Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

11 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Alright, I'll be the one to say it. Him basking in the reflected glory of players who are bailing out his poor management ain't the one.

Takes the piss that he's putting himself front and centre of celebrations (yet again) despite having been largely absent while the going's got tough.

I kinda see your sentiment and not calling you out on it but I’d suggest enjoying the moment mate.

• Like 1

The championship title and promotion, is for Enzo, the players and us, the board can do one as far as I am concerned and that includes Top.

Edited by Happy Fox
  • Like 3
  • Sad 3

6 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

I kinda see your sentiment and not calling you out on it but I’d suggest enjoying the moment mate.

Enjoying it plenty, loved seeing all of my mates, fellow fans and players having a great time last night. Just not sure why people feel the need to make this his achievement when it isn't.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I didn't see him do that yesterday. Just seemed like he was celebrating with everyone? I'd rather that than the gormless Rudkin from Tuesday vs Southampton.

He was literally front and centre in the changing room.

3 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

He was literally front and centre in the changing room.

Dare I say he was just part of the moment? Also, all of the players literally dragged him into the celebrations on the pitch too. 

Just think at a time of success and jubilation he's bound to want to get involved?

As long as there's no lap of honour parading the King's photo on Saturday I don't mind him joining in. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I didn't see him do that yesterday. Just seemed like he was celebrating with everyone? I'd rather that than the gormless Rudkin from Tuesday vs Southampton.

I saw Ruskin smile last night.... shudder

On 13/04/2024 at 08:54, Noahfence said:

The whole king power love in genuinely does come across a bit cult like. Why do people worship billionaires 

I think because in this case, when they first came, they really were quite different to other owners. Remember the friendly organised against Real Madrid and family funday with the Thai experience? Very much a different approach that people bought into.

This was all new, as was communication and relationship with the fans. Vichai instilled a culture of respect within the club and seemed community minded yet I'm sure behind the scenes he was still a ruthless businessman as he'd have to have been to evolve the Kingpower empire!

However, even then, the warning signs were there as Vichai, having seemingly bought Top the club as a rich son's plaything, he still had to pop in now and again to sort things out! It was Top who seemingly had the interest in football and Leicester City, but the first couple of managers in the shape of Sousa (possession football dream) and Sven, were more the choice of a kid in a sweetshop or child on football manager.

I think on occasions, Vichai had to probably come in and clear his son's mess up, but did so as ethically as he could. It was still very much a business back then. 

Vichai was of a certain age. His business kudos had been gained through experience over the years. He would have made his mistakes when he was younger years before. Top however, to some extent, came over as a slightly spoiled over-indulged son and it's no real surprise and perhaps unreasonable to expect him to have the same business acumen as his father.

I'm sure Vichai would be horrified at the financial state the club has got itself in with FFP etc. I'm also sure that one of the main causes of the problems, Brendan Rodgers, wouldn't have survived here half so long. Unlike his simpering sometimes starstruck son, Vichai would have seen straight through the dwarfs blarney as he would most likely have encountered individuals like him before in business. I also think that any other employees would have known that they messed with Vichai at their peril but not so now with Top.

In some ways I do feel very sorry for Top because his heart seems to be in the right place and he has had a difficult time of it. Not only the death of his father but a complete business empire suddenly became his responsibility. I wonder how that's going? 

If he's to stay, he needs to put his foot down and instill some fear. Unless it's all down to himself playing football manager, the problems currently faced are down to someone or people that clearly haven't been doing their jobs properly. He needs to be brutal and move them on, time to be The Boss!

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Dare I say he was just part of the moment? Also, all of the players literally dragged him into the celebrations on the pitch too. 

Just think at a time of success and jubilation he's bound to want to get involved?

As long as there's no lap of honour parading the King's photo on Saturday I don't mind him joining in. 

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Players seemed pretty keen to involve him.

Both fair enough points. I just find it a bit out of order, personally.

Just now, Voll Blau said:

Both fair enough points. I just find it a bit out of order, personally.

Agree with you, I don’t like it. It’s very American, like giving the Super Bowl trophy to the owners first. Join in the changing room and at the training ground, but doesnt need to be in front of fans. 

Also think him being so close to the playing staff isn’t a good thing - he and Rudkin (shudder) need to be distant to make some more difficult decisions without the attachment. Certain this would have helped the timelines on Rodgers sacking (besides the financial element).

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

The championship title and promotion, is for Enzo, the players and us, the board can do one as far as I am concerned and that includes Top.

Without the quality of signings we made in the summer, we wouldn’t have been promoted this season. It would have then been even harder in future seasons. 
He deserves to celebrate like the rest of us. 

• Like 3

Just now, Viva said:

Without the quality of signings we made in the summer, we wouldn’t have been promoted this season. It would have then been even harder in future seasons. 
He deserves to celebrate like the rest of us. 

Get the scouts on the pitch then if thats the case.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

Get the scouts on the pitch then if thats the case.

Knock the board for the bad signings and give them no credit for the good ones? Sounds like a lot on here. 

• Like 1

I've been as critical as anyone about him but I don't mind saying from last summer onwards there were big improvements and a huge realisation of where we were finally.

Coady and Winks signings were massive for me in establishing that shift in mood. 

I was so angry with him last season and that was only compounded by his petulant statement after months and months of zero fan engagement. 

The cynic in me says he's going to be looking to sell. There were strong rumours he already tried to not long back. I just hope they have had the biggest wake up call of their lives and learn from everything that's happened. Jury is still very much out.

Edited by Gamble92

25 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Players seemed pretty keen to involve him.

He’s their boss, not going to ignore him if he comes out there. Players maybe doing a bit of brown nosing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ginger_Filbert said:

He’s hardly gone over the top and tried to force himself to be front and centre, he literally just enjoyed the moment as he well should. 

Indeed he should. The bloke clearly cares deeply about the club and is very popular with the players. It’s astonishing that anyone is so bitter and mean-spirited to complain about him enjoying the moment. 

• Like 3