Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
AjcW

England pre world cup squad - Today 2pm

Wouldn't normally start a thread for a squad, but as these are the last competitive games before Qatar this is essentially the World Cup squad minus back ups.

Ivan Toney has got the nod apparently, i've no issues with that, he wont be picked to start but would rather he was in there as an option than some of our previous Kane back ups!

Would be rather typical of Gareth to sellect Madders now, with us bottom of the league, given he is still showing individual quality lol (obviously highly doubt it)

No chance JJ gets back in you'd think. Although that does mean left back is essentially two very out of favour players, JJ at least starts... would say we are probably at the stage where Trippier plays left back

Any others you'd like to see as 'Wildcards' ahead of the World Cup?

I'd say Jack Harrison probably deserves a shout, just incase the USA try and get him lol 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Made no difference then

Mount - During a difficult start to the season for Chelsea that saw Thomas Tuchel replaced by Graham Potter earlier this month, the 31-cap international has failed to score or assist across eight matches and almost 600 minutes of football. 

Form my arse!

Same argument for Maguire, Grealish, Phillips, Shaw.......basically a case of "if your face fits..."

2 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Same argument for Maguire, Grealish, Phillips, Shaw.......basically a case of "if your face fits..."

I've just posted something similar in the other forum. Laughable, he can make statements re form then move the goalposts and not be questioned or held accountable. Managers spouting b0ll0cks and not backing it up seems to be an ongoing theme.

13 minutes ago, hejammy said:

to be fair you would be struggling to find 25 English players in form currently. 

I am struggling to think of anyone that deserves a place that isnt in there. 

Randomly Rashford and Sancho probably deserve to be called up for a change.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

If you went on form it would be 

Ramsdale

James Stones Dier Walker (Neither left back are in form) 

Rice Bellingham 

Saka Foden Sterling

Kane 

I cant see that team beating the likes of Brazil, Argentina etc. 

Chilwell is fine, he's just been injured.

Haven't watched a full England game since the final & will be giving these a miss as well - Southgate is as inspid as they come. Kalvin Phillips in is hilarious considering his role at Man City has turned into "Guy who comes on at 90+1 to waste 30 seconds"

Edited by EnderbyFox
  • Haha 1

I think the most concerning bit is that's a 28 man squad, it's only 2 spaces off a prelim world cup squad, that means if he's set on that 28 (minus Pickford in for Hendo) probably only Henderson and Sancho/Rashford come in.

So not a single one of the current in form PL players makes a prelim world cup squad, it's literally this plus two obvious picks, then 7 to drop out would probably be Toney, Bowen. Coady, Guehi, Dier (hopefully!), Ward Prowse and Shaw.

Which essentially leaves us with the Euros squad, zero progression in a year and a half, and still picking Henderson who has legs that don't work anymore.

Edited by AjcW

Find it nigh on impossible to care about England outside of a month every other two years.

Don't get me wrong, when the World Cup/Euros are on i'm all in. But this team is so full to the brim of unlikeable footballers that get in the squad because of who they play for (as opposed to how well they play).

How can any sound mind pick Trent Alexander-Arnold for instance? Not only has he been a joke with his performances and effort levels, we've got the best right back depth in world football and he still gets picked.