Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Parafox

Do You Like Your First Name? What Would You Choose For Yourself?

Been thinking about this a lot recently, it's not that rare but quite different and annoys me greatly at times, and can't really be shortened to anything else. Might drop it one day and take on my middle name James as a tribute to my grandad.

James Spaceman has quite the ring to it.

I've had friends that have changed their name to something they like or to something that suits them but personally. can't see myself being called anything other than my birth name. I was named after my uncle,. I don't kno2 if I like it or not its just me.

No I fackin hate it. 

People seem so surprised when they find out my real name, and even more surprised that I don’t have people call me the more popular shortened alternative of my original name. 

2 hours ago, Parafox said:

Mine is Nicholas. I hate it. I'd rather be a Jack or Ben.

I'd just like a "cool" name,

My parents thought of & Chose my name.....Thats Good enough for me.

Children and Teenagers on all names, can be cruel/sarki,/point Scoring little shits....Builds up character , no problems..!!

I can Think of more names ,I would of Really disliked...We in English tend to also have 2nd/ 3rd/ names,so One can also fall back in One of those..

A couple of ex-girlfriend did exactly that...:dunno:...I

whatever Rocks your boat....