Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

The BT Sport coverage was an absolute disgrace tonight from top to bottom and we deserve a lot better for the money we pay.

Just a few of the examples:

- Des Kelly getting Gundogan’s signature

- “The greatest story in club football”

- Joleon Lescott being made out to be Man City’s greatest ever

- Terrible post match interviews

- Jake Humphrey

- Mario Balotelli

- Rio acting as if he is the best mate of all the players.

I know it’s already been mentioned plenty, but truly shocking.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, HybridFox said:

The day he does a Bielsa at Leeds, I'll give him a bit of credit

This is ridiculous. He is the best manager in PL history. Man City aren’t the first side to buy a lot of great players and I read somewhere that in the last 3 years in the Prem they’re only #10 in net spend.

This was long overdue. They’ve dominated the best league in the world and have deserved this trophy for a while.

• Like 4

Fair play to Man City doesn’t bother me them winning if at all tbf, rather them then any other super club, what is annoying though are some pundits labelling this side the best ever!! There is no way in a million years are they on Barcelona 2009-12 level not even close for me 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Yep.  Hate on Man City for their ownership and rules violations all you want, but it's laughable to try and diminish Pep's accomplishments as a manager.  He's the best in the game and it's not remotely close.  If all it took was spending money there would be a dozen coaches with his track record, not one.

Yeah, this.

Man City are hardly the first club to have had ridiculous money thrown at them. They are only the second, and the first in over two decades, to do the Treble.

That takes something beyond just splashing the cash.

• Like 1

Watching the coverage on paramount I was also cringing at the post match scenes. 
I get Micah Richards past history with man city and he’s openly a fan boy but damn he has no self control whatsoever lol.

Knowing this was a massive occasion and that winning it for pep meant completing the treble and man city finally getting over that hurdle but glossing over the fact they played awful by their own standards and there wasn’t much between inter and them as a neutral was hugely disappointed. 
the build up to the goal and the goal itself was great so they deserved it I guess. Oh and what is it with that man lookkakhoo? He needs to retire his ass. How many times can he keep fluffing it in these big games? He’s become a parody like Maguire.

20 minutes ago, cruzFOX said:

Watching the coverage on paramount I was also cringing at the post match scenes. 
I get Micah Richards past history with man city and he’s openly a fan boy but damn he has no self control whatsoever lol.

Knowing this was a massive occasion and that winning it for pep meant completing the treble and man city finally getting over that hurdle but glossing over the fact they played awful by their own standards and there wasn’t much between inter and them as a neutral was hugely disappointed. 
the build up to the goal and the goal itself was great so they deserved it I guess. Oh and what is it with that man lookkakhoo? He needs to retire his ass. How many times can he keep fluffing it in these big games? He’s become a parody like Maguire.

There’ll be another bunch of mugs ready to pay £90 mill+ to sign him ,that’s where football is these days 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phenom said:

This is ridiculous. He is the best manager in PL history. Man City aren’t the first side to buy a lot of great players and I read somewhere that in the last 3 years in the Prem they’re only #10 in net spend.

This was long overdue. They’ve dominated the best league in the world and have deserved this trophy for a while.

Definitely agree with your opinion on Guardiola. However the reason why their net spend has been so reasonable in the last few years, is because of the money they’ve spent previously, that has breached the FFP rules!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

The BT Sport coverage was an absolute disgrace tonight from top to bottom and we deserve a lot better for the money we pay.

- Jake Humphrey

- Mario Balotelli

Agreed, considering this is covering the biggest game in world football the coverage was turd.

5 hours ago, Phenom said:

I’d say he’s definitely behind Ferguson. Yes Man Utd spent big money but it was as a result of their success and I may be wrong, be even taking into account inflation, I can’t imagine it was even comparable to Man City and the sustained success he achieved whilst refreshing the squad when needed was very impressive.

I’d say Pep’s achievements at Barcelona were more impressive than at Man City.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, lcfcben76 said:

- Jake Humphrey

- Mario Balotelli

You forgot Jake Humpries being Jake Humpries

5 hours ago, TJQuik said:

As shite Lukaku was in some instances it's amazing they've managed to make a story out of his teammate heading the ball directly onto his arse with Dias ready to clear the ball off the line anyway.

And he's only just turned 30 :o, plays like he's 50.

p.s. We're man city fans the worst ever?  The celebrations for the goal and at the end were so tame you'd think they'd lost.

Edited by purpleronnie

This treble winning Man City team is so much better than the United treble team. I'm old either to remember the 90s United teams and they're not on a level with this Pep team.

3 hours ago, leicsmac said:

Yeah, this.

Man City are hardly the first club to have had ridiculous money thrown at them. They are only the second, and the first in over two decades, to do the Treble.

That takes something beyond just splashing the cash.

Lots and lots of fraud?

As if every major club isn’t guilty of these breaches. Chelsea are throwing hundreds of millions around, all elite football is corrupt, full stop. The team and manager are absolutely superb and deserve their success. I know it’s only football and it’s a pointless hobby , but you read comments on here and Twitter following West Ham and Man City’s success and it must be so exhausting, depressing and a huge hindrance to be so negative in your daily life 

6 hours ago, Phenom said:

lol

3 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Lots and lots of fraud?

Rather probably.

Though, again, I'm unsure as to how that might be different to teams who have bent or broken the rules (or at least the ethical principles) in the past.

There's been lots of situations in the past where teams have been able to spend vastly more than other teams - breaking rules at the time or not - and only once before has one of them done what Man City have done this season.

Don't confuse my recognition of their achievement with acceptance of the methods they used to achieve it.