Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Nelson

Will be an interesting dynamic between the board and Rodgers if we start losing our most talented, highly thought of academy players due to frustration of perceived lack of opportunities. What was the point of naming Soyuncu on the bench for the games against Norwich and Saints when both offered opportunity to give players like Nelson a 20 minute cameo. 

• Like 4

Some players patience levels don't meet the clubs ethos. Ben Nelson is city through and though, but has he had anything to do with pushing these rumours via his agent? 

48 minutes ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Will be an interesting dynamic between the board and Rodgers if we start losing our most talented, highly thought of academy players due to frustration of perceived lack of opportunities. What was the point of naming Soyuncu on the bench for the games against Norwich and Saints when both offered opportunity to give players like Nelson a 20 minute cameo. 

We just signed Nelson to a new deal, and the kid's 18. He's not going anywhere. He understands why he hasn't made his debut yet. If he doesn't go on loan (seems like people are reluctant to take them this young), I wouldn't be surprised to see him make an appearance in the League Cup (maybe even before a loan, depending upon who we draw in the second round, which happens before the window closes).

This is just an agent bigging up his client: He signed his new deal when he was 17, and now that he had his 18th birthday, the club probably wants to tie him down for five years, and his representation wants the best deal he can get.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Fox on the Rox said:

Don't believe everything you read on the Internet. Just sayin'... 

fair enough. I’ll rephrase… First Access Sports, who allegedly employ Anton Rodger’s and Ryan Bertrand’s brother.

19 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Relax. We’ve just seen him being KDH through and smashed it. The opportunity will come and Brendan will provide it.

The club has done well with graduates in recent years. Chilwell, Barnes, hamza, KDH, Schlupp, Moore to name a few all Done well. 

Edited by TJB-fox

9 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Relax. We’ve just seen him being KDH through and smashed it. The opportunity will come and Brendan will provide it.

The club has done well with graduates in recent years. Chilwell, Barnes, hamza, KDH, Schlupp, Moore to name a few all Done well.

how can you put Moore and Schlupp in the same sentence as KDH and Barnes and keep a Straight face lol 

12 minutes ago, MPH said:

how can you put Moore and Schlupp in the same sentence as KDH and Barnes and keep a Straight face lol 

8 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I would probably agree with Moore but I would say Schlupp is reasonable to put in

24 appearances in the title win

£12m for his move to Palace

145 more Prem appearances since then

A graduate who is a Prem regular

Liam Moore has had a good career played at a good standard you can’t tell me otherwise. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Liam Moore has had a good career played at a good standard you can’t tell me otherwise. 

He has but I mean it by he has not quite had the same level as the others in that list have had / will have (maybe Hamza depending on what happens with him in the future)

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

A graduate who is a Prem regular

hmm. I suppose he is. Started about 20 games this season Which is less than half and started even less last season.

4 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

spent most of his career in the championship. I just don’t put him in the same bracket as Barnes or KDH.

18 minutes ago, MPH said:

hmm. I suppose he is. Started about 20 games this season Which is less than half and started even less last season.

you might want to check your maths

53 minutes ago, MPH said:

spent most of his career in the championship. I just don’t put him in the same bracket as Barnes or KDH.

he’s not in the same bracket but neither were we when we brought him through. A championship player for a championship club, still a decent success in my books. 

He had a big hand in our promotion. 

1 hour ago, MPH said:

I’m not comparing him to them I’m saying it’s a success story of our academy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

I’m not comparing him to them I’m saying it’s a success story of our academy.

I guess it all depends on what you define as a success. 

Edited by MPH