Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Do You Like Your First Name? What Would You Choose For Yourself?

8 hours ago, Parafox said:

We know a couple that have named their son Atticus. Can't really be shortened to anything else. Maybe Attic. I dread to think of his school years.

I know a guy who I met at the hospital I work in called Valotical Logan. If that’s not the baddest super Hero name ever, then I don’t know what is..

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, davieG said:

11 hours ago, davieG said:

I also have a single syllable surname so I hate the whole combination. Boring. common, unimaginative.

5 hours ago, Rain King said:

One syllable, matched with a surname of one syllable. Just dull. The alternative was apparently Greg though so small mercies.

Same here.

Remember at school, the name column in the school register used to be taken up completely with other kids names. Mine barely made it half way.

5 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

I'm a Paul and never really had a problem with it. At primary school, there were 5 of us Pauls around my age, so that could get a bit irritating. Otherwise, I'm content without getting excited about it. 

I reckon 99% of Pauls were born between 1950 and 1970. Don't think I've ever met a Paul more than 10 years younger than me....though Paul Konchesky qualifies.

If I'd been a girl, I was due to be named Katya - at a time when that would have been merely pretentious and not cool and exotic.

I heard the whispered plans through the wall of my mother's womb and grew a penis there and then.

There were a lot of Pauls and Darren's when I was at school. Must have been the male equivalents of Sharon and Tracey. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

I'll always be the shortened version of mine due to my missus having a dickhead uncle with the same name as me. It's fine as it's how most people know me anyway.

Dont worry voluptuous, it’s ok.

Everyone else in class was named after a 15th century religious person. I’ve always been happy with Dave as it was different, albeit not so much when I left school. But just to prove I could be a bigger tool than my parents, I burdened my children with poncy Victorian labels.