Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

34 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Smarter players will always have his number - there is a concentration issue with Faes. I think he has a lot of good qualities but he will never be a top division defender unless he sorts out his issues. The Chelsea game for example this season. Following the ball, not the man. Basic errors. We've been spoiled with guys like Fofana, Soyuncu, Maguire, Morgan, Huth, Evans Wasilewski. Who were (all for very different reasons) good top division defenders. 

We cannot go into next season with Faes and Vestegaard as starting 2. We certainly cant go into next season with a choice of Faes, Coady and Vestegaard. He is an international defender with a reasonable amount of time left on his contract. As a "biggish" player, I'll say it again, he should be top of the list to depart for a decent fee given our predicament and in order to protect bigger players for us. 

I appreciate not all will agree and he has had a good season. But he is one you look at and think, we can replace. 

Couldn’t agree more with this, and I think after a season in the Championship, some may have forgot about the gulf in quality to the Premier League.

Faes was truly shambolic in games last season, lacking some of the basics and I genuinely don’t see him being a solid defender at Prem level next season. He’ll be a sitting duck who gets exposed behind him, gets caught out ball watching and in the Prem, was always 2 yards deeper than the rest of the backline playing wide players onside consistently. 

• Like 1

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1896210/Chelsea-David-Luiz-shirt-transfer-Leicester-Wout-Faes

‘Chelsea sent me a signed David Luiz shirt and offered me big money - but I told them no'

Chelsea tried to tempt a young starlet into joining them by sending him a signed David Luiz shirt.

Leicester City star Wout Faes reportedly rejected a move to Chelsea, even though the Blues peppered him with gifts and a lucrative contract offer. Faes turned down the approach from Chelsea, instead putting pen to paper on a move to Leicester.

While the Foxes might’ve been relegated at the end of the 2022/23 season, they did at least take the talented Faes down with them. Arriving from French side Reims for £15million, the centre-back was touted as one of the most promising defenders in Europe at the time - something reflected by Chelsea’s interest in the Belgian.

It’s claimed that the west Londoners tried to sign Faes when he was a teenager in the Anderlecht academy. What’s more, in an attempt to pry him away from the Belgian outfit, Chelsea sent Faes a shirt signed by then-Blues star David Luiz.

Speaking to The Telegraph last season, Faes said: “Maybe if I had gone there I would have got more money but that was not important. I wanted to have the best education and I knew at Anderlecht they were really counting on me and saw me as a future talent.

“It was more important to stay there and progress there. I never thought: ‘I should have gone to Chelsea.’ I have no regrets.”

Faes might’ve been ruing that decision at the end of his first season in England after Leicester dropped into the second tier of English football. However, having decided to stick with the club in the summer, the 26-year-old played a key part in guiding the Midlands outfit back to the Premier League as champions.

Featuring in all but three of Leicester’s 46 Championship fixtures, the dynamic defender caught the eye with his impressive passing range and stellar dribbling ability - a trait unique to a centre-back with Faes’ build. But while the 6ft 1in star may have endeared himself to the Foxes faithful, Leicester could face a battle to keep him at the club during the summer transfer window.

It was reported in January that the David Luiz lookalike was a target for Serie A outfit Atalanta - a move which failed to materialise. However, should a side competing in Europe next season come knocking, Faes could, this time around, find the opportunity too good to turn down.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Sly said:

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/1896210/Chelsea-David-Luiz-shirt-transfer-Leicester-Wout-Faes

‘Chelsea sent me a signed David Luiz shirt and offered me big money - but I told them no'

Chelsea tried to tempt a young starlet into joining them by sending him a signed David Luiz shirt.

Leicester City star Wout Faes reportedly rejected a move to Chelsea, even though the Blues peppered him with gifts and a lucrative contract offer. Faes turned down the approach from Chelsea, instead putting pen to paper on a move to Leicester.

While the Foxes might’ve been relegated at the end of the 2022/23 season, they did at least take the talented Faes down with them. Arriving from French side Reims for £15million, the centre-back was touted as one of the most promising defenders in Europe at the time - something reflected by Chelsea’s interest in the Belgian.

It’s claimed that the west Londoners tried to sign Faes when he was a teenager in the Anderlecht academy. What’s more, in an attempt to pry him away from the Belgian outfit, Chelsea sent Faes a shirt signed by then-Blues star David Luiz.

Speaking to The Telegraph last season, Faes said: “Maybe if I had gone there I would have got more money but that was not important. I wanted to have the best education and I knew at Anderlecht they were really counting on me and saw me as a future talent.

“It was more important to stay there and progress there. I never thought: ‘I should have gone to Chelsea.’ I have no regrets.”

Faes might’ve been ruing that decision at the end of his first season in England after Leicester dropped into the second tier of English football. However, having decided to stick with the club in the summer, the 26-year-old played a key part in guiding the Midlands outfit back to the Premier League as champions.

Featuring in all but three of Leicester’s 46 Championship fixtures, the dynamic defender caught the eye with his impressive passing range and stellar dribbling ability - a trait unique to a centre-back with Faes’ build. But while the 6ft 1in star may have endeared himself to the Foxes faithful, Leicester could face a battle to keep him at the club during the summer transfer window.

It was reported in January that the David Luiz lookalike was a target for Serie A outfit Atalanta - a move which failed to materialise. However, should a side competing in Europe next season come knocking, Faes could, this time around, find the opportunity too good to turn down.

The bit at the bottom about Atalanta trying on January but didn’t leave but might now seems so odd.

Surely with him on reduced wages he’d have been easier to pick up in January than this window? 

I get it’s harder for buying clubs in January but with our pending FFP breach surely we’d have listened to sensible offers for Wout?

29 minutes ago, SafewayFox said:

The bit at the bottom about Atalanta trying on January but didn’t leave but might now seems so odd.

Surely with him on reduced wages he’d have been easier to pick up in January than this window? 

I get it’s harder for buying clubs in January but with our pending FFP breach surely we’d have listened to sensible offers for Wout?

It’s Congleton now at Atalanta, isn’t it? That probably answers your question.

• Like 2