Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
marbles

US Gun Violence

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We are back in style today!

At least 16 feared dead in mass shootings in US city of Lewiston, Maine - BBC News

Police named Robert Card, 40, as a person of interest and said he should be considered "armed and dangerous".

No shit.

Apparently a firearms instructor with severe mental health issues who had threatened to shoot up many places before. A firearms instructor with severe mental health issues. God bless America. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

We are back in style today!

At least 16 feared dead in mass shootings in US city of Lewiston, Maine - BBC News

Police named Robert Card, 40, as a person of interest and said he should be considered "armed and dangerous".

No shit.

If Americans are going to continue to go on the rampage and slaughter, why can't they do it at the NRA headquarters or the Republican party headquarters. At least give the people who advocate free use of guns the chance to be slaughtered. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, foxy boxing said:

If Americans are going to continue to go on the rampage and slaughter, why can't they do it at the NRA headquarters or the Republican party headquarters. At least give the people who advocate free use of guns the chance to be slaughtered. 

Because those people are armed. Further proof that if we just arm everyone over the age of 3, crime would disappear overnight. Paradise. 

P.S Thoughts and prayers

Edited by Zear0
  • Haha 1

I live not too far from Lewiston and this news is very upsetting. All of the schools have closed near us and I shan't be going to work until this nutter is dead. 

It was probably only a matter of time before something like this happened here in Maine but it is still quite shocking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

From USA Today website 20/10/23:

"WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court on Friday sided with the Biden administration in its fight with Missouri over the state’s controversial "Second Amendment Preservation Act,” upholding a ruling that put on hold the state's ban on federal gun laws.

The law, signed by Republican Gov. Mike Parson in 2021, subjects police who attempt to enforce federal gun laws to lawsuits and $50,000 civil penalties. Conservative officials in the state celebrated its passage, arguing it established Missouri as a state with some of the most permissive gun laws in the nation.  

Without comment Friday, the Supreme Court upheld a lower court ruling that had blocked the law, meaning it cannot be enforced while the litigation continues in lower courts. Justice Clarence Thomas said he would have granted the state's request for a stay".

7 hours ago, Jattdogg said:

Come on guys,  now is not the time to talk about gun control.

Rinse, repeat,  more die.

What a tragic, senseless waste of life yet again.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

It is EXACTLY  the time to talk about it. 

I think there's an element of sarcasm it @Jattdogg's post.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

They’ll never change it though. 

The first sign of solving anything is admitting you have a problem. They can’t even do that. 

A statistically significant proportion of them see the situation and simply don't view it as a problem. To them these deaths are an acceptable cost for some nebulous concept of "freedom".

• Like 2

Just now, leicsmac said:

A statistically significant proportion of them see the situation and simply don't view it as a problem. To them these deaths are an acceptable cost for some nebulous concept of "freedom".

I know, totally bizarre

• Like 1

When 20 kids were killed at Sandy Hook and nothing changed, that's when the world realised nothing ever will and you just wait for the next massacre.

It's a domestic war economy. The arms industry floods the US with all manner of lethal weapons, pays out millions to mostly Republican politicians, and in the case of the NRA, has sponsored an amendment banning. In return, Republican Party accelerates gun culture, using violence as a form of political opportunism.

Violence is deeply ingrained in American culture. The market-driven values of “freedom” and notion that individual liberty is synonymous with unfettered gun rights.

That's captitalism, folks.

• Like 2

so I’m posting so you know what some Americans  are saying Here in North Carolina.  I’m not saying I agree with them, I’m just posting what they are saying.

For the record, I own a hunting rifle  and a shotgun for home defense. I do not own a handgun and I do not   Own a semi automatic anything let alone an AR.. My hunting rifle can hold four bullets and it has to be reloaded after every shot.

Unfortunately I have seen many posts on social media about the Hamas attacks and using those as reason why they will never give up their semi Automatic rifles. Many posts are saying the same thing-  they got them so that the ‘people’ could never be  coercively controlled by  the government again. And now they are justifying never giving their ARs up so that someone like Hamas could never go on a rampage in America ever. I have asked several people who would do that and most of them cite the proximity of Russia  to the Alaskan border ( 55 miles at its closest point)

and yes, I know I know..

Again, I’m only posting what people are saying.

please don’t beat me up, everyone! lol

Edited by MPH

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

Unfortunately I have seen many posts on social media about the Hamas attacks and using those as reason why they will never give up their semi Automatic rifles. Many posts are saying the same thing-  they got them so that the ‘people’ could never be  coercively controlled by  the government again

They've been parrotting the same shit forever. They will continue to do so. The constitution is no longer fit for purpose yet is treated as religious doctrine. 

The result of unbridled individualism, and a culture of terror and fear.