Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

8 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I will never have the mental strength to face my comments on him in his first two months. What an absolute twat.

you and me together bud, plus a thousand others

3 minutes ago, Dames said:

I still cant get my head around it now. Conceded 6 goals and the CB was apparently the best player on the pitch… 

TBF he quite possibly was our best player in that match, but that's much like saying rishi Sunak is the best pm we've had since 2019, it's a condemnation of how bad the rest are

Dude is absolutely useless as a defender, if he has to ****ing play for some sort of contractual reasons, and that would be the only justification for picking him at this point, put him in the midfield or up front, just get him as far away from our goal as possible 

• Haha 1

Blokes an absolute bomb scare and is a massive hindrance to the team as simply doesn't know how to defend. Technically he isn't too bad but he definitely isn't a CB as he doesn't have the positional awareness to play in the back line. Interestingly I actually think he'd make a competent DM not that Enzo would ever consider the idea. 

What's very concerning is that we have two very good CBs at this level in Coady and Souttar who barely get a look in for the bench let alone the first XI. Right now we just need to get back to basics and tighten everything up but Enzo will undoubtedly persist trying to play this high risk football and it'll prove very costly for all involved. 

• Like 1

**12 hours later**

Faes was a twat last night to me.

He’s still a twat.

Players like him make me so angry, technically tidy enough but when it comes to his day job (keep the ball out of the net) he has been culpable for numerous goals, his attitude stinks and I genuinely can’t wait to see the back of him and his floppy hair.

I’m sure this’ll go down like a lead balloon, but I quite like the way he sometimes surges forward. I think it actually lead to a goal (for us lol) recently. However:

- It does leave us exposed. May have lead to the odd goal conceded.

- His actual defending has been a bit hit and miss recently.

I was wondering if it might be possible for him to assume the Wilf role. Wilf’s been a bit off since coming back into the side, and Faes might do better?

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Was excellent in the first half of the season and was dominating every opponent all game, it was too easy for him. For me, the lack of legs in front of him and vestergaard is the biggest problem right now. Squad rotation has so poor, that KDH/Winks/Ricardo/Ndidi look completely exhausted. Faes and Vestergaard are actually the ones creating our chances when they break forward. On a secondary note, Winks is a bit of a nothing footballer, he's marking himself out the game lately, hiding behind opponents when the going is getting tough. 

I'm assuming Enzo tells him to burst forwards, but it seems madness to me. Given we play without a conventional RB when in possession, surely the RCB should be told to cover the space vacated by the inverted RB? It's not like Vesty has the pace to get across quickly if required!

Edited by Sunbury Fox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, PassItToTheKeeper said:

Was excellent in the first half of the season and was dominating every opponent all game, it was too easy for him. For me, the lack of legs in front of him and vestergaard is the biggest problem right now. Squad rotation has so poor, that KDH/Winks/Ricardo/Ndidi look completely exhausted. Faes and Vestergaard are actually the ones creating our chances when they break forward. On a secondary note, Winks is a bit of a nothing footballer, he's marking himself out the game lately, hiding behind opponents when the going is getting tough. 

I think you make a valid point here and one I’ve raised countless times. Both under Rodgers and Enzo, our midfield players are ‘nice’ tidy players but defensively hugely suspect.

Tielemans.. much better going forward but slow 

Winks… very tidy but weak

Soumare.. don’t get me started

Ndidi… legs have gone 

We’ve had no ‘combative’ midfielder for years, mainly because of who’s managed us and the style they play.

So the defence, if the midfield are knackered WILL be put under lots of pressure.

That was a huge issue last season and a big one since Christmas. Primarily, because when Wout and Vestergaard are put under pressure, they WILL falter.

Good point, well made sir

‘Defending’ is a team responsibility and defensively we’ve been poor for a long time.

That said, if our strikers could hit a fookin barn door, that would have helped as well.

Games are usually won and lost (generally) in the midfield 

👍

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Wondering what the fans will be thinking, when he starts tmw

I'll be thinking that we've totally lost it as a club revealing our team sheet a day early. And then hoping he also doesn't start on Saturday :ph34r:

Edited by StanSP
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, HarryDee8 said:

Wondering what the fans will be thinking, when he starts tmw

Great news, as he’ll be playing in some under 18 game, and we’ve got no chance of seeing him on Saturday. 

On 13/04/2024 at 08:58, The Doctor said:

TBF he quite possibly was our best player in that match, but that's much like saying rishi Sunak is the best pm we've had since 2019, it's a condemnation of how bad the rest are

Dude is absolutely useless as a defender, if he has to ****ing play for some sort of contractual reasons, and that would be the only justification for picking him at this point, put him in the midfield or up front, just get him as far away from our goal as possible 

Ryan Bennett is Liz Truss

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He’s got an attitude his ability doesn’t warrant. The very essence of why we’ve been so soft over the last 2 seasons. 

First one out of door for me whatever. 

Agreed. Attitude Stinks and he epitomises our downfall. 

for sure he would be the first player I would sell. Far better and cheaper options out there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

He’s got an attitude his ability doesn’t warrant. The very essence of why we’ve been so soft over the last 2 seasons. 

First one out of door for me whatever. 

Agree. Arrogance without the ability to back it up is a very bad combo. When he came here we were told he was a leader (think he was captain at Reims) but there's been no evidence of that since he joined us. 

• Like 2

We need Coady in the team for the run in. A no nonsense defender who'll hold his position while others go forward.

We could even try Faes in the NDiddi role, where his footwork might create a few openings.

As Wilf has been poor by his standards since he came back from injury.

• Like 1