Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ben Nelson

11 hours ago, MPH said:

how can you put Moore and Schlupp in the same sentence as KDH and Barnes and keep a Straight face lol 

This the same Jeff Schlupp that’s achieved more than any of the others stated In the game? 

Edited by Bert
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bert said:

This the same Jeff Schlupp that’s achieved more than any of the others stated In the game? 

Achieved more than any of the others? He’s 30 this year.  He was hardly instrumental to our success that year… I don’t think he’s really someone that anyone will look back on and think  the premier league win was down to him or anything. Played about 20 games that season I think. Most as sub, I think

Edited by MPH

8 minutes ago, MPH said:

see edit 

I’ve seen it. Not exactly sure what his age has to do with it? Regardless of how many times he played or how he played he was still a big part of the squad, he won two player awards the season we’ve stayed up (one being the players player, so I’ll take their opinion on him over yours) he’s then played champions league (the same year that Barnes made his debut) with us and then continued to play top flight football. I love Dewsbury Hall but he’s had half a season at this level. Barnes of course is a great talent but also very hit and miss. So yep, Schlupp has achieved more than any of them mentioned. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

I’ve seen it. Not exactly sure what his age has to do with it? Regardless of how many times he played or how he played he was still a big part of the squad, he won two player awards the season we’ve stayed up (one being the players player, so I’ll take their opinion on him over yours) he’s then played champions league (the same year that Barnes made his debut) with us and then continued to play top flight football. I love Dewsbury Hall but he’s had half a season at this level. Barnes of course is a great talent but also very hit and miss. So yep, Schlupp has achieved more than any of them mentioned. 

because he’s had more time to ‘ achieve’ things?

both KDH and Barnes have already won the FA cup at their tender age, don’t forget.

21 minutes ago, MPH said:

because he’s had more time to ‘ achieve’ things?

both KDH and Barnes have already won the FA cup at their tender age, don’t forget.

KDH has not won the FA Cup. I'm not really sure what your trying to achieve with arguing Moore and Schlupp weren't a success. They both played huge parts in the first team at different times which is about as much as you can hope for from academy prospects. They have certainly both played bigger roles for the club that KDH has currently. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

KDH has not won the FA Cup. I'm not really sure what your trying to achieve with arguing Moore and Schlupp weren't a success. They both played huge parts in the first team at different times which is about as much as you can hope for from academy prospects. They have certainly both played bigger roles for the club that KDH has currently. 

My Bad on the KDH part  and I don’t think Barnes played either come to think about it..

as for the highlighted part, just having an opinion, you know? On a message board. Not trying to achieve anything..

Edited by MPH

Schlupp also won young player of the season both 2014/15 & 15/16, and player's player 14/15. He did very well in his time here, Bert hasn't said anything incorrectly. It's a silly argument anyway to be fair.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Schlupp also won young player of the season both 2014/15 & 15/16, and player's player 14/15. He did very well in his time here, Bert hasn't said anything incorrectly. It's a silly argument anyway to be fair.

I have a jersey with his name on it.

Used to love watching him play. I agree he has gone on to have a fine career in the PL

Schlupp was a vital cog in the title machine,  Claudio used him (and Gray, to an extent)) expertly to take advantage of tired legs.  I used to love seeing Schlupp come on in about the 80th minute and look like Usain Bolt flying past opposing fullbacks or just overpowering them.

• Like 4

And back to Ben Nelson, any thoughts on his supposed links to Manchester United and Newcastle now as well as Manchester City, are they just after a home grown player to make their numbers up or is he really that promising? How long left on his contract, are we likely to lose him? Has Rodgers missed a trick by just sticking him on the bench and not affording him some action and encouragement, Norwich, Watford and Southampton for a few minutes springs to mind. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Schlupp was a vital cog in the title machine,  Claudio used him (and Gray, to an extent)) expertly to take advantage of tired legs.  I used to love seeing Schlupp come on in about the 80th minute and look like Usain Bolt flying past opposing fullbacks or just overpowering them.

Won us the penalty in the last minute vs West Ham and was excellent in the 4-0 win vs Swansea where we could have imploded.

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Won us the penalty in the last minute vs West Ham and was excellent in the 4-0 win vs Swansea where we could have imploded.

Yup and yup.  What I remember about that pen though is that it was a very soft one, but came a few minutes after Huth was absolutely mugged in the box on a corner for an obvious pen that wasn’t given.

Edited by Deeg67

27 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yup and yup.  What I remember about that pen though is that it was a very soft one, but came a few minutes after Huth was absolutely mugged in the box on a corner for an obvious pen that wasn’t given.

Correct, was an absolute disgrace hahahaaa

10 hours ago, MPH said:

My Bad on the KDH part  and I don’t think Barnes played either come to think about it..

as for the highlighted part, just having an opinion, you know? On a message board. Not trying to achieve anything..

Be careful with that one, mark will have you nailed to the wall. 

Edited by SheppyFox

4 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

He and a bunch of others signed deals in February (https://www.lcfc.com/news/2497828/leicester-city-academy-stars-sign-professional-contracts).He was 17 at the time, so limited to a three-year contract. Now that he is 18, he can sign a five-year deal (which the club will want him to do). Unless the Manchester clubs are going to pay absolute silly money for an 18-year-old without a first team minute, there is no worry about him leaving this summer. This is pure agent pressure for a good five-year deal. 

That's good to hear. Some of our players, including KDH seemed quite far down the line before being sent out on loan and I wonder if there'll be any mileage in that. I suppose in fairness, you have to trust his future to the staff that see and deal with him every day. 

5 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

That's good to hear. Some of our players, including KDH seemed quite far down the line before being sent out on loan and I wonder if there'll be any mileage in that. I suppose in fairness, you have to trust his future to the staff that see and deal with him every day. 

There seems to be an absolute revolution in dealing with the academy. I am excited by what the next two years will bring, including with what happens with Nelson. 

• Like 2