Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

9 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Whats with having a bodyguard two feet away from him at all times? Can understand in public but on a football pitch celebrating with his team? So ott

Not these days! 

2 hours ago, westernpark said:

Personally found it rather upsetting seeing representatives from King Power ownership making it about them, again. Of course the players enjoyed it with them, they do pay their wages after all. I’m also sure Aiyawatt is a nice friendly guy too and I cannot even imagine how difficult it is to cope with what happened to his father. However, hated hearing the sky sports stuff, regarding the great management from top to bottom of the club. You messed up and all you did was put out a statement saying the fans were being mean to you. Of course we can have worse owners but I don’t like the idea of hero worshipping the son of a billionaire. Think I’ll make a swift exit on Saturday after we’ve lifted the title, as don’t want to see all the antics of the entourage again.

Come on. King Power has had to pump millions after millions into this. King Power is a commercial enterprise with shareholders. If you have been in business, you know that is not normal nor sustainable, and to keep your job as Chairman you need to justify to the business and shareholders why it is great for the brand notwithstanding the millions written off. When you are in business, you know that is called marketing or stakeholder management. If it means a couple of photos, then he is doing great.

How much money have you invested in the club thus far? Yes, probably a lot to the ordinary folks, but hundreds of millions?? Top and King Power have put in more money than all of the fans combined for years. We complain about FFP in front of our computers, but that is actually real money King Power lost.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, Tom12345 said:

How much money have you invested in the club thus far? Yes, probably a lot to the ordinary folks, but hundreds of millions?? Top and King Power have put in more money than all of the fans combined for years. 

So I can’t criticise because I’m not a billionaire? They messed up last year and have continued to be ostriches regarding the issues surrounding the club this season. Unfortunately a lot of the issues are generic to modern football but it’s important I continue to voice my concerns, albeit politely as I think I have done. 

• Like 1

https://www.leicestercity.news/news/conor-coady-blown-away-by-one-incredible-thing-hes-experienced-since-being-at-leicester/

James Holyoak | MI News)Photo by MI News/NurPhoto via Getty Images
Conor Coady blown away by one ‘incredible’ thing he’s experienced since being at Leicester
Tue 30 April 2024 10:00
Mark Marston

Conor Coady has been blown away by one ‘incredible’ thing he’s experienced since joining Leicester City last summer.

Leicester outlaid £8.5m on Coady last summer, joining from Premier League outfit Wolves on a three-year contract.

The 31-year-old sustained a fractured foot in pre-season and missed the start of the campaign, allowing Jannik Vestergaard a chance to resurrect his City career.

The Denmark international took his chance and kept Coady out of the side for the majority of the season but despite not playing as much as he would’ve hoped, he’s been an integral part of the dressing room.

Speaking after sealing the Championship title against Preston North End last night, he revealed what has surprised him at Leicester.

After The Foxes’ convincing 3-0 away victory at Deepdale, Coady spoke to BBC Radio Leicester and hailed the close-knit dressing room.

“Listen, you see the celebration with the owner and everybody, I can’t get over how close this football club is,” the former Wolves captain admitted.

“I think it’s absolutely incredible and listen the boys have been absolutely incredible this year.”

Having been at Liverpool, Sheffield United, Huddersfield Town, Wolves and Everton prior to his City endeavour, it’s clear he’s experienced a number of great dressing rooms.

But evidently, the atmosphere at Seagrave and the relationship with the owner has completely blown him away.

It’s a special club and many that depart tend to leave as Foxes fans due to the incredible harmonious spirit around the place.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, westernpark said:

So I can’t criticise because I’m not a billionaire? They messed up last year and have continued to be ostriches regarding the issues surrounding the club this season. Unfortunately a lot of the issues are generic to modern football but it’s important I continue to voice my concerns, albeit politely as I think I have done. 

This was always going to happen. One good away end and suddenly the twenty five quid doesn't seem so bad. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

I find it utterly depressing that we've just won the league and some of the most frequent posts on here, appear to be people complaining about the Chairman celebrating.

"Just won the league..

On our way to 100 points..

Better get myself on Foxestalk to slag off Top.."

Absolute dregs.

4 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Whatever you feel about the ownership yesterday was the one day not to voice it, we've won the league and he's celebrating with the players and team, some of which he's know for 10 years +. 

If your mindset and first thought is to ridicule that then I think you have some serious issues.

34 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Good things happen

22 Pictures That Perfectly Sum Up Opening Your Front-Facing ...

Bad things happen

The Story of the 'Homer Simpson Backs Into the Bushes' Meme

Quite.

6 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

He is a fan like us, let the man enjoy it.

Well that's just not true in the slightest. He's an inherited billionaire who owns the club. Of course he wants to do well but please don't compare his affection for the club to mine or many others on here, it's not remotely close. Not even saying that in a precious way, it's just the reality of the situation.

As for the debate on him celebrating, I see both arguments. He does care and it's nice to see that bond with the players but equally should he be celebrating so much (don't forget he's also been in the training ground lapping it up) when from his perspective, the fact we were in this league, in financial trouble etc is a failing on his part? Seems a really nice bloke and I wish nothing but the best for him (including him to completely right the ship) but he needs to show a bit of accountability and humility with regards to the club's failings.

• Like 2

Some of the chat here is really crazy. Having other people celebrate Leicester's success does not take anything away from your enjoyment and relationship with the club.

Let people do and celebrate how they want - including the family who own the club!

Edited by pkonline

I wonder how many other forums would have people seemingly just going on there the same day they win the league just to be negative

At least give it a few days and just enjoy it first

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

I love seeing him celebrating to be honest. Live it up Top, the amount of money you've sunk into us it's deserved. 

Seeing the mess everton are in this morning I am very grateful 

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

I'd feel that important I'd want him to shit for me!

I'd have liked someone to shit for me today after last nights curry and beers

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, K789 said:

I love seeing him celebrating to be honest. Live it up Top, the amount of money you've sunk into us it's deserved. 

Seeing the mess everton are in this morning I am very grateful 

Yeah. We're not in a dire financial situation either, are we? 

• Like 2

Just now, kingkisnorbo said:

Yeah. We're not in a dire financial situation either, are we? 

No we're not, psr. Not struggling to pay wages of staff and suppliers. Complete different kettle of fish