Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcsnow

Other clubs transfer news

5 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The spending of the PL in comparison to the other leagues is staggering, I know its been bigger for a few years now but this window even more so with most of Europe seemingly tightening the purse strings during the cost of living crisis etc.

Does make you wonder how sustainable this is for some of the teams in our league. I know our TV deals make a lot of money for clubs but something just doesn't seem right with some of the spending we're seeing. Can't get my head around Chelsea either.

Its obscene really isn't it. 

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Its obscene really isn't it. 

It really is. I've grown up with the PL as I started following football in the mid-90's as a kid and I've seen it grow from strength to strength in terms of the quality of football and teams. Something about this current period feels wrong though I can't put my finger on it. When teams like Bournemouth and Wolves have got more sway over players than a lot of the European giants it feels a bit unnatural.

Will be interesting to see how it goes if/when the bubble bursts.

• Like 1

Just now, FrankieADZ said:

I'd rather he go there then any other team in the IPL, because they aren't really a proper football team like the rest in the league 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

It really is. I've grown up with the PL as I started following football in the mid-90's as a kid and I've seen it grow from strength to strength in terms of the quality of football and teams. Something about this current period feels wrong though I can't put my finger on it. When teams like Bournemouth and Wolves have got more sway over players than a lot of the European giants it feels a bit unnatural.

Will be interesting to see how it goes if/when the bubble bursts.

Yeah I thought similar.

I also hate the sister/farm club model thats ever increasing. 

29 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

The spending of the PL in comparison to the other leagues is staggering, I know its been bigger for a few years now but this window even more so with most of Europe seemingly tightening the purse strings during the cost of living crisis etc.

Does make you wonder how sustainable this is for some of the teams in our league. I know our TV deals make a lot of money for clubs but something just doesn't seem right with some of the spending we're seeing. Can't get my head around Chelsea either.

just reading the Kevin Keegan book... Liverpool signed him from Scunthorpe for $33,000 and earnt $50 a week. in 1971

As well as Chelsea, what the hell are Forest up to.

Seen that they are looking to offload summer signings such as O’Brien and Toffolo. Bare in mind these weren’t foreign signings who haven’t adapted, they knew exactly what they were. Just shows what a lack of plan they had, sign anyone and sign their replacement a few days later until they have too big of a squad and now looking to offload! 

10 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Seen that they are looking to offload summer signings such as O’Brien and Toffolo. Bare in mind these weren’t foreign signings who haven’t adapted, they knew exactly what they were. Just shows what a lack of plan they had, sign anyone and sign their replacement a few days later until they have too big of a squad and now looking to offload! 

Pure madness their last 6/7 months.

Oh my god, I would absolutely love to see them get relegated, the absolute turmoil they would be in would just be fantastic to watch.

16 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Seen that they are looking to offload summer signings such as O’Brien and Toffolo. Bear in mind these weren’t foreign signings who haven’t adapted, they knew exactly what they were. Just shows what a lack of plan they had, sign anyone and sign their replacement a few days later until they have too big of a squad and now looking to offload! 

The owners son playing real life football manager.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Saw something on Sky (I haven't verified their accuracy as they are hit and miss) yesterday saying if Chelsea sign Enzo Fernández, their season's spending on transfer fees will only be £5m less than the whole Bundesliga combined for the same period.

Utter madness and unsustainable.

9 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

lets hijack Bristol city's bid for Anis Mehmeti......

or just bid for alex scott

I’d go all out for Alex Scott, probs cost us 25-30m but take in age and potential resell value it’s worth it imo

2 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

Pure madness their last 6/7 months.

Oh my god, I would absolutely love to see them get relegated, the absolute turmoil they would be in would just be fantastic to watch.

Agreed!

Ironically the ones like I have mentioned (the signings from Huddersfield) would be the type

of signings to cover going down and being strong again. The direction they have taken generally will leave them in the shit if they go down.

1 hour ago, lcfc278 said:

Sad thing is that the FA are trying to reduce ffp in line with European clubs. Of course, the PL can reject or at least veto just how far the FA intends to go. I'm completely against it and I'm sure the PL clubs are too imo. I'm not an expert on this but I've read articles on it.