Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Since I can remember, back to the 50s...

Leicester & those 3 clubs + Maybe Chelsea, our fans had a decent relationship,even after Spurs beat us in the FA.cup final to win the double..

We & Birmingham were considered Bogy teams, for L'pool,though they Beat both of us more times, than not, League or FA.cup.

 

Since the Late 60s, I have friends from WBA,Arsenal, & all the above mentioned clubs & this question often comes up.

Why/where did it drift & turn & become over all forums into the Toxic und cynical relationship..

Even across the odd Early 70s After match rumbles, a certain respect, and hate/Dislike for other clubs were mutual...

 

# Is it felt across the terraces or just forums..?

# Any Singular reasons?

# Is it Individual/group Accumalation where witty but hard banter is now , where built up bad Experiences & cynical hate..have ran riot..?

 

I / we dont get it, or understand Why the Major swing...:dunno:

 

I mean I historically I hated Forest & Arsenal, until Cloughie & Wenger got respectively involved...but even then wouldnt grind on about it. 

In fact over the years lost interest in having a moan about the bone, I burried it ,then lost it yonks ago...

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1
Posted (edited)

Social media and a product of playing them twice a season for many years now. I reckon Liverpool is more down to the chants in recent years, Spurs driven by 15/16 (not that I really care). West Ham will just be because they are probably in a similar position to us in terms of challenging for Europe, but I really don’t feel any hatred towards them or their fan base. If anything, I was happy to see them do well this season.

Edited by Matt_Lcfc
  • Like 2
Posted

The Liverpool one is just social media really. They attribute all our fans to being tories due to a few chants from a minority and a small volume of social media posts.

  • Like 1
Posted

The Liverpool one for me is down to being told how great they are my entire life for stuff they did in the 80's. Istanbul aside they were pretty crap my whole life. (Until recently ofc) but the media drive for them and the idiots I had to endure at school bleating on about things they weren't alive to see. Giving me shite for supporting my local team and the fact that every Liverpool fan in general seems to have the absolute largest chip on their shoulder about anything and everything. They can **** off. 

  • Like 3
Posted
8 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Chelsea have never been friendly with us on and off the pitch.

 

Seem to recall they were singing our name when Hazard equalized v Spurs? Then the guard of honor for us in final game...

 

I know we had some tears ups with them in the 80's but feels to me like it's mellowed a bit with us and Chelsea these days.

Posted

A lot of people on the internet like to base their whole personality on what football team they support. 

 

I guarantee most of them are not quite as edgy or interesting in real life, and many of them are sadly vapid or just a bit thick. 

  • Like 2
Posted

I went to a Chelsea game with friends when they won the league at Bolton in 2005 and I was taken aback by them singing a song that specifically mention us. I don't remember how it went only that the verse finishes with ".... AND LEICESTER". 

 

I asked about what it meant but don't remember too much about the explanation. Something to do with the casuals fighting our fans and were set upon by the police or something along those lines but can't validate the truth of that. 

Posted
3 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I went to a Chelsea game with friends when they won the league at Bolton in 2005 and I was taken aback by them singing a song that specifically mention us. I don't remember how it went only that the verse finishes with ".... AND LEICESTER". 

 

I asked about what it meant but don't remember too much about the explanation. Something to do with the casuals fighting our fans and were set upon by the police or something along those lines but can't validate the truth of that. 

I done a bit of digging and the song is called "we all follow chelsea". I found a forum discussing the inclusion of us in that song but noone seems to know why. 

Posted
6 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I done a bit of digging and the song is called "we all follow chelsea". I found a forum discussing the inclusion of us in that song but noone seems to know why. 

https://www.fanchants.com/football-songs/chelsea-chants/we-all-follow-the-chelsea/

 

Some theories in here..

 

https://www.theshedend.com/topic/13917-we-all-follow-the-chelseawhy-leicester/

  • Like 1
Posted

I inevitably hate our fans more than I hate Liverpool fans whenever we play each other or there’s some argument.

  • Like 1
Posted

Liverpool fans hate us because we turn out at Anfield every year and reel off the same boring outdated songs about feeding the scousers. Some in our fanbase absolutely revel in it but as many have mentioned, social media amplifies things a lot too. 

  • Like 2
Posted

When I started going in the 60s there was no segregation and fans would even applaud a great bit of football from the opposition.

 

I remember standing in the Popular Side (East) and being mixed in with Liverpool fans there was great 'banter' and trying to out sing each other there was genuine rivalry but absolutely no animosity. Even used to go in there with girlfriend

 

But society has changed for many with it becoming less polite, more aggressive and more of an I'm all right jack attitude I think this is reflected in sport where money is king and has such a massive affect on the success of teams so the tribalism has got more intense and angry.

 

Having said that I think it's a minority and as seems to happen especially with the internet minorities can have a massive impact on the way life appears to be headed.

 

  • Like 3
Posted
10 minutes ago, Dames said:

Liverpool fans hate us because we turn out at Anfield every year and reel off the same boring outdated songs about feeding the scousers.

 

But doesn't every other bang average, run of the mill fanbase do it to them as well? I really doubt we're anything special.

 

I assume almost every club in the country has gone to Brighton and sung about holding hands, the same lot that come here every year and sing 'where were you when you were shit' and other such predictable muck.

 

Football fans are, with very few exceptions, almost universally predictable and unfunny with some of the absolute worst banter going.

Posted
39 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

Why? 

Because of the feed the scousers, god save the queen, lazy stereotype based ‘jokes’ and general bullshit that an awful lot of Leicester fans bring to encounters with Liverpool.

  • Like 3
Posted
46 minutes ago, Dames said:

Liverpool fans hate us because we turn out at Anfield every year and reel off the same boring outdated songs about feeding the scousers. Some in our fanbase absolutely revel in it but as many have mentioned, social media amplifies things a lot too. 

Yeah correct. 
It went up at notch after the Everton cup game (Singing one Boris Johnson etc) and the one game where phones in L1 were showing the logo of The Sun.

There was never that strong swell of feeling on our side prior to those games in my experience. Guess those games play into the twitter/politics stuff.

  • Like 2
Guest Bilo
Posted

Liverpool don't bother me too much to be honest. They're an exceptionally good side whose fans are nowhere near as intolerable in person as the virgins from Hemel Hempstead with Van Dijk profile pics on Twitter calling everyone else tinpot. Knowledgeable lot who dislike us a bit for the Feed the Scousers stuff, but that's it.

 

West Ham are just a bit Brexity in my experience, just not in the EDL sense as seen with a lot of Chelsea fans. Working-class fanbase who don't seem that bothered with us; on the whole, they were among the majority of neutrals cheering us on to the Premier League title, even if it was only because we'd put Spurs' noses out of joint in doing so.

 

Spurs are growing less bitter about 2016 with each passing year. They've an excellent side, one of the best stadia in Europe and will break their trophy duck sooner or later. In comparison to Arsenal fans, who are among the most arrogant fans you'll see, they're more or less tolerable. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...