Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
John Godwin

Iheanacho

Give Kelechi a run of 10 starts and I guarantee he will score at least 5 goals and a grab a couple of assists. He has only ever had one consistent run of starts and lo and behold he scored a bloody bagful and ended the season as our top scorer. 

With Madders and KDH both out, now is the perfect opportunity to play 4-2-3-1 with Kel playing just off Daka. If we do that we have every chance of grabbing a few decent results and getting our season back on track. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Claudio Fannieri said:

Give Kelechi a run of 10 starts and I guarantee he will score at least 5 goals and a grab a couple of assists. He has only ever had one consistent run of starts and lo and behold he scored a bloody bagful and ended the season as our top scorer. 

With Madders and KDH both out, now is the perfect opportunity to play 4-2-3-1 with Kel playing just off Daka. If we do that we have every chance of grabbing a few decent results and getting our season back on track. 

or try 4-1-3-2 with Ndidi as the holding mid. Ask Ndidi to go back to basics and destroy and give the ball to any 1 of the 3 midfielders ahead of him. But we should move heaven and earth for a RW to add creativity to this team.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

or try 4-1-3-2 with Ndidi as the holding mid. Ask Ndidi to go back to basics and destroy and give the ball to any 1 of the 3 midfielders ahead of him. But we should move heaven and earth for a RW to add creativity to this team.

He will never ask Ndidi to do that. It goes against everything he is about as a manager.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

So you don’t want Barnes playing and no need for that RW to add creativity in your 4132 then

makes zero ****ing sense for Vardy to be starting games as he should be being brought on as an impact sub at this stage of his career. he's not pressing from up top and unsettling defences like he used to and with good reason considering how old he is, so i don't really see the point.  get nacho settled in the team.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

So you don’t want Barnes playing and no need for that RW to add creativity in your 4132 then

Just giving an example of how you could fit Kels in  whilst Madders is out. Potentially in that system you give the midfielder on the right more freedom.

Ndidi has demonstrated he is adept at sweeping side to side covering his full back, you tell him not to advance forward, that is for others to do.  You play KDH who has a good engine on the left side and Barnes (whose form has been in and out) has a period where he is on the bench / is used as an impact sub.

Point being Kels makes chances and scores goals and we should use him more. That is unless there is a better option.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

Just giving an example of how you could fit Kels in  whilst Madders is out. Potentially in that system you give the midfielder on the right more freedom.

Ndidi has demonstrated he is adept at sweeping side to side covering his full back, you tell him not to advance forward, that is for others to do.  You play KDH who has a good engine on the left side and Barnes (whose form has been in and out) has a period where he is on the bench / is used as an impact sub.

Point being Kels makes chances and scores goals and we should use him more. That is unless there is a better option.

So Nacho is only a stop gap until Madders gets back then back on the bench as Rodgers uses him?

Also a lot of posters want us to stop the possession game and go for a solely counter attacking side but for that you do need pace and if you now bench Barnes our most direct counter attacking outlet you can’t do that now either, Madders, Tielemens, Perez or Nacho can’t break that fast & sadly even Jamie is slowing down.

Really not having a go at you it’s general concerns & just goes to show how hard it is to get the balance right especially with Justin/Ricardo out the picture.

Ironically if we can secure that inverted RW then Nacho could get more time in as the middle of that 3 a little like Firmino when they had Mane and Salah either side of him and use him as a 3rd outlet laying balls off either side to the fast(er) players then getting in the box himself with Maddison/Tielemens (depends on who’s here) & KDH supporting on the edge of the box but still having Ndidi type as the DM.

Yes currently we are limping through and very much in need of reinforcements, I believe the end game is the 433 but you need Justin/Ricardo (types) and the inverted RW to allow this with an Ndidi (type) dropping as a 3rd CB when LB/RB bomb forward.

We can’t change to much from this in this period because we don’t have the players to support a change just to accommodate Nacho in a 2 we lose any width.

7 minutes ago, BKLFox said:

So Nacho is only a stop gap until Madders gets back then back on the bench as Rodgers uses him?

Also a lot of posters want us to stop the possession game and go for a solely counter attacking side but for that you do need pace and if you now bench Barnes our most direct counter attacking outlet you can’t do that now either, Madders, Tielemens, Perez or Nacho can’t break that fast & sadly even Jamie is slowing down.

Really not having a go at you it’s general concerns & just goes to show how hard it is to get the balance right especially with Justin/Ricardo out the picture.

Ironically if we can secure that inverted RW then Nacho could get more time in as the middle of that 3 a little like Firmino when they had Mane and Salah either side of him and use him as a 3rd outlet laying balls off either side to the fast(er) players then getting in the box himself with Maddison/Tielemens (depends on who’s here) & KDH supporting on the edge of the box but still having Ndidi type as the DM.

Yes currently we are limping through and very much in need of reinforcements, I believe the end game is the 433 but you need Justin/Ricardo (types) and the inverted RW to allow this with an Ndidi (type) dropping as a 3rd CB when LB/RB bomb forward.

We can’t change to much from this in this period because we don’t have the players to support a change just to accommodate Nacho in a 2 we lose any width.

With Madders absent and the lack of that RW I think Kels can provide much needed creativity and makes us a more potent outfit. So IMO I think we need to find a system that includes him.  

If Madders returns and we get a quality RW it may be Kels doesn’t make our best XI but even then I think BR could make better use of him. Not just 10-20 mins every now and again.

Agreed thst he has to play whilst we are missing 2 of Maddison, KDH and Praet. Also, Daka and Vardy are in revolting form, we simply have to get 2 up top or Iheanacho in some sort of RW / 10 role and see if that gives us anything more than we've had served up to us in the last month. 

This notion its our defence that's the problem and we score enough goals is a helluva myth when you take 1 player out of this side.

• Like 3

Iheanacho could be a 20 goal striker if he plays regularly.  Quite simply, now is the time (overdue imo) to set the team up to play two up top.  Kels and Daka could be deadly.  Player recruitment needs to concentrate on bringing players in that allow for a system that allows two up top.  If that means defenders that can play in a three (if Maddison stays) or a proper winger to allow a balance 4-4-2, then so be it.  Vardy is nowhere near as effective as a lone striker anymore, but can still play a big part for us in a two.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Agreed thst he has to play whilst we are missing 2 of Maddison, KDH and Praet. Also, Daka and Vardy are in revolting form, we simply have to get 2 up top or Iheanacho in some sort of RW / 10 role and see if that gives us anything more than we've had served up to us in the last month. 

This notion its our defence that's the problem and we score enough goals is a helluva myth when you take 1 player out of this side.

We should just put him in the right wing / Maddison area for now

When he was carrying us in 20/21 that was the area he was occupying anyway

0489A8A4-1149-4D40-8311-F2081CB4F305.jpeg

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

With Madders absent and the lack of that RW I think Kels can provide much needed creativity and makes us a more potent outfit. So IMO I think we need to find a system that includes him.  

If Madders returns and we get a quality RW it may be Kels doesn’t make our best XI but even then I think BR could make better use of him. Not just 10-20 mins every now and again.

I do agree with you he probably needs to play due to the lack of creativity without Madders but what you will end up with is what we had yesterday and I think, i think I read in the match and post match threads that the formation and game was a bag of shite with Nacho maybe being the standout but maybe because other players are shoehorned around him, we made 8 changes.

1 minute ago, BKLFox said:

I do agree with you he probably needs to play due to the lack of creativity without Madders but what you will end up with is what we had yesterday and I think, i think I read in the match and post match threads that the formation and game was a bag of shite with Nacho maybe being the standout but maybe because other players are shoehorned around him, we made 8 changes.

Yesterday was a pretty awful performance and i wouldn’t expect Vestergaard, Cags, Perez, Brunt or McAteer to play many more games together this season.

Our transfer strategy and our buying should consider if changes in system would make us more effective

24 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

We should just put him in the right wing / Maddison area for now

When he was carrying us in 20/21 that was the area he was occupying anyway

0489A8A4-1149-4D40-8311-F2081CB4F305.jpeg

With the amount of CM's we have injured as well we could play Albrighton with Tielemans and him and Castagne can cover any half space that Iheanacho doesn't pick up. It's got to be worth a try.

I rate Iheanacho's ability to produce something totally unexpected. He has moments of sheer genius. He is unconventional however and for a biggish bloke rubbish in the air. Kane  proves time and time again that aerial ability is a major weapon. Our next main striker must have that quality.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It'sblueupnorth said:

Iheanacho influences a game far more than barnes

When looked through the prism of a 20minute window but pace affects what the opposition do and I’d wager if both played the oppo team talk will be more about Barnes than Nacho, I’d say that is the bigger influence.

I like KI. I did not at first. I thought he was lazy and disinterested. In fairness to him perhaps looking at him and Vardy was wrong. He has something. He is not Vardy but he is decent. He scores out of nothing. He has a good eye for a pass. Why Perez is being picked over him is beyond me!