Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

UNION FS tifo support

1 hour ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats an unknown but what I would say is working with the club to get to the point of right ok crack on an make it lads has been streamlined.

If any can in here and would like to donate then please do. We make money stretch so much further than other groups. Some examples here to show this - 

So i take it Derby / Arsenal are paying a company to design and print these? Is that why the cost is so much higher? 

Still cant get over the size / work that goes into these. Incredible effort. 

3 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

So i take it Derby / Arsenal are paying a company to design and print these? Is that why the cost is so much higher? 

Yeah, if im correct they basically design it online and just place the order. No real work actually goes into it

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Derby outsource everything, to all intents and purposes they're a crowdfunder page (who decided to raise thousands for a display while their club was literally going out of business - figure that one out).

With Arsenal, I think it's just a case of being a fairly inexperienced group who are doing their own work but letting suppliers rip them off. Maybe they don't consider it a problem when they've got a fanbase that size to call upon for donations, but they really are being had for the end product.

28 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Possibly something a long those lines. Id say more than likely its some degree of not being so smart in terms of not going to the first hit on google ‘tifo materials’ and paying stupid money.

Like an example where we saved was not going through a tifo materials supplier direct for the paint used. We had found a company based in Nottingham who make a paint adhesive for cars. We tested a small amount mixed in with paint on the plastic foil to see how it would take and it worked. We then ordered more of this adeshive and mixed it ourselves. Saving were made here rather than paying through the nose on imported ‘tifo ready paint’ from Germany.

21 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Derby outsource everything, to all intents and purposes they're a crowdfunder page (who decided to raise thousands for a display while their club was literally going out of business - figure that one out).

With Arsenal, I think it's just a case of being a fairly inexperienced group who are doing their own work but letting suppliers rip them off. Maybe they don't consider it a problem when they've got a fanbase that size to call upon for donations, but they really are being had for the end product.

Thanks for the update, working in design and print i find it all very interesting in how much time and effort goes into these but fair play to you for going above and beyond and making it all work. 

If you ever need any help from a design POV let me know. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Top work again lads and ladies. One of my faves this, purely for the sh*thousery and the reaction it got.

Not meaning to go OTT but is any English club putting on better displays at the mo? I swear there was a thread of general TIFOs but couldn't find it.

2 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Top work again lads and ladies. One of my faves this, purely for the sh*thousery and the reaction it got.

Not meaning to go OTT but is any English club putting on better displays at the mo? I swear there was a thread of general TIFOs but couldn't find it.

In England? Probably not to the size when it comes hand made. Clubs like Stockport are superb for their size of the club. Palace I think lack a bit of innovation but that might be subject to the club. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

The Forest fan on strings replying to every tweet saying it’s shit is getting me so erect 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Palace did an excellent winched tifo at the start of the season but otherwise theirs are formulaic 

22 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Was saying last night, no other pair of rival fanbases go to such great lengths *together* to claim they only hate each other. As someone said to me, you'd never see Newcastle and Sunderland fans teaming up to declare how little they care about Middlesbrough. Absolute weirdos. Ah well, can only keep showing them up for what they are...

Newcastle and Sunderland do tell Middlesbrough how they don’t care, but just not anywhere near to the extent those 2 do and they don’t really team up to do it.

The trouble is they think they’re Newcastle and Sunderland to our Middlesbrough and want everyone else to think that as well, no disrespect to Middlesbrough but they are lacking in size compared to the other 2 local sides, where as we’re just not at all, we’re bigger than Derby in most measurable ways and bigger than Forest in a lot of ways too, yet they’ve convinced themselves otherwise. 

17 hours ago, Unabomber said:

I was going to post asking a question about this but didn’t know where to ask. Do forest and derby genuinely hate each other? To me it seems that they absolutely love each other. The whole rivalry seems so forced and is all about shouting how much they hate each other and don’t care about us. 

I don’t think they can say the do hate each other to be honest, it’s pretty tame rivalry that they’ve built up in their heads to be something it’s not. It’s not even got that deep a history either, only really became both sides biggest game some time after Clough, there is a forced element there especially when you consider the trophy swapping routine. It’s a rivalry that started out of love for one bloke so maybe shouldn’t be a surprise they mostly act more like friends than rivals. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Palace did an excellent winched tifo at the start of the season but otherwise theirs are formulaic 

Yeh they have the benefit of the two tiered stand as well so I do like when they have a slogan/wording across the middle of the two. 

23 minutes ago, Yes said:

Newcastle and Sunderland do tell Middlesbrough how they don’t care, but just not anywhere near to the extent those 2 do and they don’t really team up to do it.

The trouble is they think they’re Newcastle and Sunderland to our Middlesbrough and want everyone else to think that as well, no disrespect to Middlesbrough but they are lacking in size compared to the other 2 local sides, where as we’re just not at all, we’re bigger than Derby in most measurable ways and bigger than Forest in a lot of ways too, yet they’ve convinced themselves otherwise. 

I don’t think they can say the do hate each other to be honest, it’s pretty tame rivalry that they’ve built up in their heads to be something it’s not. It’s not even got that deep a history either, only really became both sides biggest game some time after Clough, there is a forced element there especially when you consider the trophy swapping routine. It’s a rivalry that started out of love for one bloke so maybe shouldn’t be a surprise they mostly act more like friends than rivals. 

The traditional rivalry was always with Leicester but the majority of their fans aren't old enough to remember, just like they aren't old enough to remember the EC wins. 

• Like 2

Forest and Derby is the most self-congratulatory rivalry in the world. It's perfectly symbiotic. Without each other their relevance comes into question, years in L1 and the Championship only fuels the delusion as 'fallen giants'.

If it was the game they cracked it up to be, it'd be so fractious given how close the two cities are and how they run into each other.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Thats an unknown but what I would say is working with the club to get to the point of right ok crack on and make it lads has been streamlined.

If any can in here and would like to donate then please do. We make money stretch so much further than other groups. Some examples here to show this - 

I can't believe the cost of these, and they are not anywhere near as good as the ones we have.

Have made a donation there now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

In England? Probably not to the size when it comes hand made. Clubs like Stockport are superb for their size of the club. Palace I think lack a bit of innovation but that might be subject to the club. 

Palace and lack of innovation goes hand in hand. Can’t expect the Nigel’s, filling out a pre populated spreadsheet at an SME on the m23 commuter belt before going home for Tuesday risotto night and mrs browns boys on Iplayer, to be innovative