Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Filbert Fireworks

Wout Faes

There’s still an Element of side show Bob about faes but yeh when he’s 100% focused and goes in these marauding runs he’s quite mesmerizing to watch. You feel compelled to egg him on and today I genuinely thought he was goiing to score lol. He actually is a decent dribbler at speed and it catches the opposition by suprise as they just don’t expect it and panic. Maybe Enzo will play him in midfield next season?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HarryDee8 said:

Is he better off in the ndidi role?  Did a better run then kdh lol

Was thinking the same. Stick him in midfield against Blackburn and see what happens :D At least his mistakes will be slightly less costly further up the pitch...

• Haha 1

He can be a bit of a liability at times but his ability to drive forward with the ball is something that nobody else really offers from defensive positions, his run at Preston was superb and really did deserve the goal. 

I think he is good enough for where we will be next season but in the same way if we receive a decent offer that enables us to book a profit and reinvest then I think we should and would take it. 

On 30/04/2024 at 11:35, South Shire Fox said:

So much better when hes playing as a wide cb and not one of the main men at the back. His strengths are in bombing on, not organising a defence

I think he could be more useful in midfield where his footwork can get past people easily. Plus he'd win more Headers and Tackles.

On 30/04/2024 at 08:05, ALC Fox said:

An absolute belter of a game last night. His ability on the ball is excellent. I do wonder if we'd be better off with Faes on the left and Justin on the right.

Defensively there are still questions about Faes, especially at PL level, but he's had a good season and deserves his chance to prove himself now he's had two seasons in English football. 

Absolutely are questions about him & at EFL (Plymouth goal!! & FPL level), stay on your feet son & stop being a show pony & a finger pointer AFTER the event BUT you're absolutely right he deserves his chance. 

He needs to realise he isn't as good as he thinks he is, though generally very good on the ball.

Echoing others. The run the other night for Vardy's second was some FIFA nonsense. Yes, it was against a woeful Preston defence but he's capable on the ball. In my mind, he's another Maguire style player and I'm not sure I want him in central defence. 

Still don't rate him. Been responsible for a lot of goals and a decent run against an awful Preston side, which felt more like a friendly for them, isn't changing my mind.

Hopefully we can get at least one new centre back next season because I don't like the thought of Faes and Vestergaard in the Premier League for us.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, slymunn said:

I think I prefer him playing the full back role, rather than a center back in this system.

Agree, he can dribble and has played some great diagonal passes when not much has been on. His defensive frailties are made up for and the fact he isn't as quick as Justin or another left back matter less when we are inverting the RB. Think it makes a lot of sense.

And that is from someone who has not rated him at all.

Just now, bmt said:

Agree, he can dribble and has played some great diagonal passes when not much has been on. His defensive frailties are made up for and the fact he isn't as quick as Justin or another left back matter less when we are inverting the RB. Think it makes a lot of sense.

And that is from someone who has not rated him at all.

I'm the same in regards to rating him as he's not my favourite!  If he makes a mistake out wide, its easier to knock it out for a throw, or be covered by a center back.

Can do the progressing/passing similar to Doyle, but with a little more pace to help cover like Justin. Somewhere in the middle of them both and generally stays injury free too.