Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

32 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

I don't think the club are treating this like that. We will play a strong team. The big issue is the fact we have been dragged back into the relegation scrap and have a huge game on Saturday, plus some key players injured.

The vibe is created by us fans who have had any enjoyment sucked out since the WC break and have just witnessed a comfortable 3-0 win for them at our place. The bookies have Newcastle at 9/2 odds on to get to the semis.

Of course, this is football and anything can happen. I would love this to kickstart our season post WC, but I am not holding my breathe.

Do they? It’s more 1/2. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just hope we're horribly aggressive and cynical tonight. Go in to it filled with hate, bitterness and anger and maybe we'll not crumble so easily.

I hate 3-4-1-2 but I think that's what I'd go for.

Iversen

Amartey

Faes

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

McAteer

Barnes

Daka

Iheanacho

Here here. I want to be hearing how dirty and unreasonable we were. I want the toon fans upset with us and for them to think they were robbed of their first trophy opportunity in years. Get stuck in with Man City style fouls when we lose possession.  Had enough of being the nice guys right now.

Think thats close to what he will go for, but im certain he will pick Ward.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Here here. I want to be hearing how dirty and unreasonable we were. I want the toon fans upset with us and for them to think they were robbed of their first trophy opportunity in years. Get stuck in with Man City style fouls when we lose possession.  Had enough of being the nice guys right now.

Think thats close to what he will go for, but im certain he will pick Ward.

I wish Soumare would try and pull players back if he’s not going to be arsed to chase them when they pass him in midfield. 

50 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Read again. 1/2 is probably 90 min odds.

Yeah and to win the tie is 2/7. Absolutely no chance that they’re 9/2 to qualify when they’re 1/2 in 90 minutes betting. 

F8D44874-51A9-4375-AB3A-3DCE0496FA36.png

8682027D-B00A-480A-B76B-5003DEFF601A.png

Edited by Bert

18 minutes ago, leislcfcbeeken said:

I have two nights booked in the Newcastle central premier inn, can no longer attend the game so looking to sell this room, think I paid £60 will take £30. Booked for tonight and tomorrow night..

Which type of booking did you make? With one of them you can cancel upto 1pm on the day and get a full refund. Think on another type you can rearrange the dates at the same hotel. We usually go Premier Inn and certainly worth paying a little extra to be able to do either of the above.

5 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Probably worth mentioning, like a lot of fanbases a  large portion of our Twitter following our absolute melts and in no way reflective of the match going fans. See the meltdown after the defeat on Saturday, our first blip in about four months. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, NAKC20 said:

Which type of booking did you make? With one of them you can cancel upto 1pm on the day and get a full refund. Think on another type you can rearrange the dates at the same hotel. We usually go Premier Inn and certainly worth paying a little extra to be able to do either of the above.

Tried that mate, it’s actually a travel lodge rather than a premier inn and apparently it’s non refundable 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️

54 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I just hope we're horribly aggressive and cynical tonight. Go in to it filled with hate, bitterness and anger and maybe we'll not crumble so easily.

I hate 3-4-1-2 but I think that's what I'd go for.

Iversen

Amartey

Faes

Soyuncu

Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans

McAteer

Barnes

Daka

Iheanacho

The fact we can still put this team out and yet we'll end up with some monstrosity with Albrighton at centre half sums our manager up. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ted Maul said:

We're in such a weird place as a club and fanbase at the moment. I know it's midweek up in Newcastle, long month financially etc. but us taking under a thousand to a cup quarter final is quite sad to see.

Is that the estimated numbers? damn. 

Not surprised the away numbers are so bad. 

Watching us struggle to string 3 passes together on a disgustingly wet and cold Tuesday night in January at the other end of the country doesn't exactly sound appealing. 

I'm struggling to muster the motivation to put an illegal stream on TBH. 

Grim. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sharpe's Fox said:

The whole media if we knock Newcastle out.

Woman Yelling GIF - Woman Yelling Trump - Discover & Share GIFs

You're mental if you don't think the media will be cockahoop if we get knocked out of the FA Cup and the League Cup, go 4 games without a win and haven't managed to sign anyone yet.

We're the bad guys now. Don't be surprised if we come out to Darth Vader's theme. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1