a professional con artist who belongs on the 'absolute c***s of our time" thread. After all, nothing says trustworthy like a man that killed people for money shilling fake medical treatments.

24 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Another thread bump.

Someone showed me more of this last week, (possibly in an attempt to push my buttons). I knew it was farcical, but I hadn't appreciated quite how bad it actually is. It's an appalling documentary, one sided, dishonest, deceptively edited, badly researched and aims to bombard the lay audience with falsities, erroneous claims and supposition so as to bamboozle and misinform. I was astonished by the level of inaccuracy and intentional misrepresentation. Today, I clicked to a random timestamp, saw the "non-parallel shadows" picture, and immediately questioned why there's no mention of David Percy getting caught red-handed twenty years ago cropping the photograph to hide the shadows changing directions.

I then recalled that it's made by that twat Massimo Mazzucco, a professional con artist who belongs on the 'absolute c***s of our time" thread. After all, nothing says trustworthy like a man that killed people for money shilling fake medical treatments.

So, you aren't convinced by that I take it. Well I've found something else well and truly out in the "think outside of the box" category.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Alex Jones - another for the complete c---s of our time thread. A man who has made millions cultivating and harvesting lies and stupidity through his infowars empire. The internet and social media then allows these morons to reinforce these beliefs, parrot misinformation and confirm their own ignorance of basic known and accepted science. Socially reaffirmed Stone Age level ignorance branded as 'free thinking'.

Infowars are now facing damages totalling almost $1billion to those affected by his lies about the Sandy Hook shooting being a hoax. The company generated an annual turnover of $50m manufacturing and marketing conspiracy theory. He now has the gall to encourage his audience to donate money to his company and buy its products to offset the damages owed - who he has routinely mocked.

Sadly, there are many aspiring Alex Joneses and there will be many more of these mountebanks and con artists to come. Hopefully this sends the message that they will be held accountable for the damage that they wreak. And I mean damage. How did we arrive in a world where temperatures in British Columbia can be nudging 50C? Where a ring of fire reduced Athens to a scene fro the apocalypse. In which Biblical scale  floods ripped apart towns in Belgium and Germany and yet still there is no international plan for how to keep the world habitable by the end of the century, and those protesting about that are labelled extremists? I highly recommend 'Hot Air' by climate scientist Peter Stott, which offers an explanation. On the one hand it details the near half a century arduous journey taken by him, his predecessors, his colleagues, peers and science, particularly through the (IPCC), to establish whether the world is genuinely warming at an exponential rate, and to determine whether the primary cause is anthropogenic. We now know that it is and we are. Pertinently, it exposes the sustained efforts of a coalition of business lobbies, politicians, maverick scientists, charlatans and contrarian internet attention-seekers to discredit and derail that enterprise – efforts that continue even today, as the world literally burns. The book shows, particularly through the farcical 'climategate'  how every expression of uncertainty would be then exploited relentlessly by merchants of doubt with no qualms whatsoever about rigour or honesty. Stott was interviewed yesterday on BBC Radio 4's 'Inside Science' - you can hear it on the podcast or catch up. 

On another note, good to see that Trump has been subpoenaed to give evidence over the Capitol riots and his role in orchestrating them. Another industrial scale liar with blood on his hands. 

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Rudkin is the secret bastard child of Barrie Pierpoint, Philip Smith, Roy Parker or Gilbert Kinch and has been undercover all this time. This was all part of the plan, to drop down a league to force us to spend more wisely and conservatively and rebuild the squad on much lower wages, making it more profitable when we go up and giving us a better chance to get back into Europe.

I'm calling this the Pierpoint Slingshot Manourvre.

Stage one of the plan is complete. Champions League here we come.

Edited by urban.spaceman