Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc043

Just now, ClaphamFox said:

Indeed he should. The bloke clearly cares deeply about the club and is very popular with the players. It’s astonishing that anyone is so bitter and mean-spirited to complain about him enjoying the moment. 

Also I think people are making out he was front and centre just because the camera was constantly on him, that’s not his fault. 

In the ground it was all about the players. 

• Like 2

Personally found it rather upsetting seeing representatives from King Power ownership making it about them, again. Of course the players enjoyed it with them, they do pay their wages after all. I’m also sure Aiyawatt is a nice friendly guy too and I cannot even imagine how difficult it is to cope with what happened to his father. However, hated hearing the sky sports stuff, regarding the great management from top to bottom of the club. You messed up and all you did was put out a statement saying the fans were being mean to you. Of course we can have worse owners but I don’t like the idea of hero worshipping the son of a billionaire. Think I’ll make a swift exit on Saturday after we’ve lifted the title, as don’t want to see all the antics of the entourage again.

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

I think every other set of fans in the UK would have seen that yesterday and said "I wish our owner cared that much".

But they don't know the truth , Sadly he is not ruthless enough to be a chair of a top club, utterly nice and generous man by all accounts, but we were relegated because he is indecisive and lacks a back bone, worse still he is surrounded by slippery yes men like Rudkin, we need a change of direction, I'm happy for Top to stay if he could find a ruthless.footballing CEO who can actually do a job 

We shouldn't have been in the championship and the buck for that stops with Top.

Some of the antics last night were simply too much for me to stomach 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

We've just won the league.

I genuinely think some of our fans find that hard to deal with as it makes it difficult for them to get angry for a little bit.

The hatred some of you are showing him is embarrassing.

How could anyone hate him ? The man is a total gent, but he has proven to not be a leader I can trust to keep my football club on a straight course, sadly he is not his father and that is the issue, but anyone hating on him needs to give their head a Wobble 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, the draper said:

But they don't know the truth , Sadly he is not ruthless enough to be a chair of a top club, utterly nice and generous man by all accounts, but we were relegated because he is indecisive and lacks a back bone, worse still he is surrounded by slippery yes men like Rudkin, we need a change of direction, I'm happy for Top to stay if he could find a ruthless.footballing CEO who can actually do a job 

We shouldn't have been in the championship and the buck for that stops with Top.

Some of the antics last night were simply too much for me to stomach 

Too be honest, Top is culpable for us sleepwalking into relegation and he has rightly been questioned by many areas of the fanbase for many of the wrongs at the club, however as owner I think he has just as much right to celebrate promotion and winning the championship, as us fans did, not sure what he did so wrong or offensive last night, too be fair the players seemed more than happy to include him, which suggests there is a massive level of respect and admiration for him. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Scanchez said:

We've just won the league.

I genuinely think some of our fans find that hard to deal with as it makes it difficult for them to get angry for a little bit.

The hatred some of you are showing him is embarrassing.

Just be good to see them fronting up in the shit times as well as lapping it up when it's good.

I've got first hand experience of Top throwing his toys out the pram when there were boos on the last day of the season. It was pathetic.

Like anything in life, you can't have it one way but not the other.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Too be honest, Top is culpable for us sleepwalking into relegation and he has rightly been questioned by many areas of the fanbase for many of the wrongs at the club, however as owner I think he has just as much right to celebrate promotion and winning the championship, as us fans did, not sure what he did so wrong or offensive last night, too be fair the players seemed more than happy to include him, which suggests there is a massive level of respect and admiration for him. 

Agree , He has every right to come over and seek understanding and forgiveness from the fans, he has a right to celebrate the triumph, but he has no right to a free pass for the last few years, he needs to step up now and lead, if he cant lead he needs to leave, personally I hope he is clever enough to know the club needs a new leadership structure, sadly I feel he is too nice to sack the folks he needs to sack 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

On a serious note the man’s father died as a direct result of owning this club. He’d be alive if he’d not been our chairman. I wouldn’t have blamed Top if he sold up and left directly after that. It must be so painful for him to be around the club sometimes, a constant reminder. So I can’t feel anything but happy for him when he enjoys the good times. 

None of that makes him immune to criticism of course but for me it has to be taken into account and some of the language around criticism of him is far too harsh. With regards to him celebrating last night. I’d say football probably isn’t for you if that annoyed you. 

Totally agree with you here re: language. Some of the stuff on here in recent years, talking about 'ruining his father's legacy', 'Vichai would be disappointed' etc just crosses a line for me.

It's always made me really uncomfortable. People often don't take into account the human aspect of the situation. Criticism is of course more than fair but a bit of humility should be expected, really. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, the draper said:

Agree , He has every right to come over and seek understanding and forgiveness from the fans, he has a right to celebrate the triumph, but he has no right to a free pass for the last few years, he needs to step up now and lead, if he cant lead he needs to leave, personally I hope he is clever enough to know the club needs a new leadership structure, sadly I feel he is too nice to sack the folks he needs to sack 

People can also learn from mistakes and be better for it, he obviously cares about the club probably just as much as you.. no one is perfect but he has a wealth of knowledge from his father that can guide him to becoming as ruthless as him long term and that is only good for the club, instead of having an owner that doesn't give a shit.

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

People can also learn from mistakes and be better for it, he obviously cares about the club probably just as much as you.. no one is perfect but he has a wealth of knowledge from his father that can guide him to becoming as ruthless as him long term and that is only good for the club, instead of having an owner that doesn't give a shit.

He won't learn from his mistakes. Rudkin is still there and more powerful than ever.

I'd have more respect if he showed he was able to learn from his mistakes but I just don't see it.

• Haha 2

Just now, Chocolate Teapot said:

He won't learn from his mistakes. Rudkin is still there and more powerful than ever.

I'd have more respect if he showed he was able to learn from his mistakes but I just don't see it.

How do you know ? only time will tell.

1 minute ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

He's 38 - young enough to learn. And sometimes the best way to learn is to go through the pain of messing up and coming out the other side. It seems a little early to write him off.

1 hour ago, Nick said:

What must fans of other teams think when reading some of the stuff on this thread? 

That a good portion of our fans want a title winning manager sacked and a chairman who has an affinity for the club and the area gone. Surely he has earned some credit in the bank?

9 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Indeed.  What I would now like to see is him appointing a top tier Director of Football.

An owner like him with a genuine quality DoF is what has separated us apart from Brighton in the last few years. Hopefully Top can see that and we can move on properly.

• Like 1

great to see him celebrating with the team. Still relatively young and though he has experience running a football club still has a lot to learn. i get he wants a nice relaxed working atmosphere at the club but sometimes you have to be ruthless and refresh things not just on the managerial and playing side but the recruitment set up and the top end of the football club to get the best knowledge and experience from a broad spectrum of individuals. he still very much has lots to learn and experience but as fans we love and respect him to bits.

He can keep rudders as dof because I suspect he isn’t ready to drop him on many levels 

but he could bring in a sporting director who oversees everything and would have day to day authority over Rudkin. That may be the decision that’s politically expediant.  

31 minutes ago, the draper said:

How could anyone hate him ? The man is a total gent, but he has proven to not be a leader I can trust to keep my football club on a straight course, sadly he is not his father and that is the issue, but anyone hating on him needs to give their head a Wobble 

No that's not the issue. The issue is he doesn't have his Father clout or Power.

everything changed for the worse with Accident.

Top may be Chairman of the Club but he's only a member of the board.

he can't decide to give 100 million to the Club like his father did or 60 million to the local Hospital, etc. Top doesn't have that power when are fans going to realise that.

from now on we are essentially run by Committee. Which in my experience is never a good thing.

Yes he's made a few mistakes which is easy to point out now. But had Rogers avoided relegation everyone would have said he done the right thing in sticking with him.

Anyone in business who tells you he gets everything right is a liar. Nobody does, life isn't like that. 

Top is responsible for talking his father into buying the Club. For that alone I'll always be respectful and thankful to him for the wonder success we endured since KP took over.

I'm also confident there's more to come.

• Like 1