Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Champions League 2022-23

6 minutes ago, HybridFox said:

lol

He revolutionised the game. Before him we had mid table team playing route one agricultural rubbish. Since Pep came into management we've bad second tier teams playing out from the back. He may or may not be the GOAT but he's definitely one of the most influential, if not the most.

Edited by Koke

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

He revolutionised the game. Before him we had mid table team playing toyre one agricultural rubbish. Since Pep came into management we've bad second tier trams playing out from the back. He may or may not be the GOAT but he's definitely one of the most influential, if not the most.

I'm not saying he's not up there. But to call him the greatest when Sir Alex Ferguson has won 13 titles with multiple squads is laughable

You only need to look at United now to see what a job he did

Edited by HybridFox

17 minutes ago, Corky said:

Guardiola going is the only way they drop off. They'll never get a better manager.

Yup I think that will be the start of the decline, similar to when Ferguson left Man United.

Pep is still quite young though so could stay for another 10 years

Edited by whoareyaaa
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

As if every major club isn’t guilty of these breaches. Chelsea are throwing hundreds of millions around, all elite football is corrupt, full stop. The team and manager are absolutely superb and deserve their success. I know it’s only football and it’s a pointless hobby , but you read comments on here and Twitter following West Ham and Man City’s success and it must be so exhausting, depressing and a huge hindrance to be so negative in your daily life 

Yes, that's kind of the point...

What a silly argument by the way. Do you just never recognise any injustice because it might be too stressful for you?

25 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

he’s just a third choice keeper man, I don’t think that constitutes being a charlatan 

How the feck can he get a medal for being third choice and never playing??🤣🤣

It's like  saying Danny Ward got an FA 

Cup and Premier league medal for us!

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

Yes, that's kind of the point...

What a silly argument by the way. Do you just never recognise any injustice because it might be too stressful for you?

Exactly you are proving my point. So in a game where only cheaters compete, they are the proven best cheaters, but we won’t recognise them because they…cheated… ridiculous 

Your second sentence is quite an extrapolation, some billionaires won an game of kickabout instead of some other billionaires. Hardly an injustice…. My main argument is people are so negative about so many things, choose life dude, it’s easier 

Edited by grobyfox1990
Typo

6 minutes ago, Raj said:

How the feck can he get a medal for being third choice and never playing??🤣🤣

It's like  saying Danny Ward got an FA 

Cup and Premier league medal for us!

Every member of the named squad gets a medal I think. 

If he's bragging about it then fair enough, but its not his fault he's got 2 medals. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Exactly you are proving my point. So in a game where only cheaters compete, they are the proven best cheaters, but we won’t recognise them because they…cheated… ridiculous 

Your second sentence is quite an extrapolation, some billionaires won an game of kickabout instead of some other billionaires. Hardly an injustice…. My main argument is people are so negative about so many things, choose life dude, it’s easier 

In a game of cheats they are the kings of corruption. They are symptomatic of everything that is wrong with modern football, hence the lack of excitement from most people by the result. As is the nervously prepared list of excuses people trot out to justify it. You can actually hear the anxiety in the voices of presenters as they search for a way around saying it like it is.

I never said that last night was the worst travesty to ever happen - for what it's worth I enjoyed it a lot despite man city winning. But it's absolutely an injustice that everything about our culture is being more and more negated from its purpose of expression and community building into a soulless product to be sold and consumed in the most efficient manner possible. Isn't it pretty obvious that what's happening to football is a symptom of that rather than being a completely separate entity and thus not worthy of comment?

Before you say I'm waffling on here I'm trying to offset my one line drunk posts from last night :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I'm not overly bothered about Man City tbh, they probably are the best team in Europe / the world. Wish Mahrez would've got some minutes tonight mind, pleased for him

He did his bit before, and a 1-0 lead was not a big enough lead to make any changes on the front, especially with De Bruyne already out. Inter pushed to the last second and B.Silva played well on the right wing, so there was honestly no possibility for Mahrez to come on. I don't think he'll mind, he has now won everything he could at a national and club level and was part of a treble winning team.

1 minute ago, That_Dude said:

He did his bit before, and a 1-0 lead was not a big enough lead to make any changes on the front, especially with De Bruyne already out. Inter pushed to the last second and B.Silva played well on the right wing, so there was honestly no possibility for Mahrez to come on. I don't think he'll mind, he has now won everything he could at a national and club level and was part of a treble winning team.

I know he won’t mind, I was just saying it would’ve been nice to have seen him out there?

15 hours ago, FoxyLeon said:

Some bitter Man United fans tonight, going on about them being 'lucky', Inter didn't try and score until they went behind. The better side won. 

John Stones MOTM.

Their forum has been in full meltdown for a while now, with a new Man City thread popping up every day. They're absolutely seething but adamant that they don't care, though. 

Just now, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

I know he won’t mind, I was just saying it would’ve been nice to have seen him out there?

Oh I'd have loved to see him play and also hoped that he'd come on for a couple of minutes at least but it wasn't meant to be. Some career he had.

38 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Every member of the named squad gets a medal I think. 

If he's bragging about it then fair enough, but its not his fault he's got 2 medals. 

Fair enough of that the rules.

Weird then how JT got all that stick years ago for his medal when hes actually a Chelsea club legend?

11 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

In a game of cheats they are the kings of corruption. They are symptomatic of everything that is wrong with modern football, hence the lack of excitement from most people by the result. As is the nervously prepared list of excuses people trot out to justify it. You can actually hear the anxiety in the voices of presenters as they search for a way around saying it like it is.

I never said that last night was the worst travesty to ever happen - for what it's worth I enjoyed it a lot despite man city winning. But it's absolutely an injustice that everything about our culture is being more and more negated from its purpose of expression and community building into a soulless product to be sold and consumed in the most efficient manner possible. Isn't it pretty obvious that what's happening to football is a symptom of that rather than being a completely separate entity and thus not worthy of comment?

Before you say I'm waffling on here I'm trying to offset my one line drunk posts from last night :ph34r:

Ok now you are talking about something systemic, aside from Man City, which I completely agree with you on. 

The world is one big stock market and asset class, with no regard for social value or benefit, football perfectly sums this up 

• Like 3