Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

47 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

The only explanation I can think for anyone posting something like this is that they decided ages ago that Kel is crap and then haven’t been able to admit they got it wrong.

The guy always makes things happen - yes he has some clumsy touches, but I’m sorry if you think he is ‘piss poor’ without any recognition of the fact that he is so frequently effective then you can’t be watching football. Or you are just being deliberately stupid.

So quote something from months ago after he scored a goal against a league 2 side....

Yet in his years here at Leicester he has had 1 purple patch and the off goal here and there and that's it? 

If you think we don't need to buy another striker and he is the answer to our problems then my friend I think you are the deluded one 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I wasn’t having a go! I genuinely don’t see how we utilise him with the current personnel

Especially with our current fullbacks who look very average in a 3 back and I'm not convinced they would cope defensively behind a diamond.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dmayne7 said:

Definitely worth trying on the inside right that he has been playing Maddison. He's often drifting out into that space and looks a threat from there.

Think the trouble is that whereas James will go hunt the ball, Kelechi needs it to feet (or head)

20 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

I wasn’t having a go! I genuinely don’t see how we utilise him with the current personnel

Personnel has no bearing when we play exclusively in a one size fits all style no matter what.

Personnel isn't really the issue.

The fact he carried us to the FA Cup final and through the second half of the 20/21 season says he can be utilised when used.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Personnel has no bearing when we play exclusively in a one size fits all style no matter what.

Personnel isn't really the issue.

The fact he carried us to the FA Cup final and through the second half of the 20/21 season says he can be utilised when used.

Ok, fair enough, maybe he would get back that form if we just utilised him more. Don’t see it, but you may be right.  :dunno:

Iheanacho is good in a front two but indifferent as a lone striker. So why don’t we play 2 up top? Because that system in the Premier League gets overrun in midfield and loses more games than it wins. Two coaches who used 2 up top were Hassenhutl and Ragnick with the 4222 system that was effective in the Bundesliga, but both are no longer in our league. 

That’s why Rodgers saves Nacho for when we go 352 and a bit more direct, usually when we are chasing the game, or if we are out of options. You can win games with it but there’s a reason it’s gone out fashion in modern football. 

In my opinion where the player is unlucky is that Rodgers hates using him as the one up top, even though he’s not been that bad there. I remember him having a shocking performance a few seasons ago against Palace but to be honest Daka has also had a few awful games too. 

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, fair enough, maybe he would get back that form if we just utilised him more. Don’t see it, but you may be right.  :dunno:

I mean there's no denying i'm against Rodgers but I just find the way he's been frozen out and not used quite frankly disgusting, as is the case with many players.

17 minutes ago, Kuredufox said:

Greedy git does not look to put others in, only thoughts are to shoot. needs 2 or 3 touches.can score, when he doenst need to think.

Good strikers are greedy. Bizarre he doesn't get in as he's always been an effective player for us. 

Criminal that he’s not been given a run of games this season when neither Vardy or Daka have been pulling up strings. Without him, Rodgers would of been gone a long time ago.

You can’t give a player 20 minute cameos every other a game and expect them to perform miracles. Needs to be given a chance in the Prem, he guarantees you goals and assists.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, FoxInTheBirstallBox said:

So quote something from months ago after he scored a goal against a league 2 side....

Yet in his years here at Leicester he has had 1 purple patch and the off goal here and there and that's it? 

If you think we don't need to buy another striker and he is the answer to our problems then my friend I think you are the deluded one 

I just said he isn’t ‘piss poor’, because he isn’t. I also found your unfounded throw away comment about a decent player pretty moronic. 

32 minutes ago, Corky said:

He's got a great assist record for us.

He's not greedy at all. His style is honestly very heterodox but he's very good at what he does. He'd shine in a side like palace. Or anywhere where'd he'd be a with a coach that appreciates him. Rodgers despises him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cstott_lcfc said:

Sounds odd but I feel like perez and iheanacho would be quite dangerous in maddisons absence,both very skillful and have a point to prove to rodgers.

Perez wants to be played centrally and iheanacho wants a strike partner

Why not both?

Perez is a danger only for low flying birds

• Like 1