Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Forward thinking

Nicolas Pepe

7 hours ago, Jock's Hill said:

Do Arsenal have anyone who might realistically be available and worth a punt in part of an exchange deal for Tielemans?

I feel that it will not be a healthy situation for the club if he stays around for another season without signing a new contract.

Emil Smith-Rowe and .... err ... no that's it

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

Right, I don’t for one minute think we’ll get him, or that we’re even in for him. But…. If we off loaded, Choudhury, Soumare and Perez, and only bought in Pepe and kept everyone else, we would have a top seven competitive squad.

Just goes to show, despite all the drama and negativity around us at the moment, we are actually only a decent right winger  away from a superb squad, imo

I'd say him, a CB and Lookman as cover and we would be very competitive especially without Europe. We need those players you mentioned gone and maybe a couple extra out. We aren't a million miles away but the concern at the moment is the lack of time and we are weaker without Lookman in the squad, plus we don't need any negativity.  

As a player I would be kinda happy with us having him, but it is the financial side that puts me off

His stats for Arsenal aren’t actually that bad in his time there, overall his stats come out pretty similar to Barnes

19/20

42 appearances - 29 starts - 2,717 mins - 30.2 90s

8 goals and 10 assists

Goal contribution every 151 mins

20/21

47 appearances - 30 starts - 2,929 minutes - 32.5 90s

16 goals and 5 assists

Goal contribution every 139 mins

21/22

23 appearances - 8 starts - 951 mins - 10.6 90s

3 goals and 6 assists

Goal contribution every 106 mins

Total

112 appearances - 67 starts - 6,597 mins - 73.3 90s

27 goals and 21 assists

Goal contribution every 137 mins

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

As a player I would be kinda happy with us having him, but it is the financial side that puts me off

His stats for Arsenal aren’t actually that bad in his time there, overall his stats come out pretty similar to Barnes

19/20

42 appearances - 29 starts - 2,717 mins - 30.2 90s

8 goals and 10 assists

Goal contribution every 151 mins

20/21

47 appearances - 30 starts - 2,929 minutes - 32.5 90s

16 goals and 5 assists

Goal contribution every 139 mins

21/22

23 appearances - 8 starts - 951 mins - 10.6 90s

3 goals and 6 assists

Goal contribution every 106 mins

Total

112 appearances - 67 starts - 6,597 mins - 73.3 90s

27 goals and 21 assists

Goal contribution every 137 mins

Lol remember when we were all justifying nachos transfer using this logic.... 

16 minutes ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

Lol remember when we were all justifying nachos transfer using this logic.... 

I would say the Nacho transfer worked out quite well seeing as he was vital in getting us a 5th place finish and 2 trophies?

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
Just now, moore_94 said:

Would happily take a punt on him

https://mediafootmarseille.fr/un-club-anglais-arrive-sur-nicolas-pepe-info-media-foot/

AN ENGLISH CLUB ARRIVES ON NICOLAS PEPE

Courted by OGC Nice , which is studying the possibility of signing him, Nicolas Pepe is also in the sights of a Premier League club: Leicester!

Nicolas Pepe should not stay at Arsenal . At the end of the transfer window , the Ivorian striker is courted by several clubs in Europe. In France, OGC Nice is clearly studying the possibility of bringing him in. Lucien Favre would like to jump at the chance, even if the Aiglons must also think about sending a striker. A file that could evolve this week…

But a grain of sand could get in the way of OGC Nice ... According to our information, an English club very recently took some information on Nicolas Pepe . This is Leicester! The Foxes could try a blow for the former Lille who is looking to revive.

Sell them Tielemans at a good price but get him on loan for a season.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

At this stage I'd take him but it would have to be on loan. Problem with that being if he is successful we get no real long term benefit because he will sign for someone else. 

We could definitely get an option to buy clause in there

• Like 2