Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marbles

US Gun Violence

On 26/10/2023 at 07:42, Zear0 said:

Because those people are armed. Further proof that if we just arm everyone over the age of 3, crime would disappear overnight. Paradise. 

P.S Thoughts and prayers

Hi Mr Heston, thought you were dead.

• Haha 2

Feel like this post is a copy and paste from something I wrote when the last mass murder took place.  When I lived in Ohio, the fear of other people was what drove the gun ownership.  Despite what people post, the vast majority don't own guns to stop the King of England waltzing in, it's to protect themselves from the boogeyman.  Work colleagues would say to me "if you don't have a gun people will walk into your house, shoot you and take everythin" with complete sincerity. This was a relatively rural setting too with not a sniff of gangland vibes.

• Sad 1

46 minutes ago, Zear0 said:

Feel like this post is a copy and paste from something I wrote when the last mass murder took place.  When I lived in Ohio, the fear of other people was what drove the gun ownership.  Despite what people post, the vast majority don't own guns to stop the King of England waltzing in, it's to protect themselves from the boogeyman.  Work colleagues would say to me "if you don't have a gun people will walk into your house, shoot you and take everythin" with complete sincerity. This was a relatively rural setting too with not a sniff of gangland vibes.

This is the Republican Mantra isn't it, "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a a good guy with a gun". Democrats will counter, "the only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a congressman with a spine". 

7 hours ago, leicsmac said:

The whole mentality in some areas of the US is entirely different and alien to most people from the UK, quite frankly.

And that mentality is the issue imo.

At least that kind of thing will never happen here

IMG_3823.jpeg

5 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_3823.jpeg

If people are that thick they they think they are being invaded by Hamas because they see paragliders in Doncaster then maybe mass sterilisation should be a thing!:ph34r:.

10 hours ago, Daggers said:

IMG_3823.jpeg

Ahh come on, the poor woman was misquoted.

She actually said that she spotted 'a mass' of paragliders over our village.

Local journo misheard her and saw an opportunity for national coverage.

Edited by Free Falling Foxes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-67539809

The families of three Palestinian students shot on Saturday in the US state of Vermont have urged police to investigate the attack as a hate crime.

Hisham Awartani, Tahseen Ahmed and Kinnan Abdalhamid were confronted and shot by a man near University of Vermont Campus, Burlington police said.

Officers are investigating a possible motive, but say the victims were wearing keffiyeh - a traditional scarf - and speaking Arabic when attacked.

A suspect has been arrested.

Burlington police have named the suspect as Jason J Eaton, aged 48, reports CBS News, the BBC's media partner in the US.

Local police chief Jon Mura earlier said two victims were in a stable condition; the third has suffered much more serious injuries.

I would say the "motive" is pretty clear tbh.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Sly said:

It’s crazy to think they allow this to continue. 

How can they call themselves the most forward thinking state in the world, the. Continually turn a blind eye to mass shootings. 

I'm sick of the double standards and hypocrisy of a so called democratic country, the so called leader of the free world that tries to cut women's rights with regards to abortions yet refuses to have any sort of gun controls which could save lives. They bring these massacres on themselves because they view their right to bear arms is more important than human life. Its absolutely pathetic.

1 hour ago, Sly said:

It’s crazy to think they allow this to continue. 

How can they call themselves the most forward thinking state in the world, the. Continually turn a blind eye to mass shootings. 

...Bro, it's never the time to talk about gun control, people have been injured etc....

Rinse, repeat until next shooting.