Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Castagne

On 04/08/2022 at 11:30, moore_94 said:

Yeah ideally we wouldn't sell him at all

But if they came in with a mad offer, we would have to make sure we have someone lined up to come straight in

...with Ricardo's recurring injuries,  Castagne may just have the single role he has wanted for some time!!!

This may encourage him to stay here, as he is now the number one for RB without constantly switching tho the left or playing CB.

• Like 2

Not that this is going to happen but im curious if Justin would be happy to switch back to his preferred right side. He obviously want to play on the left as its increasing his chance of getting into the england team but it would be utterly bizarre if we kept him at lb with the right side vacant. 

19 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Not that this is going to happen but im curious if Justin would be happy to switch back to his preferred right side. He obviously want to play on the left as its increasing his chance of getting into the england team but it would be utterly bizarre if we kept him at lb with the right side vacant. 

....he has played more on the left than he has on the right!!!

In the last 4 seasons he has played 58 at LB and 32 at RB, and his games at RB are since he came here. 

With Castagne available for the right, I can't see the need to push him (JJ) for the RB role.

• 5 months later...

Inter Milan apparently still interested / interested again

https://sportwitness.co.uk/agent-trying-key-leicester-player-can-return-previous-league-foxes-ask-e20m/

‘Agent is trying’ – Key Leicester player ‘can return’ to previous league, Foxes could ask for €20m

One of the big issues for Inter going forward will be to replace Denzel Dumfries, who is expected to leave the club in the summer.

He is one of the players they are willing to sacrifice to get some income in, but that also means they will need a replacement, which is where Leicester City’s Timothy Castagne could come in.

The Belgian, although he is having a decent season this time around, has never managed to reach his previous heights with the Foxes, and that could open the door to an exit.

Inter Live have an article on the matter on Thursday, and state that the player, who has previously played for Atalanta in Serie A, ‘can return to Italy’.

The idea ‘is to put him instead of Dumfries’, and his ‘agent is trying’ to get something sorted, knowing full well the opportunity that could present itself.

The Leicester player has undoubtedly been key to Brendan Rodgers this season, scoring one goal and assisting another two in the Premier League in 20 appearances, but the chance of going to a club like Inter doesn’t always come.

In order to pull this off, it’s believed that his valuation stands at €20m, which is what he arrived for and the fee Foxes ‘could ask any other club to pay out’ to acquire Castagne.

We’ll have to wait and see if Inter do come forward for the Leicester man, but that also depends on whether they find Dumfries a new home in the coming months.

Can we rely on going through the season with just JJ and Ricardo as RB options given their injury records? I suppose Amartey could also play there in emergency if he signed on too though?

Castagne hasn't been at his best for a while, but personally I think he's still a very solid player, and his versatility is useful. He also doesn't miss too many games, which for Leicester is an important attribute to have. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can we rely on going through the season with just JJ and Ricardo as RB options given their injury records? I suppose Amartey could also play there in emergency if he signed on too though?

Castagne hasn't been at his best for a while, but personally I think he's still a very solid player, and his versatility is useful. He also doesn't miss too many games, which for Leicester is an important attribute to have. 

The amount of headers he won vs villa was quite staggering

15 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Would probably have to get another right back if Castagne left

RB: Ricardo and new player

LB: JJ and Kristiansen

• Like 1