Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Aus Fox

Castagne

35 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Castagne leaving would mean Bertrand jumps up to fourth choice full-back, on that note, don’t sell.

Bertrand shows little sign of recovering fitness 

bit of chatter about madders and spurs yesterday - paid no attention to it but maybe we are putting feelers out there to see what we could generate. Pointless selling Timmy for £20m. If madders can bring in £50/60m and the plan was to possibly sell next summer then maybe we would 

6 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

bit of chatter about madders and spurs yesterday - paid no attention to it but maybe we are putting feelers out there to see what we could generate. Pointless selling Timmy for £20m. If madders can bring in £50/60m and the plan was to possibly sell next summer then maybe we would 

He’ll have to be chucked in if Thomas & Justin get injured, not worth thinking about.

Because of that potential possibility, we need to keep Castagne, Bertrand can rot as 5th choice.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Not really sure what problem selling Castagne solves. We’ll still have too many players earning too much money clogging the whole thing up. 

Frees up one space, gets some funds in, frees up some wages and maybe not in the worst area of the pitch as far as cover goes.

If we received a crazy offer we should consider it.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

I think this is the right approach, our owners aren't stupid, we need to get rid of the deadwood and keep the best player, not the other way round. :)

14 minutes ago, Kopfkino said:

Not really sure what problem selling Castagne solves. We’ll still have too many players earning too much money clogging the whole thing up. 

The Occam's Razor answer is the team is skint, desperately needs to shift somebody, and can find no takers for the guys they'd prefer to shift so have to dig into the core and sell one of them.

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Sell for anything over what we paid for him. I like him but he's never settled here from what I gather and him and his wife want to go back to Italy.

Totally agree and let’s be honest he’s injured most of the time.

1 hour ago, turtmcfly said:

He didn't say we can't shift them, he said there are interested parties but no takers so far. Which I read as 'no takers for the money we want so far'.

I'd be worried if the other clubs were flogging players with ease, but...

West Ham haven't generated a single pound in sales (while spending 50 million - if I'm honest us doing that would worry me more) 

A nice chunk of change, but Everton have sold one more player than us

Southampton - zero pounds

Brighton - one sale for 26 million

Crystal Palace - not a sausage

Brentford - in America I think they call them 'links'

Newcastle - no black pudding

Arsenal - two whole players for whom they have been in receipt of moolah, for a season altering total of 13 million

Leeds - have gone ****ing mental ngl

Perhaps as well as an internal domino effect building there's an intra-club one, whereby one or two sales opens a mini-floodgate. Or you could worry.

Part of the reason we can't shift them though is the money they're on here. Who is going to pay Perez and Hamza what they're on here? No one. 

I did think when we bought Castagne, I don't dislike him as a player but we paid a fair bit given his own contract situation, will we even get that back?

He's not someone I'd rather sell though. So many others I'd rather went first.

18 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Part of the reason we can't shift them though is the money they're on here. Who is going to pay Perez and Hamza what they're on here? No one. 

Is this not true for some of the players of the other clubs I mentioned ? 

Even if it's not, my comments are about 'worrying'. I'm not 'worried' if other clubs are no better off than us, whatever the reasons. If a flurry of transfers kicks off in the Prem and afterwards we're still in this position then perhaps I'd worry*

* not really. Only if we got rid of a few and failed to land any replacements would I be particularly concerned. 

I like Castagne, versatile, good age and his attitude is first class. Given we have Pereira and Justin as probably the first choice fullbacks any offer of around £25m we'd have to take imo. We're most likely going to need 3 first XI players and if it takes Castagne going to get the wheels in motion - we'll have to sell unfortunately.

• Like 1

So we have 3 players who all play for the number 2 ranked team in the world and we are talking here of potentially losing all 3 in this window. I would certainly want to keep hold of Castagne as he offers versatility 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

People won’t like it but he’s an easy sell, he’s valuable, he’d be happy to go back to Italy and we do have multiple other options at RB/LB already. 

Exactly He's the best defensive fb especially for aerials duels we have but we have big dan, albrighton, jj and maybe hamza if we can't move him to fill in RB after ricky. And jj, luke, brunt for LB, not to mention we cant be doing with 3 injury prone fb's and we need wages off and decent money in so it doesnt makes sense not to

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If wr need to sell someone, Iheanacho would be a contender too. There's many clubs still needing a striker.

That would be the percentage play. Not getting a run of games, unlikely to see us play this season with 2 strikers or Kels as a 10 and strikers sell for a premium.

• Like 1

Just now, Phenom said:

Lol we’re not getting s decent fee from Serie A teams unless it’s Juventus

Juve would probably try the same kind of thing as well

Chiesa has been at Juve for 2 years but only this summer has technically joined them permanently

They are trying to do the same with Zaniolo from Roma, did it with Locatelli last summer

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

That would be the percentage play. Not getting a run of games, unlikely to see us play this season with 2 strikers or Kels as a 10 and strikers sell for a premium.

That said, sell him to a EPL rival and make sure you put a tenner on him scoring against us.