Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Newcastle Away - League Cup Quarter Final Pre Match

18 hours ago, st albans fox said:

I’m sure I went to a game at St. James’s Park which went like that ….. could have dreamt it …… I was sitting with the home fans ….. must stop eating cheese in the evenings  ……

I remember watching the horror taking place before me Shearer hat-trick i travelled back on the team bus that day  and it was so silent. 

Scott Taylor was literally in tears after the game if I remember right. 

40 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Villa didn't deserve to win that two legged semi. Sorry. 

Over the two games they had about 4 shots. 3 goals. Their keeper turned into prime yashin/casillas/valdes what ever we should have won  

Yep. And the refereeing was terrible - we should have had at least one penalty in the 2nd leg. Didn't we hit the woodwork too? 

• Like 2

Personally I'd rather win this and lose to The F word.

This club and its supporters are my most hated bunch of turn our heads away hypocrites imaginable.

A club finding success in the blood soaked hands of mass murderers.

But they wont be the last I'm sure as our game is systematically sold to the highest bidders.

We are watching the dying embers of football as we know and love it now l believe.

Not going for a win here woud be criminal,

Much like their barbarian owners.

47 minutes ago, Ashley said:

Over the two games they had about 4 shots. 3 goals. Their keeper turned into prime yashin/casillas/valdes what ever we should have won  

We absolutely dominated them at Vile Park , think we hit the bar 2/3 times and remember us not getting a stonewall penalty for handball

Normally, in previous years I'd  mostly tip us to win these kind of games, but my confidence in this team has gone, we are going to get absolutely mullered and Brendan will sing his full repertoire of excuses like a lark with it's nuts caught on barbed wire.

I would be happy to see Brendan gone tomorrow but in fairness, nights like tonight have been regular under him. Quarter finals or better of some sort in every season he's been here.

Full expecting a loss tonight, my only hope is that we have a bit of a go at them.

2 minutes ago, kristianity77 said:

Can't see anything but us putting our white flags up and surrendering.  Newcastle play each game giving 100%, and that alone is enough to see them through.  

So long as we give our all & 100%,

then hope sits on every branch of the game day tree…

If not , the Newcastle  lumberjacks will have us as carving boards,cabinets & chipboards.

and that is even before Forest…

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Isn't that the point though regarding the Villa game, they didn't deserve to win but did, we don't have to be our best, cut out the mistakes, keep it tight and build the pressure on them, most expect them to win.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thebluefox85 said:

18months ago this was an easy win now with the squad and manager we have we will be lucky to come away with another 3-0 defeat 

Yes, it wasn't long ago we could rock up at St James,.play without breaking sweat and walk away with an easy 3 goal win. Mahrez, Vards, Gray, Choudhury, Madders, Perez all scoring beauties. Particularly Perez, as he was playing for the Geordies at the time. 

2 hours ago, Paninistickers said:

We all remember a feeble villa side dersevedly beating us in  a 2 legged semi. And a poor Slavia Prague doing us over. 

I don't fancy us at  all. But, you never know. Bit of self imposed pressure on them having been dumped out the FA Cup. Our big players just  clicking for once all together....Barnes, Kels, Vards, Youri and Wilf having a monster game 

Rewriting history we had around 40 shots over the 2 legs to their 10.

1 hour ago, browniefox said:

Quietly confident we will get a win tonight. 

The reason being, anytime I think Brendan gets sacked if we lose this one, we go on to win. 

Would be in the top four if this was true for every time I thought Brendan could be sacked

• Like 1
  • Haha 1