Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

1 hour ago, taupe said:

Yes, that is what happened. From my pov, the midfield are told to get forward, to press. It leaves our defence wide open. It's a tactical error rather than player error.

When I summon the strength, I want to watch their 4th goal, the Ndidi one, again. I've only seen it in real time. At the time, I thought it the wrong pass choice from Evans but I really don't recall who else was on. Players get blamed for this but if everyone has been told to push forward then this is what's going to happen - the man on the ball is easily put under pressure. Our shape and tactics is what needs addressing.

Yeah totally - defensive shape is terrible. Can’t understand why we are going all out pressing up top. Spurs did to us what we were doing to teams in 15/16 yesterday. I don’t think that’s the answer for us right now but something similar as we did at Spurs in lockdown and won there 

5 hours ago, Clever Fox said:

Despite the scoreline the lad done ok on his debut. It was his more senior experienced partner who was more responsible for some of the Goals.

His positioning was suspect at times but I liked his confidence, especially with the Ball.

Going forward I think he'll do ok.

Going forward isn’t our problem

• Haha 1

Reminded me of a certain Cags in his first few seasons. Energy, confidence, enthusiasm and feist. Sure there is some naivety but it’s his first premier league experience. If original Cags was in form those two would make a good pair on either side of evans.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, LVocey said:

Reminds me so much of an inform Cags.

So calm and confident on the ball but knows when to go aggressive in the tackle.

Absolutely love him. Looks a great signing! 

Yep, aggressive and confident. He's what Soyuncu was before Rodgers coached it out of him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He was pretty good, but he did have a couple of moments tbf, not least them hitting the post and Johnson breezing past him before Soumare came back to help him out. You think if Forest could finish people's impressions of his performance might be different. But he's undoubtably a big step up from Amartey or playing Ndidi at centre back. All he really needs to be for now is a decent PL defender, which I think he will be.

Edited by Sampson

4 minutes ago, Sampson said:

He was pretty good, but he did have a couple of moments tbf, not least them hitting the post and Johnson breezing past him before Soumare came back to help him out. You think if Forest could finish people's impressions of his performance might be different. But he's undoubtably a big step up from Amartey or playing Ndidi at centre back. All he really needs to be for now is a decent PL defender, which I think he will be.

Unless I'm thinking of a different Johnson run, he breezed past Evans, not Faes. Faes got his body in front of Johnson to allow Soumare to dispossess him.

23 minutes ago, martyn said:

I like his character. Looks like he will be a leader which is something we lack. Decent enough on the ball as well. 

He did get caught a couple of times as the deepest defender which will get punished against better opposition.

Great summary. Looks like good business to me. Not a world beater, but steady and hopefully consistent.

• Like 1

His all round game was very impressive tonight. A very good start to his city career. Took a lot of responsibility on the ball and looked very commanding. I also liked the way he could bring the ball out without taking too many risks and was able to find players who broke the lines. I am a massive fan of jonny but I’d like to see him paired with Cags at some point as I feel they could form quite a good pairing if the latter stays. 

Edited by Supergray22

Looked a very solid buy for that few, few minor issues here and there but you'll always have that with most defenders that aren't the world class ones.

Looks like the tonic our defence might need though, uses his body and gets stuck in, solid on the ball and also commanding, their first few corners he was the man barking orders out organising, hoping he can inspire that bit of nasty bastard streak we need in the squad!

• Like 1