Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

3 hours ago, taupe said:

I think I read somewhere that they'll go full strength, and that wouldn't surprise me one bit. As you say, not after the weekend. That said, we'll be putting out a full strength side too I suspect. Just that our full strength will be more who's available than an ideal starting 11. We're on a hiding to nothing as I see it. Who knows though, out of such adversity can come inspiration... or whatever.

I’m afraid at the moment their ‘full strength side’ is better than ours.

BUT the cups are funny things. Average players suddenly find some sort of form and ‘show up’ when needed

1 hour ago, AmyLGK said:

Another 3 - 0 loss .... I'm watching this with a NUFC supporter - I chose then wrong month to quit drinking.... 

Fvck that mate gonna need a few beers to cope with watching this tonight I reckon....

• Like 2

We all remember a feeble villa side dersevedly beating us in  a 2 legged semi. And a poor Slavia Prague doing us over. 

I don't fancy us at  all. But, you never know. Bit of self imposed pressure on them having been dumped out the FA Cup. Our big players just  clicking for once all together....Barnes, Kels, Vards, Youri and Wilf having a monster game 

5 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I just hope we're horribly aggressive and cynical tonight. Go in to it filled with hate, bitterness and anger and maybe we'll not crumble so easily.

I hate 3-4-1-2 but I think that's what I'd go for.

Iversen

Amartey

Faes

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

McAteer

Barnes

Daka

Iheanacho

Haven't got it in us under this manager. I'm convinced that's instruction as well. He's the least shithouse manager ever.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

embarrassing by who? you are embarrassed that people for one reason or another have decided not to go to the football? 

So basically you are embarrassed to be a Leicester fan today? 

Hats off to you for making the trip (which I am guessing you are) you deserve some sort of thank you from the club. 

In recent years our fan base frequently manages to embarrass me. 

I go to most games home (season ticket) and away.

I'm a larger than life, loud character, by nature.

We, as a fan base, seem incapable, these days, of rallying behind our team, if the chips are down. This isn't the case with other clubs. The opposite in fact. The team have to lift us, rather than vis-versa. We're a strange, inverted bunch, for some unknown reason.

I'm already in Gateshead this afternoon. I'm in a box this evening in the Milburn stand. I drove here, and I'll be driving back to Notts tomorrow.

Edited by FoxinNotts
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

To say I'd be ecstatic with that is an understatement. That would be an immense season and an immense feather in Rodgers' cap

In fairness, it would. I wouldn't even begrudgingly say that, he'd have earned it given our squad issues.

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

We, as a fan base, seem incapable, these days, of rallying behind our team, if the chips are down. This isn't the case with other clubs. The opposite in fact. The team have to lift us, rather than vis-versa. We're a strange, inverted bunch, for some unknown reason.

I'm already in Gateshead this afternoon. I'm in a box this evening in the Milburn stand. I drove here, and I'll be driving back to Notts tomorrow.

well enjoy your afternoon / evening you are obviously in a privileged position that i guess a lot of people would like to be in currently. 

7 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Completely fabricated load of old bollocks this

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

If you're already in Gateshead and fancy braving the weather, get down to the By The River Brew Co. under the Tyne Bridge.

• Like 1

Just now, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question: When was the last game, we didn't go deadly silent after going behind?

Oh no I fully agree that things are stale right now and that there's a sense of apathy towards the club from large parts of the fanbase. I think a lot of people (myself included) are feeling a certain disconnect from the club and have down for some time now. But to suggest that we're the only fans that don't get behind their club when things aren't going well simply isn't true. 

Anyway....enjoy the game tonight mate. Expectations are low but it would be a real confidence boost if we could win there

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

We all remember a feeble villa side dersevedly beating us in  a 2 legged semi. And a poor Slavia Prague doing us over. 

I don't fancy us at  all. But, you never know. Bit of self imposed pressure on them having been dumped out the FA Cup. Our big players just  clicking for once all together....Barnes, Kels, Vards, Youri and Wilf having a monster game 

Nonsense. 

One of the few occasions in Brendan's tenure where we didn't get what we deserved. 

Their first choice keeper turned into prime Yashin in the second leg & we were denied an obvious penalty. 

5 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Genuine question: When was the last game, we didn't go deadly silent after going behind?

People don't feel any connection to the team mainly due to the manager and his incredibly boring (not suitable) style of play. 

That coupled with owners who are more secretive and less visible than the leading family of North Korea doesn't help. 

• Like 1

Just now, foxfanazer said:

Oh no I fully agree that things are stale right now and that there's a sense of apathy towards the club from large parts of the fanbase. I think a lot of people (myself included) are feeling a certain disconnect from the club and have down for some time now. But to suggest that we're the only fans that don't get behind their club when things aren't going well simply isn't true. 

Anyway....enjoy the game tonight mate. Expectations are low but it would be a real confidence boost if we could win there

It never used to be this way, as a city fan. I personally feel, since the dawn of all seater stadiums, this affected the atmosphere with our fans more than most, for some unkown reason.

I have countless memories of standing, especially away, and singing our hearts out to get the team back into games. Don't see it anymore.

• Like 1