Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

18 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

cause people can see past the result and actually see he has potential

You don’t have a good game and lose 6-2.

What on earth are you talking about?

Spurs looked like they’d score with every attack.

He may ‘have potential’ but today we’ve been utterly humiliated after conceding SIX goals in the Premiership, which could have easily been more.

That’s not a defence who played well

As I said, typical FT

If we don’t sort our defence out quick we are getting relegated, Faes or no Faes

Edited by Col city fan

1 minute ago, Col city fan said:

He may ‘have potential’ but today we’ve been utterly humiliated after conceding SIX goals in the Premiership, which could have easily been more.

As I said, typical FT

Did you even watch the game?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As I said, typical FT

If we don’t sort our defence out quick we are getting relegated, Faes or no Faes

He looked like he could be a good player. Looked composed on the ball. The defence was utterly exposed by our midfield time and time again. Not sure about the corner goals if it was his man each time. 

Just now, FoxyPalace.com said:

WOUTCHER ! Looks a great deal 

God help us.

Just imagine what the forum would be saying if we’d won tonight and hadn’t conceded 6 goals!

It can’t be the day to be suggesting that a new CB had a good game. We’ve just conceded 6..

This place is even more bizarre than usual tonight.

Tell you what, if he plays ok and we keep a clean sheet (ish) against Forest, I’ll join in 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

As I said, typical FT

Funnily enough that's exactly what did happen. 

Yes we conceded 6 but Faes played well. 

I actually felt sorry for him and Evans towards the end when Spurs were breaking away and they had 3/4 players against our two centre halves. 

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

God help us.

Just imagine what the forum would be saying if we’d won tonight and hadn’t conceded 6 goals!

It can’t be the day to be suggesting that a new CB had a good game. We’ve just conceded 6..

This place is even more bizarre than usual tonight.

Tell you what, if he plays ok and we keep a clean sheet (ish) against Forest, I’ll join in 

Well there are 11 players in a team don't mean they all played shit

9 minutes ago, lee7 said:

Funnily enough that's exactly what did happen. 

Yes we conceded 6 but Faes played well. 

I actually felt sorry for him and Evans towards the end when Spurs were breaking away and they had 3/4 players against our two centre halves. 

I’ll give in.

You can’t argue against people who are suggesting any player in the defence ‘looks a great deal’ when we’ve just been absolutely pasted. It’s not logical so can’t be rationalised away.

What I will say, is I hope you’re right. Cos we’re gonna need someone to take control of the defensive side of our game AND the defence.

Again, we looked utterly fragile at set peices.

Evans looks shot today. 
Whether Faes becomes this great that people on here are suggesting tonight, we’ll just have to see.

4 minutes ago, Matt said:

Without a shadow of doubt Rodgers had no input in this signing.

Aggressive, willing to get stuck in, passes forward.

Everything Rodgers hates.

It was quite telling when he was interviewed before or after (can't remember) the Man Utd game about transfers and he didn't mention Faes once lol

He looked very promising today despite being chucked in at the deep end. Its hard to judge when basically if you want to score 5 you just need 10 shots against our keeper. Nothing worse than playing in defence with a Keeper who lets everything in and the defence justifiably has no confidence in him. Conceding a goal from ever other shot on goal just shows we need to give Iversen a chance at least. 

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

As I said, typical FT

This is all because he literally made a slide tackle. Its all there is too it.

2 hours ago, Dames said:

Not having this.

He was part of a defence that conceded 6 goals on his debut. 

Individual performance was a 5 at best. 

If Maldini played a game for the dog and duck and conceeded 6, would he be unable to be critiqued individually on his performance?

Edited by Beachyboy

Just now, Tommy Fresh said:

Generally looked progressive with the ball, in fact Faes probably carried the ball further forwards today then Evans has all season

He looked okay, looked like he wouldnt be out of his depth at this level and might actually be half good if the rest of the team was on job.

However I can’t yet let myself get excited about a cb who was part of a unit that conceded 6 goals.

Just now, Beachyboy said:

If Maldini played a game for the dog and duck and conceeded 6, would he be unable to be critiqued individually on his performance?

We conceded 6 goals, the defensive unit takes collective responsibility as it is their job as a unit to prevent that from happening. 

So yeah. A 5 at best. Evans 1. 

• Like 1