Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Castagne

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

But it's the premise that is worrying. Like Tanner said we can't shift the players that we want to, so we may have to think about shifting those we don't want to, to make room for the players we need. 

He didn't say we can't shift them, he said there are interested parties but no takers so far. Which I read as 'no takers for the money we want so far'.

I'd be worried if the other clubs were flogging players with ease, but...

West Ham haven't generated a single pound in sales (while spending 50 million - if I'm honest us doing that would worry me more) 

A nice chunk of change, but Everton have sold one more player than us

Southampton - zero pounds

Brighton - one sale for 26 million

Crystal Palace - not a sausage

Brentford - in America I think they call them 'links'

Newcastle - no black pudding

Arsenal - two whole players for whom they have been in receipt of moolah, for a season altering total of 13 million

Leeds - have gone ****ing mental ngl

Perhaps as well as an internal domino effect building there's an inter-club one, whereby one or two sales opens a mini-floodgate. Or you could worry.

Edited by turtmcfly
added arsehole

8 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

I imagine Rob wouldn't write something unless he had a fairly good idea of what's happening.

I could imagine that, but given he's paid to do it, I imagine he would. Imagining the latter has the benefit of not being worrying.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aus Fox said:

Personally, I wouldn’t let him go. One of my favourite players, who not only defends well but can create going forwards.

On the flip side, we do need something to happen on the departures side of things to kick start the arrivals and we do have Thomas, Ricardo and Justin.

For me, I’d keep unless a huge offer came in for him.

F95437C3-73F2-42B6-8E54-6644AD200FF9.jpeg

There is no suggestion here that we have any intention of selling him. This is just Tanner trying to drum up more clicks

The worry for me if we were to go down this route of selling player(s) we'd rather keep in order to fund new signings would be the fact that, based on our recent  experiences, we couldn't be confident that anyone we signed would turn out to be any better than the players we're currently trying to sell.

Both Timmy and Ricardo have had bad injuries, So honestly I'm not surprised that either one could be sold if the price is right.

They're both good players. How long do we wait for Ricardo to get back to his best. Or Timmy to clash heads or pulls out of challenges.

From a purely Football sense I'd keep them because they are goos players, but this is also a business also and from a business view it makes

better sense to sell, Especially if we can also make a profit on them.

Especially if we have identified young talented players with big upside like Colwill to improve the squad.

Edited by Clever Fox
Spelling typo

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Both Timmy and Ricardo have had bad injuries, So honestly I'm not surprised that either one could be sold if the price is right.

They're both good players. How long so we wait for Ricardo to get back to his best. Or Timmy to clash heads or pulls out of challenges.

From a purely Football sense I'd keep them because they are goos players, but this is also a business also and from a business view it makes

better sense to sell, Especially if we can also make a profit on them.

Especially if we have identified young talented players with big upside like Colwill to improve the squad.

...I do think that Ricardo signing a new contract confirmed that he was staying here and cemented the RB position!!!

Castagne leaving would not be a surprise, he has been shunted around in different positions and has aided the team admirably, but it is not what he came here for. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, turtmcfly said:

He didn't say we can't shift them, he said there are interested parties but no takers so far. Which I read as 'no takers for the money we want so far'.

I'd be worried if the other clubs were flogging players with ease, but...

West Ham haven't generated a single pound in sales (while spending 50 million - if I'm honest us doing that would worry me more) 

A nice chunk of change, but Everton have sold one more player than us

Southampton - zero pounds

Brighton - one sale for 26 million

Crystal Palace - not a sausage

Brentford - in America I think they call them 'links'

Newcastle - no black pudding

Arsenal - two whole players for whom they have been in receipt of moolah, for a season altering total of 13 million

Leeds - have gone ****ing mental ngl

Perhaps as well as an internal domino effect building there's an intra-club one, whereby one or two sales opens a mini-floodgate. Or you could worry.

Leeds lost their two best players though. They've weakend significantly 

• Like 1

It's clear to see the club are maxed out. Unfortunately now unless this crop can produce European football I fear we are heading down the curve and on a slippery slope. We have the players to produce but such a shame that 2-3 proper quality additions could give us that much more. 

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I do think that Ricardo signing a new contract confirmed that he was staying here and cemented the RB position!!!

Castagne leaving would not be a surprise, he has been shunted around in different positions and has aided the team admirably, but it is not what he came here for. 

I totally agree. It's clear that with a full preseason Brendan believes he can recapture his best form.

Timmy is the more likely to leave especially when we have Justin and Thomas to fill in at LB and Justin can also cover for Ricardo at RB.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Leeds lost their two best players though. They've weakend significantly 

'Gone mental' wasn't my way of saying I was impressed! But still, Leed's business is not a reason to worry about our lack of it.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Castagne leaving would mean Bertrand jumps up to fourth choice full-back, on that note, don’t sell.

1 minute ago, Sublime_Coatsworth said:

Such a dumb idea if true. Come midseason and a few injuries I can just hear Brendan bemoaning the lack of depth in the squad

20 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I totally agree. It's clear that with a full preseason Brendan believes he can recapture his best form.

Timmy is the more likely to leave especially when we have Justin and Thomas to fill in at LB and Justin can also cover for Ricardo at RB.

Where does it say he's leaving, or even up for sale! Jeeezzz, I know it's quiet, and we're all bored with this transfer window so far, but do we really need to make up our own narrative. He's going no where.

20 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Castagne leaving would mean Bertrand jumps up to fourth choice full-back, on that note, don’t sell.

...I would think the likelihood of him being brought back into the team are very very small!!

Covid has taken its toll, at his age, it is unlikely for him to get back to Premiership standard.

Could explain why we have been linked to Yilmaz, Zalewski, and Truffert this summer if Castagne is one we have considered letting go

Although they are all left backs, I would want us to get a young right back if Castagne left

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

Just now, moore_94 said:

Could explain why we have been linked to Yilmaz, Zalewski, and Truffert this summer

Although they are all left backs, I would want us to get a young right back if Castagne left

Shame Calvin Ramsay already moved.

• Like 2

Wonder if the Youri situation is decided, and as we need to raise funds, the most saleable asset is Timmy

Don't want him to go  :(

• Like 1
  • Sad 1