Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, JimmyC74 said:

With Madders absent and the lack of that RW I think Kels can provide much needed creativity and makes us a more potent outfit. So IMO I think we need to find a system that includes him.  

If Madders returns and we get a quality RW it may be Kels doesn’t make our best XI but even then I think BR could make better use of him. Not just 10-20 mins every now and again.

I'd go 4-2-3-1 

Iverson

Thomas

Soyunchu

Faes

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

Barnes

Nacho

Perez

Daka

I'm not convinced Iverson is the solution but I want to see something different in defence, hence his and Cags inclusion. Ndidi to offer a bit of protection to the defence, with Tielemens able to offer a bit more creativity. An give the three behind Daka a bit more licence to interchange and move around a bit. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, markko said:

I like KI. I did not at first. I thought he was lazy and disinterested. In fairness to him perhaps looking at him and Vardy was wrong. He has something. He is not Vardy but he is decent. He scores out of nothing. He has a good eye for a pass. Why Perez is being picked over him is beyond me!

For me he is the only guy who can do anything like linking the midfield and attack especially considering when you have the likes of Daka/Vardy and Barnes occupying our forward spots.

He should be starting for us months and months ago.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, jmono84 said:

For me he is the only guy who can do anything like linking the midfield and attack especially considering when you have the likes of Daka/Vardy and Barnes occupying our forward spots.

He should be starting for us months and months ago.

I agree. Whilst Maddison is out he should be in. Why play wantaway Perez?

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

I rate Iheanacho's ability to produce something totally unexpected. He has moments of sheer genius. He is unconventional however and for a biggish bloke rubbish in the air. Kane  proves time and time again that aerial ability is a major weapon. Our next main striker must have that quality.

That won’t happen with Rodgers in charge. At the Q and A he did within his first month in charge,he said he does not play to a plan B (in the air), nor does he want a lamppost upfront. To which the birch reminded him, Slimani was still at the club.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, westernpark said:

That won’t happen with Rodgers in charge. At the Q and A he did within his first month in charge,he said he does not play to a plan B (in the air), nor does he want a lamppost upfront. To which the birch reminded him, Slimani was still at the club.

Why does this not surprise me.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, westernpark said:

To go back a thousand years ,Geoff Hurst was highly capable on the floor and an expert with his head. Kane is better on the floor but a fine technician  in the air. These qualities can go together.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

Looking at our starting 11 every week i actually count 4 or 5 who have actively pushed for a move in the past 12 months. 

Yes that is true. Perez will be gone in the summer. Why alienate KI, who seems.like he is quite happy here?

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, markko said:

I agree. Whilst Maddison is out he should be in. Why play wantaway Perez?

I reckon Perez has been decent the past couple of games but come next season he won’t be here. I don’t think we’re in a position to play anyone else, no chance will BR play him in the CAM role and tbh I’d prefer to see him up top and linking up play.

11 minutes ago, markko said:

Yes that is true. Perez will be gone in the summer. Why alienate KI, who seems.like he is quite happy here?

I’ve love Ihenacho’s body language and attitude whenever he comes on! I don’t understand what he has to do to prove himself to the manager.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

To go back a thousand years ,Geoff Hurst was highly capable on the floor and an expert with his head. Kane is better on the floor but a fine technician  in the air. These qualities can go together.

Yeah I agree, Brendan doesn’t.

Ulloa was the last traditional central striker we had , I will discount Slimani , and he was very effective in disrupting defences and I think that with so much emphasis on set pieces we certainly miss that. Lenny though was only average on the floor and too slow in open play. The Vardy era is closing and the attempt to clone him with Daka is only ever likely to be partially successful . A big and mobile striker with a sharp football brain would complement Daka and Iheanacho pretty well. Rodgers would disagree but he will be history soon enough.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Ulloa was the last traditional central striker we had , I will discount Slimani , and he was very effective in disrupting defences and I think that with so much emphasis on set pieces we certainly miss that. Lenny though was only average on the floor and too slow in open play. The Vardy era is closing and the attempt to clone him with Daka is only ever likely to be partially successful . A big and mobile striker with a sharp football brain would complement Daka and Iheanacho pretty well. Rodgers would disagree but he will be history soon enough.

Wood and Mitrovic have totally dominated our defence in the last 2 home games.

Why Brendan wouldn't even consider having a physical option,  even from off the bench, is really annoying. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, markko said:

And then call upon players like Vestegaard, Soyuncu etc who have been alienated for so long and have absolutely zero incentive to play well apart from professional pride. The man management has been horrendous. If they are so bad in training then sort it the **** out. Just seems like pure stubbornness 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

That penalty against west ham :wub:

5 hours ago, filbertway said:

So you can be negative, but only if its in favour of Rodgers lol

I am a kind soul,

who just loves the underdog...

I still like Nacho,but he has a first control ,like when one puts the batteries arse to tit in the RC control for flip-dogs,it wags it's tail,but still can't control its feet..

Oh ..read my posts on Rodgers,I defend anybody's right to be  crap...!

Edited by fuchsntf

Why oh why is this lad not starting? He shows for the ball and links up play, he has some strength. Playing Daka or Vardy who only ever want to run behind handicaps us as we have to construct the perfect move to get them in. Hence why we often create eff all. Just get someone in who can get us around the penalty area with a simple ball into feet, held up. We can still play a goal hanger to play off him! 

• Like 1

I’d love to have him play alongside Vardy. JV’s pace is on the wane, but his brain and passing is as good as ever, and he’s still quick. With someone else occupying the defence, both could be so effective. I’d love to see Kel become the fixture of CAM/10, and JV/PD play the number 9 next to him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Capable of looking awful for 80 minutes in a game but no doubt he has a positive impact going forward. Has to start at the moment as we just look so uncreative.

I actually think as a false 9 type striker with quick direct wingers either side of him he would thrive!

Edited by LVFox
  • Thanks 1

Nacho knows where he's at & the issues he faces, He said back in 2021: “So I am happy and loving the football. I am not leaving Leicester at the moment but if I ever do then I will be careful not to get into any more queues.”
He knows his options are limited even away from Leicester as not many teams play with 2 strikers & he's not blessed with pace to lead a line so reliant on a certain formation.

I agree he should replace Perez when Perez plays the wide right but the only reason he doesn't is because Perez has bought into the hardwork & tracking back to support the RB, Nacho doesn't do that so much he needs to adapt that side of his game, just like Perez has just like Maddison has had to.

I said yesterday a new fast inverted RW could be his saving grace as it could allow him to be Leicester's Firmino with 2 speed merchants either side of him, i could see him pushing Vardy to 3rd choice in that set up but its reliant on the RW & for him to up his work rate off the ball around opposition box, he also wouldn't have to drop to deep in that position because ball goes to him & what he is good at is holding it up then when LW/RW break he slips either side then gets himself down the middle.

I believe if we had Ricardo fit we would have seen more of Nacho in the role just described

Edited by BKLFox

Given the squad is paper thin nacho should be starting in front of daka every game. He's the only player imo that we have in our squad that can/will pick the ball up with his back to goal. 

Through this bad period I'd still start vardy every game despite his age because the team plays better and the crowd reacts to him.

• Like 1