Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

He'll go from looking National League to Champions League within a blink of an eye, several times a game. Those, like Rodgers, who want total control of the football probably judge him on his loss of possession. Those of us that are interested in outcomes, know his true value. His G+A stats are the best at the club since he arrived. Amazing that no other club has come in for him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

If you look at his career stats, he averages a Premier league goal every 180 minutes - so 1 in 2, as well as getting an assist about one in 3 games. 

He's good enough to start. He needs to be playing. 

It's criminal, Rodgers is trolling us I'm telling you he wants the sack, Top give it to him.

30 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

He's a bit like Marmite. Has proved he's a goalscorer but I've never thought he was worth the £25M we paid for him.

Doesn't appear to have control of his feet sometimes but I agree he has been under utilised.

Don't think you can say he's proved himself a goal scorer then say he wasn't worth what we paid for him, considering he was less than Slimani for instance.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Don't think you can say he's proved himself a goal scorer then say he wasn't worth what we paid for him, considering he was less than Slimani for instance.

I think it'd be unfair to categorise him as just a goal scorer as well, though perhaps the poster didn't mean it that way. He's a much better link player than Vardy or Daka and while his execution can be erratic in the extreme he's got a good eye for a through ball and a little reverse pass round the corner. I think there are an awful lot of teams around who would really value his goals, creativity and (at times infuriating) unpredictability and it's a real shame that, particularly in Maddison's absence, Rodgers hasn't made much of an attempt to fit him in.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Well, Slimani was never worth the amount he cost us. The epitome of wasted funds if ever there was one.

Of course Nacho has proved he is a goalscorer but it's not his fault that he's been overlooked. Incidentally there is a difference between proven (a word I did not use) and the fact that he has proved he is a goalscorer. 

9 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

Well, Slimani was never worth the amount he cost us. The epitome of wasted funds if ever there was one.

Of course Nacho has proved he is a goalscorer but it's not his fault that he's been overlooked. Incidentally there is a difference between proven (a word I did not use) and the fact that he has proved he is a goalscorer. 

His record shows really his fee was more than worthwhile. As you say not his fault Rodgers seems to not trust him

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Whatever you think of him he's been appallingly managed since the end of 2020/21. Scored 19 goals that season, started off with the winner in the Charity Shield, then 9 goals only since then. 

10 goals and 10 assists, whereas he's barely been played this season.

Patson Daka with way more minutes has 14 goals and 7 assists.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

He's a bit like Marmite. Has proved he's a goalscorer but I've never thought he was worth the £25M we paid for him.

Doesn't appear to have control of his feet sometimes but I agree he has been under utilised.

There have been a few players that aren't silky smooth on the eye yet they somehow get the ball in the back of the net with regularity, that's actually what counts! Instinct, right place, right time, can't always be taught.

There have also been many 'flatter to deceive ' , easy on the eye smooth looking academy type players that couldn't score in a brothel.

Edited by volpeazzurro

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

His goals in 20/21 helped us to 5th place, an FA Cup win, and European qualification. He's more than repaid his £25m fee.

I don't dispute that. The fact remains that if he really was/is worth £25M he should be in the starting line up most games.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

32 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I don't dispute that. The fact remains that if he really was/is worth £25M he should be in the starting line up most games.

8DD270B4-8B97-469F-AFCF-62FBB912C55A.gif.905f9e58672a2f34082a725856563b71.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The argument (by some) against playing him, is that he doesn't fit well into the system, and that teams that play with two up front don't win all their matches.

HELLO! Our "system" is plainly not working well, so change it. And I don't see us winning that many games when Kel doesn't play, quite the reverse. Seems a criminal waste of a talent. There again, I'm not a professional football coach, so what do I know?

I remain puzzled.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1