Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Union FS

UNION FS tifo support

7 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Possibly something a long those lines. Id say more than likely its some degree of not being so smart in terms of not going to the first hit on google ‘tifo materials’ and paying stupid money.

Like an example where we saved was not going through a tifo materials supplier direct for the paint used. We had found a company based in Nottingham who make a paint adhesive for cars. We tested a small amount mixed in with paint on the plastic foil to see how it would take and it worked. We then ordered more of this adeshive and mixed it ourselves. Saving were made here rather than paying through the nose on imported ‘tifo ready paint’ from Germany.

Brilliant 🤣

9 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Possibly something a long those lines. Id say more than likely its some degree of not being so smart in terms of not going to the first hit on google ‘tifo materials’ and paying stupid money.

Like an example where we saved was not going through a tifo materials supplier direct for the paint used. We had found a company based in Nottingham who make a paint adhesive for cars. We tested a small amount mixed in with paint on the plastic foil to see how it would take and it worked. We then ordered more of this adeshive and mixed it ourselves. Saving were made here rather than paying through the nose on imported ‘tifo ready paint’ from Germany.

Hats off to you all for the homework put in to actually get it made not just the man hours but the research like above, I thought you’d just go and buy a load of wilko cheap emulsion and a few brushes, rollers. I never knew you applied adhesives to the paint.

Whoever came up with the idea, single or collective it was superb.

Finding a sports hall or unit big enough must present problems before you’ve even started.

20 minutes ago, promised land said:

Hats off to you all for the homework put in to actually get it made not just the man hours but the research like above, I thought you’d just go and buy a load of wilko cheap emulsion and a few brushes, rollers. I never knew you applied adhesives to the paint.

Whoever came up with the idea, single or collective it was superb.

Finding a sports hall or unit big enough must present problems before you’ve even started.

Exactly mate! Weather stopped play on one of the outside days, luckily wasn't at the painting stage then though.

Id say venue to make them is possibly the hardest thing to crack.

On 04/10/2022 at 11:51, SemperEadem said:

The reaction to this is brilliant, so so pleased.

The group will be posting its cost and a more formal explanation on how you can support more of these.

If every person in that stand taking part last night donated £1 that would see 8 tifos of that size and level of detail. 
The desire is there, the designs are there we just require support. We can make even the smallest of amounts stretch a long way.

Donations can me made via the big cartel page - https://unionfs.bigcartel.com/product/tifo-donation

BANK DETAILS

40-09-17

PAYPAL

[email protected]

Honestly it’s a shame the club don’t make a donation. I’ve seen people within the club previously mention about how they want to improve the atmosphere and a tiny donation for them but go so far for a group like Union FS.

14 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

You should start a company selling the paint you mixed, undercut the market and use the money for further tifo’s! lol 

a joke of course!

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Issue is if the club put money in then they have a stake in what the design should be. Keeping it fan funded means the fans have control of what's going on. :scarf:

Don't the club have to approve the design and words? 

Well done all…. I’ve put a few quid in through PayPal…. The payee has changed though…. It used to be someone called James before now it’s union FS…. Professionalising Union FS?!!!

i love what you do and will always lob a bit in when you ask!

Cheers

Ben

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They are all superb.

My top 3 would be:

- 'Let Slip The Dogs of War' - really unleashes the fighting spirit

- 'Blue and White - Pure Delight' - helped by the night game and the enormity of the game

- 'Football Played the Fosse Way' - nice nod to history!

All of them just exude class though. 

• Like 3

Has UFS ever considered a Tifo similar to these below? I suspect there's a bit more cost involved but they do look absolutely brilliant.

main-qimg-44314aff3f7bb82283f6cbe2af2f69

2015-0927-brondby-if-tifojpg.jpg

rocky-tifojpg.jpg

By this I mean where it's winched up as opposed to held up by fans.

Edited by AKCJ

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Has UFS ever considered a Tifo similar to these below? I suspect there's a bit more cost involved but they do look absolutely brilliant.

main-qimg-44314aff3f7bb82283f6cbe2af2f69

2015-0927-brondby-if-tifojpg.jpg

rocky-tifojpg.jpg

They all involve a winch.

So many years back we asked about doing one and were told 'the stadiums roof is not strong enough', lo and behold a few months later the club started doing their fox eyes drop banner from the roof. I mean perhaps not for me to say but im not sure the roof was ever strengthened. Called them up on the line they gave us previously and they said something a long the lines of you can but must get a ropes team in to do it for you. If this is actually what they want then its something currently the group just could not afford. I think a ropes team alone would be 4k!

Would be amazing mind, you can do so many cool designs and it does take the pressure off slightly in that you are not completely in the hands of the general public as such.

The night before the Forest one I was speaking to one of our lot who has moved over from Norway. Valerenga his team there, the ultras Ikaros have just installed an electronic pully system for these and have done some amazing stuff already.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 4