Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

On 21/10/2022 at 22:59, Sharpe's Fox said:

It's simple.

He isn't an effective lone striker.

He has to play in a two.

Him playing in a two means in order to play three in midfield we play three at the back.

We're shit at playing three at the back.

We’re shit with 4 at the back too to be fair. 

• Haha 1

He is a real goals and assists threat and has great vision and at times can be sublime, however he can have moments where he looks like a completion winner and I think these rare moments for some reason Brendan holds against Kels more than the appreciation of what he brings to the team. Personally I think he deserves to feature a hell of a lot more than he does but Brendan clearly doesn’t trust or rate him highly enough. It is frustrating because in Madders absence, I honestly believe he offers our best option to provide the goals/assist we are so sadly lacking. 

• Like 3

Capable of sublime skills and goals.

But can also look like it has he's boot lace tied together at others and doesn't seem to have match awareness.

People seem to forget its not just under Rodgers he has struggled to be a regular, but under Puel and Shakespeare.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

But can also look like it has he's boot lace tied together at others and doesn't seem to have match awareness.

People seem to forget its not just under Rodgers he has struggled to be a regular, but under Puel and Shakespeare.

I don’t think anyone is saying he should always start, it’s just odd that when he does well he often gets rewarded by being hooked or dropped. For whatever reason Brendan doesn’t like to use him much at all, even though he dragged us through the end of our FA Cup winning season.

Just now, Kevin Russell said:

I don’t think anyone is saying he should always start, it’s just odd that when he does well he often gets rewarded by being hooked or dropped. For whatever reason Brendan doesn’t like to use him much at all, even though he dragged us through the end of our FA Cup winning season.

He should definitely start. Especially when Maddison is injured. He makes things happen and scores goals. What more do we want. We’ve looked awful recently and he still can’t get a sniff 

21 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I think we have to recognise that he was 21 when he came in under Shakespeare and later Puel, that's quite young for a striker.

There's also the fact that he's been genuinely good under Rodgers and has made a case for himself to be a starter multiple times unlike under the other managers. Some credit has to go to Rodgers for Iheanacho discovering his form under him but criticism of not giving fair minutes to a player that has deserved it is also reasonable.

Edited by honeybradger

daka  kel         

Mads

barnes                          Praet 

youri

I know barnes doesn’t defend but i’m curious  to see if you could get this to work against weaker teams.  Surely barnes could adapt his positioning to accommodate this. I wouldn’t expect him to be defending but just operate more as a lm than a winger 

As long as you have a left back with no intention to bomb forward you can get away with it against half the teams in the league. 

• Like 1

The problem for Kelechi has always been the same, he is best in a two and is not a loan striker, and to do this we need to either

• Play without wingers and utilise a diamond
  • Play with two in midfield and risk getting swamped in midfield
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Actually works in our favour at times. He's got an unpredictability about him in a team of robots.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think we have to recognise that he was 21 when he came in under Shakespeare and later Puel, that's quite young for a striker.

There's also the fact that he's been genuinely good under Rodgers and has made a case for himself to be a starter multiple times unlike under the other managers. Some credit has to go to Rodgers for Iheanacho discovering his form under him but criticism of not giving fair minutes to a player that has deserved it is also reasonable.

He should get more minutes, but he also needs to be more consistent. Which may come with more minutes.

He has has the ability, but not sure he has mindset to top draw.

Seems happy to be a squad player, other would have been jumping up and down and putting manager under pressure.

Just now, Matt said:

Newcastle on Tuesday then it's time to get in your box Kele, back to the bench.

How dare you paper over cracks!!!

Alright,  where would play him? In what formation would he be utilised - this is where I struggle with Kel

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The problem for Kelechi has always been the same, he is best in a two and is not a loan striker, and to do this we need to either

• Play without wingers and utilise a diamond
  • Play with two in midfield and risk getting swamped in midfield

I'd agree you can't have the likes of Nacho, Soumare and Youri in.

You could have a two with the right CMs we just don't have them.

1 minute ago, Dahnsouff said:

Alright,  where would play him? In what formation would he be utilised - this is where I struggle with Kel

Well isn't that what i'm asking?

Try something different? Mix it up?

But no, no, carry on doing what doesn't work, turns the whole fanbase off and creating apathy.

:brendan:

Kele carried us to the FA Cup final, he also carried us through the second half of the 20/21 season but then got frozen out and clearly doesn't fit with Rodgers.

Edited by Matt

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

I'd agree you can't have the likes of Nacho, Soumare and Youri in.

You could have a two with the right CMs we just don't have them.

Wilf and Pahlinha maybe, sacrifice any central creativity for width

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

Well isn't that what i'm asking?

Try something different? Mix it up?

But no, no, carry on doing what doesn't work, turns the whole fanbase off and creating apathy.

:brendan:

I wasn’t having a go! I genuinely don’t see how we utilise him with the current personnel