Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Development/Youth Squads 2022/2023 Thread - U18/U21

38 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn't say it's insane when our position wasn't decided until the last day. They still got their minutes in the FA Cup vs Watford and Brunt (I know, not a teenager) got his chance against Spurs from the bench. 

Insane that we would rather have 2 goalkeepers on the bench and no youth players. We also had games that were wrapped up with 20 minutes to go where they could have come on to see how they integrate with the first team.

The youth players always look better when they are playing with a full first team rather than a scratch team of players as it was in the cup game.

10 minutes ago, kenny said:

Insane that we would rather have 2 goalkeepers on the bench and no youth players. We also had games that were wrapped up with 20 minutes to go where they could have come on to see how they integrate with the first team.

The youth players always look better when they are playing with a full first team rather than a scratch team of players as it was in the cup game.

Any examples of us doing that in a league game? 

I know UEFA competitions, I believe its required / symptom of taking three keepers as part of travelling party. 

Couldn't understand when we played Norwich 3 up with lots of time on that youngsters or even Soumare were not given minutes. 

I hope Alves won’t be playing in a deeper role like the end of last season. It’s a good idea to play him there as it helps his development (especially his physicality/defensive workrate), but a talent like him just needs to be let loose. 

Imagine if we tried to change Mahrez’s game by playing him in a different position to improve his weaknesses off the ball.

We just need to let Alves express himself further up the pitch imo. He’s had a good learning experience playing next to Braybrooke, but hopefully we don’t keep him in that position.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Any examples of us doing that in a league game? 

I know UEFA competitions, I believe its required / symptom of taking three keepers as part of travelling party. 

Couldn't understand when we played Norwich 3 up with lots of time on that youngsters or even Soumare were not given minutes. 

I always thought it was a stipulation to name 2 keepers on the bench in Europe and if you didn't then you couldn't name 12 subs, but then both Leicester and Roma only named 1 sub on the bench in one of the legs of the semi final and both had the full 12 subs.

5 minutes ago, Shane said:

I hope Alves won’t be playing in a deeper role like the end of last season. It’s a good idea to play him there as it helps his development (especially his physicality/defensive workrate), but a talent like him just needs to be let loose. 

Imagine if we tried to change Mahrez’s game by playing him in a different position to improve his weaknesses off the ball.

We just need to let Alves express himself further up the pitch imo. He’s had a good learning experience playing next to Braybrooke, but hopefully we don’t keep him in that position.

He'll play wing back next.

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Wouldn't say it's insane when our position wasn't decided until the last day. They still got their minutes in the FA Cup vs Watford and Brunt (I know, not a teenager) got his chance against Spurs from the bench. 

We won the Norwich, Watford and Southampton games by an aggregate of 12-2, we could have given WMM, Braybrooke or Alves 15 minutes here or there.

• Like 3

Can you use iFollow to watch Oxford Utd games? The website for it seems unclear. I can’t work out if it’s asking me to register to watch it or just to “see exclusive behind the scenes footage” and a newsletter.

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Can you use iFollow to watch Oxford Utd games? The website for it seems unclear. I can’t work out if it’s asking me to register to watch it or just to “see exclusive behind the scenes footage” and a newsletter.

Yeah you can but to watch matches you have to pay - I think it is something like £10 a game or you can probably get like a “season pass” thing

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

Better for him to be playing every week in League 1 than trying to break into a side in the Championship. Hopefully, we have an understanding with Oxford that they need him, and aren't just filling squad spots.

It's also a good sign if we are arranging loan deals this early; it means we have been working on them for a bit, and trying to find good fits. Although it might mean more work for @moore_94!

Yes I agree, wherever he goes he's got to play as its no use otherwise. I personally think he's already good enough for the Championship and we'll see that by the rave reviews he'll get in League One and hopefully he won't need another season on loan in the Championship and can be a 1st team player for us.

Star in the making.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Wright is going to impress this pre-season but the dilemma will be he'd have to take a spot in the 25 man squad which can't see that being easy.

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him there we might need him for our quota 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bert said:

Wouldn’t be surprised to see him there we might need him for our quota 

The quota is all but irrelevant to us in the Premier League - we only need 8 home-grown association-trained players, and Vardy/Barnes/Maddison/Albrighton/KDH/Justin/Evans are all nailed on to stay, plus take your pick from Schmeichel/Ward/Bertrand/Lookman/Iheanacho/Choudhury/Iversen etc.

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I think Wright is going to impress this pre-season but the dilemma will be he'd have to take a spot in the 25 man squad which can't see that being easy.

Wonder if Luton would take him for a season? 

Please the club have confirmed he’s been retained, would hope we could get him on a new deal and send him on loan to the championship for a season as he continues to step up each level.

Or do you think he’s good enough to act as Maddison’s understudy already? 

• Like 1