Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

Villa - Postponed

4 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

Except it's not 'enforced mourning' is it. You can do what you want (except go to football 😆).

Tough one when your plans for the day centred around football and money had already been put into that :D

On the plus side, there's footie on the continent to watch later. I guess I'll just fill the rest of the day with chores, it's what our Liz would have wanted.

15 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

45 years ago - when I was 17 and my gran died surrounded by us all at the Rochdale infirmary - I decided to go dancing  in Manchester with my second cousin Susan.  I asked my Mum if it would be OK - and she said "of course - your gran would love you to go out and have a good time".

That is the true meaning of people coming together.

Sitting idly in our houses is the opposite.

Thankfully I'm down in London on the lash. Not quite sure how I'd cope otherwise...

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

Cheer up - I for one enjoyed putting our forum debate into a classic context demonstrating errors from the past from which we can learn.  Please continue such contributions

It’s alright. I’ve always been told to think about democracy this way - when changing the laws or giving or taking more/less power to the government, always think about that at some point, an extreme version of your opposition will get power and then imagine what they’ll do with it.

Theresa May and Ken Clarke both said similar in Parliament a couple of years ago in criticism of their own party with Patel’s proposal as part of the Policing and Crime Bill to give the Home Secretary the sole power to shut down whichever protests they don’t like if they create a noise - worded in a way which was very unconcrete and very easy to manipulate to mean any protest. Theresa May said something along the lines of we all think as Home Sec we’ll be fair, but it only takes one rogue HomeSec, maybe even unconsciously, maybe in the future after we’re all dead, to use that power in very bad ways

Just don’t see how ever taking away people’s right to protest at any occasion can be a good idea from a legal point of view.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Tough one when your plans for the day centred around football and money had already been put into that :D

On the plus side, there's footie on the continent to watch later. I guess I'll just fill the rest of the day with chores, it's what our Liz would have wanted.

Having your plans changed is not enforced mourning. It's a pain. This ain't North Korea. We don't do enforced mourning.  

1 minute ago, Rossiter said:

Having your plans changed is not enforced mourning. It's a pain. This ain't North Korea. We don't do enforced mourning.  

Why should I be allowed to do other things but not travel to the football though? Please explain to me and help me understand.

Why can I go to watch a movie, a rugby game, go for a curry. Yet I can't go and watch a football match?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, filbertway said:

Why should I be allowed to do other things but not travel to the football though? Please explain to me and help me understand.

Why can I go to watch a movie, a rugby game, go for a curry. Yet I can't go and watch a football match?

Because PL decided. Maybe wrong decision but there is some logic in it in their view. They've got the power and we haven't. Anyway, off to clean bath whilst chanting Rodgers Out...generate some of the matchday experience. Take care 👍

• Haha 2

Just now, Rossiter said:

Because PL decided. Maybe wrong decision but there is some logic in it in their view. They've got the power and we haven't. Anyway, off to clean bath whilst chanting Rodgers Out...generate some of the matchday experience. Take care 👍

F the PL and F the FA and double F Rodgers! haha

Enjoy :D

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Rossiter said:

It's pretty hilarious that anyone could call another country weird after the display we've seen for the last few days.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

The last thing the global community is going to be arsed about right now while watching our country is whether a tiny minority of people at a sports match boo a minute's silence, while hundreds of thousands of others respect it.

If that's seriously the reason it's been done then we might as well ban football forever because, newsflash, a tiny minority of grown men are always going to use football as an excuse to make a holy show of themselves in all sorts of scenarios.

Of course in the real world, the tiny noisy minority ALWAYS gets the attention. this is not about booing a team or manager, that is everyday stuff. Booing the national anthem gets international recognition especially this weekend after the Queen has died. You really underestimate the world media attention on our royal family and believe me if the games had gone on and scum like Liverpool fans had booed the national anthem and ignored the silence it would have hit the headlines and the republicans among us would have been rubbing their hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

You know it was the league thay decided to stop the footy don't you? 

5 hours ago, ARTY_FOX said:

You know it was the league they decided to stop the footy, don't you? 

Yes but the league is all part of the establishment.If you want proof of that Prince William ( now the prince of Wales ) holds what position in the F.A? then ask why the horse racing, Rugby, and cricket have carried on regardless.It's really not that hard to work out.:dunno:

Edited by PAPA LAZAROU

1 minute ago, Fox 4 Life said:

We really needed this game to get back on track, concern now is we get spanked by spurs and then go in to the international break literally rock bottom in position and confidence 

Very unlikely that will be played, I doubt any other significant events in London will take place.

1 hour ago, TJQuik said:

It's pretty hilarious that anyone could call another country weird after the display we've seen for the last few days.

You wait till big kim kicks it 

they’ll be lashing the masses to concrete blocks and the masses will self flagellate with broad smiles …..

I havent received any instructions of this ilk yet ……