Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

21 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

Faes is overall a decent player, the problem is we have a lot of people at the moment who like to look for a scapegoat when we dont win, and he is prone to some howler decisions.  Some people arent forgiving of mistakes.

I dont like as an example if the other team scored or when they have a shot, we have a bunch of fans looking for who made a mistake or whatever for it to happen, the players are humans, they will make them every game.

What makes him decent? I don't see it, never have. He is lucky we're playing in this league. 

I hate this "scapegoat" response for people calling a player rubbish. It's not about anyone being a scapegoat. The player is just shit.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

What makes him decent? I don't see it, never have. He is lucky we're playing in this league. 

I hate this "scapegoat" response for people calling a player rubbish. It's not about anyone being a scapegoat. The player is just shit.

He regularly plays CB for one of the top ten teams in the world, so suspect you might be wrong.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

He regularly plays CB for one of the top ten teams in the world, so suspect you might be wrong.

Have you not watched him enough for us to realise that the; ‘Yeah but he plays for Belgium’ argument is nonsense?

I just don’t understand how anyone can think he’s anything but a liability. What have you been watching?

You could absolutely tell that he was a joke in his very first game for us. 
Someone on here called me ‘mental’ for saying the same as above in the Summer, but I’m only going on what I’ve seen on the pitch.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, James_lcfc said:

Have you not watched him enough for us to realise that the; ‘Yeah but he plays for Belgium’ argument is nonsense?

I just don’t understand how anyone can think he’s anything but a liability. What have you been watching?

You could absolutely tell that he was a joke in his very first game for us. 
Someone on here called me ‘mental’ for saying the same as above in the Summer, but I’m only going on what I’ve seen on the pitch.

Belgium...  :D

Seriously, I am not a fan of the bipolar hero or villain with no middle ground attitude, as it stinks of being unwilling to think critically.

He has been poor the last quarter of a season and that cannot be denied, but the time before he was good enough to be part of a team that got us that far ahead.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Belgium...  :D

Seriously, I am not a fan of the bipolar hero or villain with no middle ground attitude, as it stinks of being unwilling to think critically.

He has been poor the last quarter of a season and that cannot be denied, but the time before he was good enough to be part of a team that got us that far ahead.

The issue funnily enough is that Faes appears to have no middle ground himself, he's either good or bad, can't remember him consistently being just alright

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Who’s their alternative?

I think the point is nuance. If you said “He’s not good enough for our team” I’m sure most people might agree. It’s the “he’s shit” which is just objectively untrue that people react to. I know football is a game of passion, or it should be, and we’re all guilty of hyperbole sometimes but he’s not “shit”. He’s “ok”. 

Edited by RumbleFox

On 21/04/2024 at 20:56, Fox92 said:

Point is he, WOUT, plays in my ( our) country ‘s National team, and I don’t think Belgium is a bad team, on the contrary, we are so much better than England, we only have 11 million inhabitants, so….our pool to find good players is not that big…. I think you are not good in maths…..I hate your rubbish talk about my blood….you are stupid…😜

Edited by hfaes
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, hfaes said:

Point is he, WOUT, plays in my ( our) country ‘s National team, and I don’t think Belgium is a bad team, on the contrary, we are so much better than England, we only have 11 million inhabitants, so….our pool to find good players is not that big…. I think you are not good in maths…..I hate your rubbish talk about my blood….you are stupid…😜

You tell him!

• Haha 1

On 21/04/2024 at 22:32, Fox92 said:

Who’s their alternative?

Stop, with making fun of my country’s national TEAM, and about Wout, we have more than enough alternatives…..

Wout had better stayed in Reims, there he was so good, maybe Leicester does not have a good mentality, I see Thielemans how much better he playes now in our National team, now that he is not with Leicester anymore…….i read all your nagging about Praet, before about Thielemans, Castagne, and now Wout….

• Like 1