Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

4 hours ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

We're one of the higher scoring teams in the league, I can't see why we'd have to change everything around for only a "good" player who might play better, when vardy and daka are already better

That's a square peg in a round hole. 

...you could also call it a good option, or just Plan B!!!

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Iheanacho’s started 70 premier league games (77 nineties) and in that time he’s scored 38 goals and set 21 up.

Some of the shit written about him is mental.

Wow, those stats! Gobsmacked he hasn’t fvcked us off, he’s well within his right to. 

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Iheanacho’s started 70 premier league games (77 nineties) and in that time he’s scored 38 goals and set 21 up.

Some of the shit written about him is mental.

48 goals and 26 assists in 91 starts for us! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

I’m surprised how patient he is. Surely he must be so frustrated sitting on the bench. Fair play for not throwing his toys out of the pram.

Yes shows a great attitude and being a real team player - love this lad who got dropped for no apparent reason - along with Dennis Rodger’s treatment of has been baffling 

3 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Yes shows a great attitude and being a real team player - love this lad who got dropped for no apparent reason - along with Dennis Rodger’s treatment of has been baffling 

Rodger’s really has treated some our players like dogs - Kelechi is well within his rights to totally f@ck us off

I find comments like these strange, both Praet and Iheanacho are not as good as the players who are starting ahead of them.

You can only start 11 players, so we have to have quality players on the bench and ready to come on and impact games.

Praet wasn’t completely happy with this and got his loan move last season.

It’s the managers job to pick the strongest 11 for each game and it’s not treating someone poorly to not include them in the side.

Iheanacho has a quality goal scoring record, but doesn’t add the quality Vardy, Maddison or Barnes has in his all round play.

Praet is an intelligent footballer, but doesn’t defend as well as Ndidi, isn’t as creative as Maddison and his passing and game control isn’t as good as Tielemans, hence he’s sitting on the bench.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

I’ve got a sneaking feeling he will end up at Forest in January. We’re just the kind of idiots who would sell him to a rival and then relegate ourselves. 

Leeds I reckon. They desperately need a striker and have tried for him before (I believe). 

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I find comments like these strange, both Praet and Iheanacho are not as good as the players who are starting ahead of them.

You can only start 11 players, so we have to have quality players on the bench and ready to come on and impact games.

Praet wasn’t completely happy with this and got his loan move last season.

It’s the managers job to pick the strongest 11 for each game and it’s not treating someone poorly to not include them in the side.

Iheanacho has a quality goal scoring record, but doesn’t add the quality Vardy, Maddison or Barnes has in his all round play.

Praet is an intelligent footballer, but doesn’t defend as well as Ndidi, isn’t as creative as Maddison and his passing and game control isn’t as good as Tielemans, hence he’s sitting on the bench.

But we won when he started, and he had a hand in both goals.  I suppose that counts for nothing in your view?

6 minutes ago, deep blue said:

But we won when he started, and he had a hand in both goals.  I suppose that counts for nothing in your view?

It does, and for what it’s worth I would start him again today - I just don’t think he’s in the best 11 when everyone is fit and on form.

As I’ve said, he’s a very good footballer and if we are going to get back towards the top end of the table we need good players who will sit on the bench. 
We need a full squad of quality footballers, but if we have that some need to understand they will be sitting out when everyone is fit.

• 2 months later...