Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

BREXIT today - Remain or Leave?

Brexit - if the vote happened today.   

77 members have voted

1. 1. If the Brexit vote happened today, would you be remain or leave?

Can't think of one benefit of Brexit.

Leave was based on various options, none of which appear to have come to fruition. Leave voters at the time voted for various versions of the 'leave' they wanted, as opposed to what was promised.

It made sense to remain in the EU at the time and it makes sense that if there was a vote today, to remain in the EU this time.

• Like 2

It was far, far too complex an issue to put in a binary vote in 2016.

Unsurprisingly, it turned out to be the biggest self-administered kick in the baws in about 7 decades.

I'd vote to go back, in a heartbeat. 

In fact, I will have the chance to do exactly that when I vote for Scottish independence, an event which I think will now happen and which I said in 2016 would be a direct consequence of Brexit.

• Like 1

Remain then and now.

Most who voted exit were knuckle heads wanting "To take back control" and indirectly stop the foreigners coming in.

Loads of Europeans HAVE  returned back home leaving low income jobs which wont be filled by Dad of 4 Johnnybwho prefers to stay on benefits smoking weed and watching tv on his 55 inch tv.

NOTHING good has come out of it.

The country is on its knees and it was sold on lies by Farage and his cronies.

Rant over.

Happy new year

• Like 2

I'm 80 years old.... sorry love, what's my address?  I've never voted before.  Which box do I tick to say leave?

Can I have a pen, I don't trust this ridiculously heavy pencil mark, someone might rub it out.

All things I heard when I was working the polling booth.

Unfortunately, Labour didn't have the balls to say they would hold another referendum based on the true facts.  THAT is what lost them the election, and was the undeniable point of no return.

So what if it had gone wrong... would they be any more irrelevant as an opposition than they are now?

Edited by filthyfox
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Remain then and now. If only the stay-at-home remainers had got off their fat arses and gone to vote instead of complacently assuming victory we'd still be in the EU. It's them I blame more than anyone.

I agree and I'm sorry to says I was one of them (except I have a skinny, rather than fat, arse) 

Staunch remain and didn't bother to vote. Shameful.

• Sad 1

21 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Says it all really....it was the ' who won the bloody war anyway ' brigade who are to blame 🤬🤬!!

FB_IMG_1672086497942.jpg

This is absolute quatsch. There is no way that that type of data would be made available.

While it IS possible to tell that a person has voted through thousands and thousands of lists, it is not realistic to be able to match the ages of those people.

This must have been an "exit poll", which aren't entirely accurate, and not representive.  I certainly have never had one outside any of my polling stations.

7 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

True and accept that. However, Part of the gig of politicians is to motivate their vote. The remain campaign was as lethargic as I was. I blame myself. But that doesn't detract that the remain campaign was utterly dismal. 

Oh, it was shit, alright. Absolutely agree.

15 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I agree and I'm sorry to says I was one of them (except I have a skinny, rather than fat, arse) 

Staunch remain and didn't bother to vote. Shameful.

Think it was something like 17m voted for Brexit and 15m voted to remain. That's 32m that voted. In 2016 the UK probably had approximately 45m registered voters. I'm assuming that everyone that really wanted Brexit voted. So that leaves more than 10m remainers (or at least soft remainers) that didn't bother to vote.

2 hours ago, weller54 said:

Anyone who thinks that leave was a good idea need to give their head a good wobble!!..

The leave campaign was based on lies, lies and more lies!..

Whilst I’m not disputing your assertions, I think the dishonesty (particularly after the referendum) from the remain side has been large and exponential. A lot of remainers I speak to literally blame everything on brexit.