Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

2 minutes ago, Saxondale said:

How are they spending so much? I actually don’t get it.

Giving all the players ridiculously long contracts so on the books the actual cost gets spread out over a very long period

Edited by moore_94

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Giving all the players ridiculously long contracts so on the books the actual cost gets spread out over a very long period

That’s fine, but the costs still exist, regardless of what accounting trick they use. Also means they’ve effectively spent up for the next few years. It’s just madness!

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

It's such a risky strategy though, and completely unnecessary. It's not like they really struggle to retain players if they want to. They'll almost certainly end up with at least a couple of extremely expensive duds tied to incredibly long contracts. They're most likely not going to have Champions League football next year. What if they don't again the year after? They could end up in a horrific position. I'm so here for it :fc:

Edited by Mark_w
  • Like 1

Just now, 21st Century Fox said:

Apparently this is what Boehly did with the LA Dodgers and it actually paid off in terms of success. Hopefully it implodes at Chelsea though.

Difference being stockpiling players in a sport of heavy rotation like Baseball works.

Football is a constant moving beast - trying to keep that many players happy and how they fit in a non closed sport (ie the essence of the sport is fluid, it’s not a single action of ball to bat umpteen times). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 21st Century Fox said:

Apparently this is what Boehly did with the LA Dodgers and it actually paid off in terms of success. Hopefully it implodes at Chelsea though.

Todd “4-4-3” Boehly.

Yeah, he hasn’t got a clue.

Every deadline day… the window shuts at 11 deadline… although if they’ve done this and that you have till 00.00 or actually no you can have till 01.00 if you’ve also done this… cracks me up!! If it’s a deadline of 23.00 then it should be 23.00

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Difference being stockpiling players in a sport of heavy rotation like Baseball works.

Football is a constant moving beast - trying to keep that many players happy and how they fit in a non closed sport (ie the essence of the sport is fluid, it’s not a single action of ball to bat umpteen times). 

Plus MLB doesn't have any type of FFP does it? When they're unable to get rid of the one or two that inevitably flop or have long term injury problems, and they're being sanctioned the most heavily for breaching FFP, it might not feel like it was such a good strategy.

I think some of these transfer fees for players who've never played in England or a top 6 European league are ridiculous too. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I really just don't get it.

17 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Could really blow up in their faces if these players on very long contracts flop.:fc:

Edited by Sunbury Fox

3 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Plus MLB doesn't have any type of FFP does it? When they're unable to get rid of the one or two that inevitably flop or have long term injury problems, and they're being sanctioned the most heavily for breaching FFP, it might not feel like it was such a good strategy.

I think some of these transfer fees for players who've never played in England or a top 6 European league are ridiculous too. Maybe they'll prove me wrong, but I really just don't get it.

I can’t wait until it all comes crashing down. 

Embarrassing seeing Sky lap it all up.